WARNING Before You Transfer

Zuus
Message added by invincibleqc,

If you lost your character on an official cluster, please refer to: My character was erased!

If you wish to report an official server outage, or cluster issues please fill the following form: ARK Official Server Outage Report

Thanks!

On 9/10/2020 at 5:16 PM, Kizmiaz said:

create your own title

it happened: After playing from day one and having not just one toon I fianlly lost my most advanced character while attempting to transfer from one server to another.kwkwqnwrk6821.thumb.jpg.e53b1e41a19c6ec165dc4e546193f2cb.jpg

I know that I'm not the only one this happened to and the reports about are the many. what really ticks me off about it is that nothing has been done to address this game breaking bug.

Luckily i had a clone on a different server and I was transfering naked so all i lost was the toon which is bad enough as Tek Cave and Alpha Controller need to be redone. But seriously: the most appropriate 'fix' to this bug is a glitch that eventually grants you a clone !

oh well, there is the customer support which, with all the bugs this game still has, permanently is in overload with wait times beyond what is needed to populate a small island single-handedly. Leave alone that the glorious support can't check on crap and wants proof from your end as there doesn't seem to be any record of your character's progress other than the implant which, as a matter of fact, just went poof as well. And Legacy ain't supported anyway - not even for major failures like a lost Tribe or a lost charcater.

The state of the game is pathetic. Yes, for my $20 plus the $$ for the DLCs i had quite some fun but recently, especially after the release of Genesis and Crystal Isles the pleasure got reduced quite a bit. Anti-meshing that reports more false positives than is acceptable, killing dinos and toons, half-assed fixes that need a fix with the next patch that needs a fix with the next patch that needs ... you catch the drift.

No, i won't quit since I bonded with the critters i raised, tamed and utilize every day but this company drives me closer to the brink with every stupid patch, nerf or so-called adjustment they release, topped off with bugs that needed attention and fix for years.

Transfer bug should have been fixed days after it first happened, this kills the game when you lose your char so easy.

This is a game killing bug, if you know that your char has a chance to get deleted if you transfer to another server/map will you buy expansions for that game ?

Or all your imprints, wasted hours of raising "babies" to have it all gone in less than a minute.

Lets not forget about any bases you have if your playing solo, with the decay timers effecting everything but spike walls, your base and dinos will become rubble in a matter of days.

What is up with spike walls anyway , why is that the only thing that stays forever ?

Off topic but,

I think someone in Wildcard needs to sit down and think about their solutions.

Meshing is a good example too, Ive played many games from different companies and this one "Wildcard" always takes the worst path when someone does something they don't like.

Instead of using a "Teleport volume" for meshing, they use a "kill volume", that's a poor way to fix a problem and punish people who are not exploiting the game.

Now I have to worry about falling through the map, which has happened many times personally. I remember back when 50 was max and being pushed through the ground from a supply drop, lucky I managed to swim out of the "underworld".

Digital Extremes did it right, you fall off something in a map, their game doesn't kill you, it teleports you to a safe area. This is how you keep people playing your games, and remove a possible exploit/bug at the same time.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to WARNING Before You Transfer
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BarryCade said:

With all this TLC going around.....

Can we at least get some sort off player 'TLC' protection/ghosting for when transfers fail please.  More specifically when you join a server, download and it then rolls back to before you joined.

Soso many people are losing characters/basses/tames all because off that silly mechanic as it is now, I myself have a lost a few characters and really scared to travel through the obelisk, to the point off not using it at all.

This sounds like when I used to join a Rag server a while back, the server was crashing several times everyday.

If you managed to last at least 15 minutes or until the server saved you was safe, otherwise you would lose everything you transferred in with, but you still had your char.

I now I lost a bunch of gear, tames and crafted materials that I brought with me.

Different problem but yea its bad.

That is not the same as landing on a new server with the only option is to make a new char.

8 hours ago, johnm81 said:

FYI screen shots of implant or engrams won’t help you. They will restore a shell of your character lvl 105 with a few tek engrams. Also GM Rose is awful delete your ticked and resubmit it if you get her. 

How long did it take for you to get a response, had your base or any of your Dino’s wither away? 

...trying not to be to upset. Impatiently waiting for my ticket to be reviewed. 

