WARNING Before You Transfer

Zuus
Message added by invincibleqc,

If you lost your character on an official cluster, please refer to: My character was erased!

If you wish to report an official server outage, or cluster issues please fill the following form: ARK Official Server Outage Report

Thanks!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will join with many of other players who have been hit but loosing character during "jump" between servers.

I was made aware that support is pretty much non existant but i was not expecting this to be so true.

The requirement of having print screens to prove that it was your charecter, print screens of proof that you had said dinos imprinted etc. is in my opinion pure way to make us give up on our quest to restoring any meaning in this game.

I was alone in my tribe so now every day i look at my base - my dinos vanishing the clock ticking.

Most annoying thing is that i had responce within 4h of submiting my issue. The message was as follows:

"Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support. I am Wildcard GM Chival and I will do my best to assist you today. Let me start by saying we are sorry to hear that you had the misfortune of losing a survivor. Sadly, we are unable to get back your original character. However, there are a few things we can do to compensate for your loss. First, we can give experience equivalent to your previous character’s level to a new character you create."

Now i took me just 30 min to sort out reply to that but that was Friday and today nearly week on nothing ... i'm starting to think that this GM Chival doesnt exist or rather it is a automated response. 

I went as far as contacting WC directly from their website asking for some timeframe but as you can imagine no responce whatsoever. 

As many have said before it is sad, yes the game has countless bug and issues but it is still somewhat playable as long as it does not wipe all that you have been spending weeks and weeks creating. 

If it wasnt for players in my alliance i would most likely delete the game.

I have been playing many many games over last 20+ years but what WC call support is not even a joke its full on shumbles, i would even go so far to say its a scam, fraud in itself - to sell product with no support and to have this state for all those years. 

It a shame and the whole ARK community should get a Noble prize for patience and perserverance.

5 hours ago, Zodiakos1977 said:

I will join with many of other players who have been hit but loosing character during "jump" between servers.

I was made aware that support is pretty much non existant but i was not expecting this to be so true.

The requirement of having print screens to prove that it was your charecter, print screens of proof that you had said dinos imprinted etc. is in my opinion pure way to make us give up on our quest to restoring any meaning in this game.

I was alone in my tribe so now every day i look at my base - my dinos vanishing the clock ticking.

Most annoying thing is that i had responce within 4h of submiting my issue. The message was as follows:

"Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support. I am Wildcard GM Chival and I will do my best to assist you today. Let me start by saying we are sorry to hear that you had the misfortune of losing a survivor. Sadly, we are unable to get back your original character. However, there are a few things we can do to compensate for your loss. First, we can give experience equivalent to your previous character’s level to a new character you create."

Now i took me just 30 min to sort out reply to that but that was Friday and today nearly week on nothing ... i'm starting to think that this GM Chival doesnt exist or rather it is a automated response. 

I went as far as contacting WC directly from their website asking for some timeframe but as you can imagine no responce whatsoever. 

As many have said before it is sad, yes the game has countless bug and issues but it is still somewhat playable as long as it does not wipe all that you have been spending weeks and weeks creating. 

If it wasnt for players in my alliance i would most likely delete the game.

I have been playing many many games over last 20+ years but what WC call support is not even a joke its full on shumbles, i would even go so far to say its a scam, fraud in itself - to sell product with no support and to have this state for all those years. 

It a shame and the whole ARK community should get a Noble prize for patience and perserverance.

I am waiting on GM Chival as well.  I put in my ticket within 10 minutes of my character disappearing.  Now my base is starting to disintegrate while I wait.

Gm Chival either gets stuck with or grabs all of these transfer bugs lately ?

I hate to hear about base decay, I know I lost at least 30 dinos so far, because I didnt know they made dino decay 8 days even if you feed them.

You can tell something is wrong if it takes months for a GM to actually help you, someone really needs to sit down and go over policy and game development at wildcard. I believe the game was better in beta than it is now.

Maybe by keeping the thread going we can finally get through, get something done, and save a few people from having to go through this game ending bug.

On 9/23/2020 at 9:38 AM, Aylana314159 said:

You aren't required to play official servers.

Without just calling you a troll that probably has never even logged an hour in Ark, Im going to give you a proper reply.

The transfer bug is not going away on a private server that runs clusters. Just in case you dont understand what I just said, its when you have multi map / expansions on a private server.

1 hour ago, Zuus said:

Without just calling you a troll that probably has never even logged an hour in Ark, Im going to give you a proper reply.

I have enjoyed many hours of Ark in single player mode and on unofficial servers. If you want to play official servers, you just have to deal with all the official problems and poor customer service. Playing there is a choice not a requirement.

Just now, Aylana314159 said:

I have enjoyed many hours of Ark in single player mode and on unofficial servers. If you want to play official servers, you just have to deal with all the official problems and poor customer service. Playing there is a choice not a requirement.

I started on single player in beta, then all my friends went to an official server, I ended up there and for the most part has been trouble free.

I think I have about 10 tickets in five years, older tickets was actually fixed in a timely manner, one time was within an hour and of all things it was a meshing problem early on, years before people exploited it and anti-meshing in place.

If you read through this thread, I have said it too, play on a private server.

Sad that most of my time is on official.

13 minutes ago, Zuus said:

If you catch it within the 15 minute server save, if not then I guess you get a new char just like official.

Characters are saved in a different file to dinos and structures that are in the main save file.
If your character is lost to the "transfer bug", then it can be retrieved by restoring the last backup of the entire save directory, then starting that up as a temporary server and transferring the character from the temporary server to the main server.

I make daily backups of the save directory on my server, so the most that would be lost to this bug is the last 24 hours worth of progress.

