Did they nerf the Phiomia?

Melcreif

Really?

I havent played in awhile but if I come back to find this I will be severely disappointed. Pretty much a staple for most farming operations is Phioma and dung beetles with a good supply of stims. 

Must be a mistake or bug, there is no way the devs would be stupid enough to make a change like that on purpose, not like it was complained about or OP or anything like that.

8 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

It works. Maybe your Phiomia was out of food and you kept on spamming in Stimberries. Happend to me as well and I wondered for a few seconds... ? 

Nope, brand new phiomia and he had full food. When I'd spam the stimberries the food wouldn't go down either like it used to. I remember having to be careful not to kill them with too many stimberries and always leveling food. I'll jump on here in a few and try it again though to see if it was a glitch or if this is a new thing.

Official or unofficial?  I have never once got a phiomia or any dino to poop faster with stim berries.  I have gotten them to poop more by riding them around so their hunger bar fell.  I felt stim berry pooping was a myth like the myth that dung beetles pick up poops on their own so you don't have to TEDIOUSLY put it in their inventory ONE POOPER AT A TIME yourself.  Tested on TheIsland and Ragnarok official servers.

Btw, cryo and uncryo will make a dino poop.  If to tedious still good to know if want large poops fast to use to catch the dung beetle.  I remember having to wait all day for my bronts to poop just so I could use those feces to hunt the dung beetles.  Not anymore.  

There are mods that have poop collectors.  I want for ark the devs to add a poop collector for official.  Ideally there be both an object you could craft and a dino that would collect poops around your farm on it's own.

Playing Unofficial right now on Xbox. I've played both official and unofficial over the years and never seen this issue before. Spamming stimberries always caused them to drop a ton of poop. Now he will only drop one at a time, sometimes 2 max.  I just tried it again and yep same results. I even pumped up his food a ton after uncryoing him and spammed regular berries, then stims, messed around a bit. Nothing. it seems broken.

3 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

Official or unofficial?  I have never once got a phiomia or any dino to poop faster with stim berries.  I have gotten them to poop more by riding them around so their hunger bar fell.  I felt stim berry pooping was a myth like the myth that dung beetles pick up poops on their own so you don't have to TEDIOUSLY put it in their inventory ONE POOPER AT A TIME yourself.  Tested on TheIsland and Ragnarok official servers.

I can assure you that it's not a myth with phiomias, I've been doing it since the early days of Early Access and it still works.

1) Open the inventory of the (tamed) phiomia.

2) Put the stimberries into their inventory.

3) Hold down your "Use" key (whatever you have that mapped to) and don't let go. Force feed it multiple stacks in just a few seconds, lots of poop for everyone.

9 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

I can assure you that it's not a myth with phiomias, I've been doing it since the early days of Early Access and it still works.

1) Open the inventory of the (tamed) phiomia.

2) Put the stimberries into their inventory.

3) Hold down your "Use" key (whatever you have that mapped to) and don't let go. Force feed it multiple stacks in just a few seconds, lots of poop for everyone.

I think step 3 is what Jemcrystal might have been neglecting to do by the sounds of it. I made this mistake when I first started playing ark, put stims in it's inven and was like ok now I wait for the poop, Eventually figured out you need to force feed them and then the brown waterfall came to life lol.

6 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

could be a platform specific issue.  PC-official, this works last I checked. also, dung beetles can be used to store owl pellets, and owl pellets are about as good as fertilizer. just sayin. no need for poop.

Well problem with Owl pellets is you will get nowhere near the same volume you will with poop and beetles. Unless you have a ton of owls, One phiomia and a few beetels on the other hand can give you more fert than you will ever need, I have setup a plant x spam defense of 250+ plant x surrounding desert temple ruin on rag while running solo. All I needed for it was one phiomia 3 beetles and a good supply of berries. Still had more fert than I needed despite making sure every crop plot always had atleast 5 stacks of fert after being fully grown. Also this only took me a few days of to pull off. As good as pellets are they will not be able to achieve that kind of volume without amasing a literal army of owls.

