SINGLE PLAYER DLC

DonaldDuck

Suggestion

SINGLE PLAYER DLC

Please after done with Gen Two, consider making a single player DLC, a tailored and customized stuffs for better Single Player experience, balanced EVERYTHING for SINGLE PLAYER. Complete with manual save, ingame dododex, ingame better spyglass that can see how many times a dino is leveled both wild and tamed, etc, that should be provided ingame, not by a 3rd party app just saying. Also make every map connected better for Single Player, so tedious using the obelisk especially Aberration.  

Playing online especially official server is too problematic, too much random attack by Disconnectosaurus. So please consider making a BETTER SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE, there must be a way to make single player great. I am playing Night of the dead and it is a SP (mp with host) survival game similar open world with crafting building like Ark mixed with tower defense, not that I want Ark like that, but more of the SINGLE PLAYER fun but Ark.

10 replies to this server topic

On 9/3/2020 at 11:37 PM, Pipinghot said:

d) ingame dododex

There's no reason they would add that only to single player. If WC wants to have Dododex built into their game then they're going to add it for all versions of the game.

There is a spyglass mod that also functions as a taming manual.

As for the vanilla Ark. There are note pages and canvas to create your own dododex, in-game.

On 9/2/2020 at 3:48 AM, DonaldDuck said:

So please consider making a BETTER SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE, there must be a way to make single player great.

ARK is practically perfect in single player. You can use console commands, mods and settings to make the game as easy or hard as you want to. You can play it hardcore, you can play it steampunk, you can have NPC's, you can have a whole bunch of crazy different options for dinosaurs, buildings, and everything else.

You completely control your own single player experience, which is more than most games give you. How can they possibly make the game better than that?

3 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

You completely control your own single player experience, which is more than most games give you. How can they possibly make the game better than that?

You have a weird definition of a perfect single player experience, complete control :D 

You should play Unreal Engine, totally complete control....from scratch.  Can't be more complete control than THAT. :D 

12 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

You have a weird definition of a perfect single player experience, complete control :D

That's not a weird definition at all.

Do you want the game to be difficult? Make it difficult.

Do you want the game to be easy? Make it easy.

Do you want the game to be wacky? Make it wacky.

Your ability to custom control the single-player experience allows you to turn ARK into 100 different games, you can play whatever version of ARK you want. That's the ultimate single player DLC and it's been built into the game since Day 1.

12 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

You should play Unreal Engine, totally complete control....from scratch.  Can't be more complete control than THAT. :D

That's a silly argument, what you're describing is manually building your own game from scratch, but what ARK offers you is the ability to play it anyway you want without having to program your own game first. You know, actually playing the game not writing one.

46 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

That's not a weird definition at all.

Ok, not weird, it's silly.

Do you want the game to be difficult? Make it difficult.

Do you want the game to be easy? Make it easy.

Do you want the game to be wacky? Make it wacky.

Your ability to custom control the single-player experience allows you to turn ARK into 100 different games, you can play whatever version of ARK you want. That's the ultimate single player DLC and it's been built into the game since Day 1.

Why would I want what you want ?

Why official server exists and why people play on there ? they don't have custom control of the experience to turn it into 100 different multiplayer games, they can't play whatever version of Ark they want, it's NOT ultimate, yet they play on it.

Why would they make more DLC, Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, etc ? Why not sell the game $300 since EA, it's going to be an ultimate game.

That's a silly argument, what you're describing is manually building your own game from scratch, but what ARK offers you is the ability to play it anyway you want without having to program your own game first. You know, actually playing the game not writing one.

Your whole post is the silly one, you conclude that total control is what makes a single player perfect so I'm giving you the core of the core of a more total control that I'd say would be perfect....for you...if total control is what you want , you shouldnt complain about writing one, it is total control in every sense of the words, it's perfect. THat's what Unreal Engine offers to YOU, an ability to totally control your game to be.

Anyway, this is a suggestion forum, hosted by the developers of the game, it is to be directed to them and of course other users are free to comment since its public after all, but to be blunt, it is more to them, not you, because you are not Wildcard, you don't make Ark, so I don't actually need any input from you, at all, just saying.  

39 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Ok, not weird, it's silly.

Why would I want what you want ?

Why official server exists and why people play on there ? they don't have custom control of the experience to turn it into 100 different multiplayer games, they can't play whatever version of Ark they want, it's NOT ultimate, yet they play on it.

Why would they make more DLC, Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, etc ? Why not sell the game $300 since EA, it's going to be an ultimate game.

Your whole post is the silly one, you conclude that total control is what makes a single player perfect so I'm giving you the core of the core of a more total control that I'd say would be perfect....for you...if total control is what you want , you shouldnt complain about writing one, it is total control in every sense of the words, it's perfect.

1) I never said, nor even implied, that you want what I want. You're making up a fake argument to argue against.

2) People play on Official servers because that actually is the version of ARK they want, so they have no need to control the experience to turn it into 100 different multiplayer games. It's already the multiplayer game they want to play.  Or... if it's not then they leave Official and find the version of ARK they want to play, either on a public Unofficial server or on a private server that is customized the way they want.

3) I'm going to ignore your obviously absurd question about selling the game for $300, that's just a red herring that has nothing to do with the conversation.

Even if you disagree with everything I've said, they will not do a single player DLC precisely because they built the game so that every person playing single player can customize the game for their own preferences. That's the DLC/TLC for single player and it was built into the game from Day 1. There is no way that they're going to spend time and money changing Single Player when every single person who plays the game can make single player whatever they want it to be.

Everything you asked for is already in the game or if it's not in the Official version of the game and there's no way they're going to add it only to the single player version.

