Taming bar always dropping from Basilosaurus?

Zapha

I found a stuck Basilosaurus and tried two times to tame it with raw fish, but after a while the taming bar dropped down to zero. Then I got some muton, came back and found it unstuck in deep water. Was a nice hunt to follow it with my raft and feed it with muton under attack from the mantas. But at ~80% the same: tame bar dropping to zero.
I read that changing the food would cause this but in all three tries I didn't changed the food. Is the Basilo untameable because of this bug?

But the stuck basilo didn't got any damage, no enemies near. It was in shallow water behind a rock.

I think now there is a time limit. This would explain why while the first two tries with raw fish the dropping started around ~20%, and at the third try with muton the dropping started around ~80%.

Maybe it works while an event when the taming is faster.

yes if you wait too long between feed the progress bar will slowly drop to zero but not all at once the waiting time between the first 2 feed is long but then it is very fast, one every 8-10 seconds so you have to stay underwater close to the basilo and feed it, you need scuba tank unless you are on genesis. what i usually do is have a water tame with me on follow where i store the ovis meat with preserving salt also i kill every manta and megalodon around before starting the taming process, because when it is feeding time it is not time to fight, if you accidentally hurt the basilo, like i said, taming starts over , i had this happened to me already

I noticed that too that the pause after the first feeding is longer. I was very near, my raft directly over it, the pauses between the feedings were short as possible.

So, yeah, there must be a time limit. It was a level 50 Basilo and I guess my third try with muton would have been almost a success without the chasing. With kibble it would have worked, I think.

That means, level ~50 Basilo is limit for taming, maybe a level 100 while an event.

I'm not sure what the "limit" would be, so I'm wracking my memory. Seems like I tamed a lvl 130 x-basilo during 2x taming event with mutton, but I can't remember for sure... but I do remember being aware there was such a limit and feeling like I was playin with fire, and working my butt off trying to do it as efficiently as possible time wise. Not sure how 2x would effect it precisely but my guess is you'd divide lvl by 2, so maybe limit is lvl 65?

23 hours ago, Zapha said:

I found a stuck Basilosaurus and tried two times to tame it with raw fish, but after a while the taming bar dropped down to zero. Then I got some muton, came back and found it unstuck in deep water. Was a nice hunt to follow it with my raft and feed it with muton under attack from the mantas. But at ~80% the same: tame bar dropping to zero.
I read that changing the food would cause this but in all three tries I didn't changed the food. Is the Basilo untameable because of this bug?

I did the same thing with a lvl 20 basil.....Found two leeds, stole about 100 raw prime fish meat, went to the basil, killed the mantas, and started taming with raw prime fish......80%, tameing started crashing 79%, 78%, 75%...….screw this, killed it. And am curious as to what went wrong and why?
He was free range, so no trapped issues. I was constantly ontop of him every single time he wanted fed, and nothing nipped at him while I was taming him, so Im really confused here.

Finaly a success with a level 20 basilo, and strange things happened:

My second try yesterday ended right before I wanted to start taming with the "Server update" message after I drove my raft stuck and captured a level 90 basilo in a perfect cage ... which was gone after the restart.

Today the third try. A level 20 basilo with his followers... and all the other animals around it fresh from the restart. I killed them all and saw the basilo in resting position with his followers (from observation from the day before I think that only one follower on the basilo don't stop him, but if he has two he can go into the rest modus, without moving).

I killed all his manta followers and built a cage around the basilo. Then I tried first to tame his Ichty-followers, but surprise surprise, the taming bar on the Ichty started falling immidiately after feeding, I also was not able to tame more than one Ichty-follower at the same time.
Then I gave the basilo the first muton peace, but same effect like with the Ichty-followers, taming bar dropped immidiately after feeding. I killed all followers and tried it again with prime meat. Finaly all was right, a few minutes later I had the basilo.

Either the basilo is totaly bugged or there is a deeper mechanic with the followers. Seems like their presence and their constallation determines if the basilo can be tamed or not. Sadly I was not able to test my timelimit thesis, with level 20 it was too low.

This is how I think to do: Search a basilo with followers in resting mode. Kill all manta-followers. Build a cage around the basilo. Kill all other followers. Tame it.

I tame a lot of basilos and I never had any issue. But I always do it with kibbles and I never build a cage. Maybe the cage is the culprit ? I don't know by the way why you build a cage. The basilo moves slowly and always stays in the same area. Just be aware of your surroundings and go and kill the aggressive dinos (anglers, megalodons, mantas, cnidarias...) which may wander a bit too closer.

Also, during the taming there are often several wild Ichthyos closely following me and the basilo, and as I said I never had any issue. So I don't think that they interfere at all.

It's almost impossible to tame basilo w/o using fins and scuba tank.  You have to wait 5 minutes after the first feeding.  After the first feeding time is up you have to feed every 8-10 seconds, and if you aren't feeding them every 8-10 seconds then taming will start going down.  If you have fins and a tank then you can swim along side of them, and constantly feed without issues.  I hope this helps.

19 minutes ago, tystra said:

It's almost impossible to tame basilo w/o using fins and scuba tank.  You have to wait 5 minutes after the first feeding.  After the first feeding time is up you have to feed every 8-10 seconds, and if you aren't feeding them every 8-10 seconds then taming will start going down.  If you have fins and a tank then you can swim along side of them, and constantly feed without issues.  I hope this helps.

The ones I tamed/ failed to tame were on genesis where you basically get intrinsic scooba, you can swim seemingly for ever there. I assure you the timing intervals are not the issue, I sat next to it the whole time and crammed food into it the instant it would eat, but taming bar still randomly decides to drop sometimes.

8 hours ago, Elgar said:

I tame a lot of basilos and I never had any issue. But I always do it with kibbles and I never build a cage. Maybe the cage is the culprit ? I don't know by the way why you build a cage. The basilo moves slowly and always stays in the same area. Just be aware of your surroundings and go and kill the aggressive dinos (anglers, megalodons, mantas, cnidarias...) which may wander a bit too closer.

Also, during the taming there are often several wild Ichthyos closely following me and the basilo, and as I said I never had any issue. So I don't think that they interfere at all.

The ones I tamed/ failed to tame were also caged, so that could be the problem...

the one I tamed was on the island, no cages, no followers as I did not want to be bothered. Even by itchy's. I did have a scuba, but was more or less using a shark to help me conserve tank durability. Also to deal with issues. 

I will try again tomarrow, and I will try with mutton, but Im going to record the whole thing to see what happens.

Archived