Any server farm of repute would have a better backup system than I can afford on my server, so WC *should* be able to retrieve a lost character reasonably quickly and not have to rely on making a new character replacement.

Please tell me that WC make backups of their servers 🙂

1 minute ago, Larkfields said:

Characters are saved in a different file to dinos and structures that are in the main save file.
If your character is lost to the "transfer bug", then it can be retrieved by restoring the last backup of the entire save directory, then starting that up as a temporary server and transferring the character from the temporary server to the main server.

I make daily backups of the save directory on my server, so the most that would be lost to this bug is the last 24 hours worth of progress.

Any server farm of repute would have a better backup system than I can afford on my server, so WC *should* be able to retrieve a lost character reasonably quickly and not have to rely on making a new character replacement.

Please tell me that WC make backups of their servers 🙂

If that was the case they would restore and not replace, they only offer to level up and restore imprints and tribe, with proof (the implant in your arm/inventory screenshot) something most people would never take a picture of. Yes sure there is backups of your tribe but I dont think anything is in place to actually restore any of it.

1 hour ago, Zuus said:

The transfer bug is not going away on a private server that runs clusters. Just in case you dont understand what I just said, its when you have multi map / expansions on a private server.

Private servers can actually backup and restore character files. And honestly it rarely happens in unofficial well run clusters.

2 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Private servers can actually backup and restore character files. And honestly it rarely happens in unofficial well run clusters.

None of this matters to all the people here on this thread playing official servers that have lost everything because of unsafe transfers.

There is some key things everyone is overlooking in the save files that I am not going to disclose on this thread, this thread is more about the problem and not how to fix it.

7 minutes ago, Zuus said:

None of this matters to all the people here on this thread playing official servers that have lost everything because of unsafe transfers.

There is some key things everyone is overlooking in the save files that I am not going to disclose on this thread, this thread is more about the problem and not how to fix it.

Please tell us.

This been happening a lot when I tranfer, luckly 3 time I gotten the new character screen and my character was in the download part. My friend how ever had lost her 130 toon last night. She sent in a ticket, she had lost 2 reaper as well. After she made a new toon. I added her back to the tribe. She try to tranfer again, but it wouldn't even load and she was stuck on the tranfer page. All I say just be careful. 

The second day I can't go back to my server. The eternal screen of loading the character onto the bed appears. The support says that they cannot do anything, another team is engaged in this. Damn it, are you out there crazy or what? They point fingers at each other, but where are the bosses looking? If this is not fixed in the next couple of days, I will lose all progress for the second time in half a year! In May, my character was simply removed from behind a lag in the middle of the desert, and support made an appointment in a month! Yes, everything has already been destroyed and killed! God, help me deal with this one more time ...

I can feel your losses, lost my char 2 weeks ago during a transfer, a tribemember lost his char the day before, the whole tribe stopped playing now all together ( 5 people with each 2k hours + ), its was a legacy server so no support to be expected and even if support existed Wildcard seriously thinks that people are willing to wait 1-2 month to get "maybe" some help?? Sorry, but no, most of the time the interest in playing the game anymore is lost!

Aside from all the bugs the game itself has, lost stuff to i.e. anti meshing, the one thing thats most important to all of us, our character!, gets lost, this is just a gamebreaker. I cannot understand that this topic did never go highest priority.

From a business point of view a total desaster, losing the customers trust!!!. Think about the people that would still be playing and buying DLC's or upcoming titles from your company.

Imagine games like WoW having such issues, the possibilty to lose your character, do you think it would have been such a huge success.

From a technical point of view, is it really that hard to implement a system where there is no possibility to lose your character, transactional processes while transfering and having a cloud based backup. Of course there are situations you have to consider, the receiving server lags out during a transfer or gets rollbacked and many more. Not going to much into detail here but a well tought out process would do wonders here. A vital process poorly implemented, i can understand the frustation of many players.

I do think Ark has to be one of the best games developed in this decade, the game itsself with all its possibilites is just awesome, if not for the char loss i ( and many more ) would still be playing it. Such a shame the developers/product manager or whoever is in charge seem to don't care for years. 

Well, I can't say that I didn't try.  I put in my ticket minutes after my character disappeared on transfer 10 days ago.  Got a response 4 days ago asking if I wanted a link to a calendar to set up an appointment.  I immediately responded "yes", and have not heard back since.  Parts of my base are now available for others to destroy - the main structure decays in 2 days.  I would hate to think that they are not able to complete customer support for a long-standing bug before 3,000 hours of game progress is lost.  2 days 'til doomsday for me.

Wildcard is making no effort to backup any char data, as they have said they will only level up a new char, imprints and restore tribes.

I feel the pain and know first hand what everyone here is going through, so many things that should be fixed gets overlooked because it "didnt happen to you", this is really bad and needs attention.

The way the game is setup you may never know about this bug until end game after you have spent thousands of hours, bread dinos, killed bosses, and traveled (transfered) to other maps/expansions, the worst possible time to lose everything.

I have just had the same issue. 
I spent 5 hours trying to get my character back trying to load in and download to the server I left from and was transferring you too nothing. Just says a character with that account is already logged in or time out etc. 

I eventually just started trying to Log onto every server I have a small base at. Time consuming but luck appeared I was able to down load my chatmracter onto an other server that I wasn’t even going too. 

I then tried to transfer back to my Val and centre servers and all times kept giving me that error message with the 007. 

but I can be on extinction just not leave apparently. An not finishing rasing all my gigas nothing so bloody frustrating. i do a ticket and it’s solved immediately and no actually response very very poor 

574D6834-DB1A-4C8E-BDDD-70C5EDD90D5A.jpeg

• MostSpy changed the title to You need to know about this: Customer Data Losses

Archived