You asked for:

a) a tailored and customized stuffs for better Single Player experience

That's already part of the game. There are a zillion mods with all sorts of "customized stuffs" that you can add to your game in seconds. Or, if you have specific items that you want added to the game, there's no reason that WC would limit them only to single player. If you suggest a new piece of closing and WC likes it, they're going to add it to the whole game, not just single player. Anything custom that they add will be added for everyone, not just for SP.

b) balanced EVERYTHING for SINGLE PLAYER

That's already part of the game. Just change a few settings and *boom* "EVERYTHING" is already balanced for your personal single-player experience.

c) Complete with manual save

That's already part of the game, it's a simple command.

d) ingame dododex

There's no reason they would add that only to single player. If WC wants to have Dododex built into their game then they're going to add it for all versions of the game.

e) ingame better spyglass that can see how many times a dino is leveled both wild and tamed, etc. that should be provided ingame

f) Also make every map connected better for Single Player, so tedious using the obelisk especially Aberration.

Everything you've asked for either exists already or would never be added only to SP, if they like those things they would add them to every version of the game.

In the end, there is no reason for a DLC/TLC that's only for single player.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

1) I never said, nor even implied, that you want what I want. You're making up a fake argument to argue against.

You're making up a fake one yourself, saying total control is what makes a game perfect, yet when presented one at the very very core of it, you don't want it.

2) People play on Official servers because that actually is the version of ARK they want, so they have no need to control the experience to turn it into 100 different multiplayer games. It's already the multiplayer game they want to play.  Or... if it's not then they leave Official and find the version of ARK they want to play, either on a public Unofficial server or on a private server that is customized the way they want.

Not actually what they want, it's what's available and they take it, because if you ask them, I bet they would also complain and make suggestions.

3) I'm going to ignore your obviously absurd question about selling the game for $300, that's just a red herring that has nothing to do with the conversation.

Ultimate perfect game deserves ultimate price.  

Even if you disagree with everything I've said, they will not do a single player DLC precisely because they built the game so that every person playing single player can customize the game for their own preferences. That's the DLC/TLC for single player and it was built into the game from Day 1. There is no way that they're going to spend time and money changing Single Player when every single person who plays the game can make single player whatever they want it to be.

I strongly disagree because you are NOT Wildcard or their representative, but it's true that they will not do every single suggestion posted on this forum, mine included. There is still a chance they're going to spend time and money adding Single Player DLC even though you're saying they won't because, you're NOT WIldcard, it could even come along with a story driven Ark. 

Oh, and in before you're going to say GenTwo is the last DLC, they also said the same thing with Extinction.

Everything you asked for is already in the game or if it's not in the Official version of the game and there's no way they're going to add it only to the single player version.

Not everything in the suggestion forum is going to be implemented in the game, I could also say that to every single post in this forum and I'll be right 99% of the time, but it's your thing.

You asked for:

a) a tailored and customized stuffs for better Single Player experience

That's already part of the game. There are a zillion mods with all sorts of "customized stuffs" that you can add to your game in seconds. Or, if you have specific items that you want added to the game, there's no reason that WC would limit them only to single player. If you suggest a new piece of closing and WC likes it, they're going to add it to the whole game, not just single player. Anything custom that they add will be added for everyone, not just for SP.

Nope, a PAID Single Player DLC would be so much more than that, there could also be story driven Ark. Regarding mods, they could also adopt some from existing mods like S+ , a built-in stuffs thats not mod wont be problematic as if they're mod. Something like SAVING SLOTS would only for just SP, or multiplayer also uses that so everyone playing on the server can load their own savegame ? LOL to your statement :D 

b) balanced EVERYTHING for SINGLE PLAYER

That's already part of the game. Just change a few settings and *boom* "EVERYTHING" is already balanced for your personal single-player experience.

Nope, what I'm asking is a standard for Single Player, a default, not a DIY stuffs like you said but when offered Unreal Engine to write your own game customizing everything in your game to be, you're dodgy.

c) Complete with manual save

That's already part of the game, it's a simple command.

My bad if I'm not clear on that, what I want is manual save as in multiple save in slots, so when I'm about to do something dangerous like stealing drake egg or other things, I can just load the savepoint if something bad happened. And that is SP only, coz no way MP server needs that with the many people playing :P , you said earlier everything for sp is also for mp.

d) ingame dododex

Of course duh, it goes without saying, I'm just mentioning more suggestions in this thread coz I'm not making many threads for each suggestion that I made. Geez dude, you're being nitpicking, AGAIN, I remember you always do that, and always debate me and probably many others. But no prob debate is fun.

e) ingame better spyglass that can see how many times a dino is leveled both wild and tamed, etc. that should be provided ingame

You're responding a spyglass suggestion with a dododex answer, I know that's a copy paste, but YOU'RE SO WRONG !

Anyway I was just making several suggestions in one thread, since it's about SP, you couldn't help yourself to do what you like so damn much. 

f) Also make every map connected better for Single Player, so tedious using the obelisk especially Aberration.

YES THERE IS !! If you ever tried Atlas you'd know what I'm talking about, but it would be hard to do on SERVER CLUSTERS! 

Dude, you're so wrong talking about dododex in a better map suggestion, be more serious next time if you want to debate.

Did you take my suggestion and playing Unreal Engine, that would explain why you seem off :D

22 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

You're making up a fake one yourself, saying total control is what makes a game perfect, yet when presented one at the very very core of it, you don't want it.

Boy do you ever have fun talking in circles.

Here's my vote: Your suggestion is bad. Feel free to talk in circles about that too.

4 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Boy do you ever have fun talking in circles.

Here's my vote: Your suggestion is bad. Feel free to talk in circles about that too.

Said the one repeating answers for different subjects, perfect circles !

I don't care about your vote, it's 0.00002 cent on top of 2 cents. 

Archived