3 hours ago, HoboNation said:

Well problem with Owl pellets is you will get nowhere near the same volume you will with poop and beetles. Unless you have a ton of owls, One phiomia and a few beetels on the other hand can give you more fert than you will ever need, I have setup a plant x spam defense of 250+ plant x surrounding desert temple ruin on rag while running solo. All I needed for it was one phiomia 3 beetles and a good supply of berries. Still had more fert than I needed despite making sure every crop plot always had atleast 5 stacks of fert after being fully grown. Also this only took me a few days of to pull off. As good as pellets are they will not be able to achieve that kind of volume without amasing a literal army of owls.

If you use gachas, then its not really difficult to get owl pellets. With 5 owls supplying 2 gachas I log in and have the gachas inventories full of pellets. The reason pellets are not as good as fertilizer is cause the pellets actually have a spoil time although its a decently long spoil time, the fertilizer has no spoil timer. So the problem I run into is if you fill a crop plot with pellets, a few of them will end up spoiling before actually being used for nitrogen supply and therefore causes me to have to fill them more often.

For the first week or so on a new server I use a dung beetle and sometimes a phiomia to get the poop, but once you make a toilet all that other stuff is obsolete. Just spend 5-10 minutes pooping and flushing and you will have a slot cap of fertilizer.

9 hours ago, HoboNation said:

But I don't have to spend any time collecting or feeding a phioma to collect it, the gacha do all the work for me on that.  I can have 12 pairs of gacha around my base all collecting from 48 owls.  I get plenty, and all I have to do is pull it out of the gachas and load up the dung beetles for storage until it's needed.   I throw away plenty of pellets because I just have too much.    So i just have to go toss the old stuff from the crops and refill w/ fresh.    

But either way someone manages it, there's always opportunity costs for time spent doing things.  I just find I can use owl pellets for 2 things, and fertilizer is only good for 1 thing.  So I like to combine activities as there's usually plenty of extra time on hand to refill crop plots when I'm harvesting dust from gacha(only need 4 stacks of crop plots, not alot of running around needed to refill and x-plants you assume are burning it up either way, so you have to go refill them weekly at least whether it's fert or pellets).  I don't have to wait for dung beetles to turn poop into fertilizer when I'm low, and when I've used up all my owl pellets that the gacha are holding, I can pull more out of storage from the beetles to keep going if I go nuts harvesting dust.

I dont' cry over popcorning owl pellets, I instinctively try to hold on to fertilizer though, which I think says alot about which route is more expensive to manage.   That fert took more inputs to produce it than letting the owl and gacha do all the work.

I force feed pets stim and they don't poop.  Maybe I gave up after about 300 stims maybe I was spose to use more.  Really the entire poop thing get very very old boring insane tedious I black out and take a nap if I have to farm that much tedium.  Boring.  I find Stardew Valley's grind more interesting.  I mean it was okay at first but after two years of ark everything feels repetitive and in the way of having actual fun.  There's progression but at some point the effort vs. progress climbs to yawns.

LIKE STANDING AT THE OBELISK TELEPORT WAITING TO GO TO ANOTHER MAP FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES.  Having a raptor attack you and have to stand there yet another 15 min making that 1/2hrs of my life wasted doing nothing but standing.  Then having to find the server which takes five more minutes.  Try to port only to be told something in your inventory does not jive.  Exit the port tab to figure out what that something is and drop it.  Then open the port up to see that you now have FIFTEEN MORE MINUTES TO WAIT.  Making that 45 minutes of my life wasted not even playing the game because some smuck once duped and this was the best the devs could come up with for a fix.  To make everyone suffer.  So now the duper still dupes and we suffer their lag and this portal timer to boot cause it did not stop the duping.  And no one cares because devs don't play their own game and the gamers are to busy trying to be sassy rather than support proposed fixes.

I keep forgetting about gachas have not really gotten around to dealing with those yet.  

Yes I am solo play.  Well, one computer in the house makes that so only one person on at a time.  Other pc is to old.

Archived