Domes In Extinction

TimeBomb2003

Domes In Extinction

So I've started to encounter a bug that most of you probably know about. I'm playing single player, and when I go into one of the Extinction domes, the barrier doesn't appear behind me, so the city and the wasteland are still visible. I attached a screenshot.

Could any body give me a technical answer as to why this is happening? or even better, a way to fix it? When I tried creating a new save file, it worked again, but i'd like to get it to work on my main save.

20200903124016_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this on singleplayer as well, I had the same issue. It was fixed at one point, and now it's back again. It appears to happen on Official servers as well. WC really should fix this.
EDIT: Those who say my drivers aren't up to date, I'm running the latest NVIDIA drivers on a GTX 1080Ti, one of the few cards that's already known for performing very well on ARK.
ARK__Survival_Evolved_8_23_2020_23_53_49

That happened to me on a Single Player game (like a year ago now, roughly). It was in the desert biome, for myself, I remember going into the desert cave and when I came out it was fixed. I'm not sure if going into the cave fixed it, or if it was just coincidence though. I know the Ice cave isn't actually under the snow biome dome, however, so not sure how you could test it there., but judging from the screenshot, I think your problem is also in the desert biome. Either way, just offering suggestions, I have no idea if you've already tried that, or something similar ..

Whatever you attempt, I hope this issue resolves itself for you. Good luck, bud .. :)

3 hours ago, Used2loveAb said:

That happened to me on a Single Player game (like a year ago now, roughly). It was in the desert biome, for myself, I remember going into the desert cave and when I came out it was fixed. I'm not sure if going into the cave fixed it, or if it was just coincidence though. I know the Ice cave isn't actually under the snow biome dome, however, so not sure how you could test it there., but judging from the screenshot, I think your problem is also in the desert biome. Either way, just offering suggestions, I have no idea if you've already tried that, or something similar ..

Whatever you attempt, I hope this issue resolves itself for you. Good luck, bud .. :)

yea I already tried the cave method.. I currently do have a sorta fix for it, where I install a structure saver mod and move all my assets to a new extinction save.

• 1 month later...

Archived