Massive Wyvern Parks but no Wild.

Rio4201

Massive Wyvern Parks but no Wild.

Our server on 845 is plagued with giant wyvern parks, hundreds of wyverns just parked on islands and the floating isles, pillaring and overbuilding also rampant around spawn areas, completely killed wyvern taming and crystal farming to raise babies. When is this gonna be addressed? 

23 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Whats there to address? That is the nature of PVE. Only thing close to report-able is if people are pillaring large areas with no base in sight, then you MIGHT get a dev to wipe the pillars but pillars dont block wyvern spawns so that wouldnt help with your main issue.

It is in fact against the CoC to park that many wyverns or any dino for that matter for long periods if you aren't going to use em.  I mean 20 - 50 dinos out for the purpose of breeding raising is one thing, but these people are keeping out several hundreds at a time.  That's partially why the server is so laggy, when you can't fly over their base without stuttering, it's too much. 

50 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

It is in fact against the CoC to park that many wyverns or any dino for that matter for long periods if you aren't going to use em.  I mean 20 - 50 dinos out for the purpose of breeding raising is one thing, but these people are keeping out several hundreds at a time.  That's partially why the server is so laggy, when you can't fly over their base without stuttering, it's too much. 

Many people who do this are traders, they leave them out for pictures and for people to come by and browse for what they want to trade. Even if these people arent traders, it isnt against the CoC to have many wyverns out. The CoC line you are referring to is specifically about having out hundreds of easy to tame dinos aka dodos, light pets and the such SPECIFICALLY for the purpose of capping the servers tame limit. If you dont like what these people are doing and want to police how they get enjoyment from the game you could try to put a ticket in but I believe the GM would tell you the same thing, that its not against CoC. Goodluck

9 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Many people who do this are traders, they leave them out for pictures and for people to come by and browse for what they want to trade. Even if these people arent traders, it isnt against the CoC to have many wyverns out. The CoC line you are referring to is specifically about having out hundreds of easy to tame dinos aka dodos, light pets and the such SPECIFICALLY for the purpose of capping the servers tame limit. If you dont like what these people are doing and want to police how they get enjoyment from the game you could try to put a ticket in but I believe the GM would tell you the same thing, that its not against CoC. Goodluck

Well if it is in fact not against the CoC it should be but I won't split hairs on what classifies as an easy tame, all dinos except for a small handful are imho, it's irresponsible, if you aren't using them, put em up, cryopods weren't put in so you could clog the server up with hundreds of dinos just sitting around doing nothing.

the thing is,  tribes are allowed to have 500 dinos on display... the servers will not handle it, but it is allowed.  and many of the game enforcers are required to police both PvP and PvE, where the rules get easy to cross up. So generally they wipe pillars only if they are blocking access... meaning, if you can fly over, walk a dino 3 miles out of your way, or teleport away from... it is not considered blocking by most of the enforcers. there are some good ones that are more familiar with the differences of the rules for PvE vs PvP.

Submit a support ticket, they handle them on a case by case basis.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno, I got more than 100 wyverns out and i'm using all of them every other day at minimum.  I'm not sure about the spawns though, kind of hard to stop people from building right on the areas that spawned them on day 1.  I built over the water far from their spawn areas, not everyone is so polite or knowledgeable of the areas they build on.

Archived