WARNING Before You Transfer

Zuus
Message added by invincibleqc,

If you lost your character on an official cluster, please refer to: My character was erased!

If you wish to report an official server outage, or cluster issues please fill the following form: ARK Official Server Outage Report

Thanks!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my character was erased when I was transferring from the island to valguero on September 28, 2020. I was able to transfer but when I wanted to respawn on the bed I got “ Downloading transferred character failed. 007- failed while downloading transferred character with code:200 and Msg: RefCode:1-0” my characters level was 82

Mark me down as another victim of this bug. Ticket submitted. It's one thing to lose a dino here and there it's another to lose all progression entirely.  Even if I get my stuff back, which based on the responses I won't. What would be the point of playing if this can happen at any moment again? So many things wrong with this game, but the deleted characters is next level game breaking. This shouldn't be an issue this many years after release. 

Sorry you had to experience this as well Delamer.  I have been waiting for customer support for 13 days now.  At the very least I am going to lose 3 ascensions, 31 levels of experience, bases over 3 maps and about 250 tames that I have been breeding and using for years.  All this over a bug that has plagued Ark for a long time, for which if there is not an easy fix, there is a reasonable way to recover lost player information so that thousands of hours of play progress is not lost.  But instead of fixing the issue, Ark puts out expansions, TLC and customer support lags to maximize the damage to the clients.

Ticket was put in September 16th.  Calendar to set up a time to meet with a moderator given on Sept 29th.  The first available time slot on the calendar is mid November.  It is now impossible to avoid losing everything achieved over years of playing Ark due to this bug.  If you play in a tribe of one or you are the only active member left in a tribe, you are at the mercy of losing everything you have worked for.

24 minutes ago, maxplanck58 said:

Ticket was put in September 16th.  Calendar to set up a time to meet with a moderator given on Sept 29th.  The first available time slot on the calendar is mid November.  It is now impossible to avoid losing everything achieved over years of playing Ark due to this bug.  If you play in a tribe of one or you are the only active member left in a tribe, you are at the mercy of losing everything you have worked for.

Good grief. Thanks for the update. A time slot that far out tells me that's it's happening  a lot. I hope you get most of your stuff back. 

I think I am done with Ark for a while.  I could not imagine a more game breaking bug than wiping out all progress made over years, especially for a long-standing bug with no character backup database to restore them when they are lost.  Then to add insult to injury, a support claim that has a two month waiting period: more than twice the amount of time it takes for your bases and all your tames to disappear.  The absence of any kind of reasonable support is an insult.

Take comfort my friend I have lost 7 dinos and plenty of other hectic stuff not to mention I was kicked from my tribe(solo player on official). I did get a response though.

They said they could replace 5 dinos but no mutations and only 150 or 190 wyvern.

Saddles can be replaced but cant guarantee stats same with dinos. 

Personally I'm fed up aswell so we should all get together on this one.

Totally wc fault

On 9/28/2020 at 10:42 PM, KRIPT4 said:

I was able to fix it. You have to travel to any map, take for example the island and download the character there appears and then simply travel again.

Yea my friend had me try that, but there was no download at all on any server, believe me I even tried old servers that said I had a char on.

The transferring to oc servers on ps4 is taking a hecking long time to work and isnt always working   i have a lot in my uploaded character from last night. But I cant retrieve it. Is there something happening? And when will it be fixed. It isn't just my ps4 I have a friend that is having the same problem

2 hours ago, Zuus said:

This is a bug, game ending bug, if you have this problem dont let the GM's sweep it under the rug.

I dont care about policy and you shouldn't either, if you on any official server and this happens, this is a bug and needs fixed. Make wildcard fix your missing items, they have ignored this for far too long.

I ended up losing everything.  I submitted two tickets, but got the same slow response GM on both.  By the time they gave me the link to set up an appointment, all my bases had decayed - lost 3 years worth of breeding lines in 250 tames, all asc engrams and gear, in addition to the 3 lost ascensions and experience levels.  Then if it was possible to make it worse, the next available appointment is in over two months.  With that kind of wait time, all your progress in the game will be lost like it was with me.  This is the result of a game breaking bug and no reasonable system to restore those that get hit by it.

Yup.  It happened to me almost 3 weeks ago, and has happened to 3 other players i know since. For context i only know about 10 people on the game from 1 server but all the character losses happened transferring between other servers.  Still waiting for my appointment because i can't access any of my stuff.   6-months of grinding...

Lost a character on official - tribe of one.  Put in two tickets because the first one was so slow to respond.  By the time the MC offered to make an appointment to restore tribe ownership, my three bases disintegrated.  If it takes 2 weeks for customer support to respond and another 2 months to wait your turn to be served, you are guaranteed to lose all progress you have made over years of playing the game.

My total losses:

250 tames - worked on the breeding lines and raised over years

3 ascensions, most genesis missions and 31 levels of experience

All gear and BPs accumulated over years of playing

I won't say that customer support was worthless, because they offered to restore a new character to level 105.  But they also offered to restore tribe ownership of bases/tames as well as imprints which is impossible to fulfill if it takes 2.5 months - everything will disintegrate before they can help you.

This all seems weird.  I've been playing video games since i was a kid on the original NES.  I built and gamed on a PC when I was in my teens and have owned every version of playstation.  I've have never, in like 25 years of gaming on multiple platforms, had data loss at any level happen on any system unless I did i myself on accident. 

I don't understand how this is happening - the character file shouldn't be very large or store all that much information - and there are network protocols that can guarantee data transmission.  Also, why don't I have a copy of my character file on my PS4? A loss would be more like a server rollback instead of feeling like you lost the keys to your house, car, bank account, drivers license, social security etc.  I'm no programmer or network engineer - but that's my 2cents. 

I left my server joined 1055 and the second I go to spawn in my character was downloading and bam goes my connection, I go to load back in and now It says I'm connected for the most part when trying to load in, the 1 time I got it to load in my character is gone and isn't in download as far as i see been trying for about 30mims now

• MostSpy changed the title to You need to know about this: Customer Data Losses

Archived