My character disappeared from my travels yesterday and got 007 code what should I do was level 120

image.png.58698c9c833b19d13d05150ed61c40a2.png
26 minutes ago, Smausje said:

Same happend to me the answer i got they get allot of tickets at moment 

27 minutes ago, Smausje said:

Same happend to me the answer i got they get allot of tickets at the moment XD 

On 9/12/2020 at 4:35 PM, johnm81 said:

FYI screen shots of implant or engrams won’t help you. They will restore a shell of your character lvl 105 with a few tek engrams. Also GM Rose is awful delete your ticked and resubmit it if you get her. 

This is what the GM asked for , the implant, which does show bosses you killed, I guess thats there method of backup?

I never knew this was important, only have one picture of it. Lucky I was 101 at the time, even though I was 105 when my char poofed.

Transfers should be safe, they added other maps and expansions , this process should be easy to do, no tricks or hoops to jump through.

I mean other games do it , even have multizones in the same map, you just walk through a barrier, no uploading, no removing your gear or items.

On 9/13/2020 at 1:13 AM, Jimbobjones281 said:

How long did it take for you to get a response, had your base or any of your Dino’s wither away? 

...trying not to be to upset. Impatiently waiting for my ticket to be reviewed. 

Its already past time for myself (about 2 weeks so far), my tribe member logged in to help keep my base going, although two dinos are gone due to this so far.

Giga and quetzals will starve out in about 5-6 days, if your parasaur is on alert it will starve in a day or two, Im sure there is other dinos with no food that I may not have.

It appears that you maybe waiting for a while to get any help, have they contacted you with there list of demands yet ?

This is a bug and they need to address it, its been way too long of a problem.

This is a huge bug , I am not going to let it go.

If you transfer to other maps, like in end game for bosses, sooner or later you will lose your char from this.

When it happens, plan on waiting months to have a GM help you.

Thanks to other problems in the game like anti-mesh killing good players more than a handful of exploiter players.

Remember to take a picture of imprint data (mouse over it with tooltips on) after boss fights and even save an imprint in a vault. (the thing in your arm/inventory)

Also if you have to wait for help, remember that you have :

About 8 days until your dinos decay even it you feed them or have food like stone that doesn't need replacing, someone in the tribe has to actually login and be in range to reset timers.

Stone bases 12 days, metal bases 16 days, someone in the tribe will need to be in game and in range of all structures.

Wood and thatch are less time but typically if your transferring to other expansions/maps, you are in the end game using the better materials.

tooltip.jpg

Tldr version: check your screen shot...
My thoughts are, it is ridiculous for them to ask us for implant when they never told us we would need it. Why the frack is this thread necessary!? This shouldn't be a word of mouth thing, and people who don't know are just poop out of luck when their transfer goes bad? Well now that I know that the screen shot is necessary I've started recording them, and I have some additional information to share. I recently beat a new boss and while I was standing around on the pad after the fight I took a new screen shot, and encouraged my tribe mates to do so as well. Weeks later I happened to be looking at that picture, and to my surprise IT DIDN'T SAY I BEAT THAT BOSS!!! Holly crap! Went in game and got a new screen shot which does say I beat boss. Apparently it takes some time for the implant to update? Why tf do I need to know things like this, I'm so annoyed that I even need to know this, so annoyed that I have to educate my tribe mates, btw I don't think they took screen shots, they didn't understand the need, so if they get deleted... sol.

I had a similar problem happen to me. I agree we shouldnt have to feel scared to transfer. I was transferring back to my base on Crystal Isles 839 when some stupid poop happened. I transferred in no problems but then before my server saved, it crashed and kicked everyone out. After the server was back up I transferred in and got the respawn screen only I couldnt find my beds and I did not have what I was carrying before I transferred. So I spawned in a random location and found I was kicked out of my tribe! I was crying lol I was so pissed. This was really bad because I play solo lol. I tried killing myself a few times and reloading the game. No dice. So finally I tried transferring to another server and then I had an error and it kicked me back to the main menu. Then I logged back into 839 and I spawned in my base. Back in my tribe but still lost my original inventory when I first transferred. It was dumb because I had 3 baby ankys in my inv I had gotten from a trade. Stupid game lol I really HATE how much I love this game lol.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, johnm81 said:

This is false. They only restored up to level 105.

Per GM Rose.

Technically he is right. They will give XP above 105, but they won't unlock any ascension so unless you did ascend prior to your appointment you will max out to 105.

Lost a level 131 character in transfer, now waiting patiently for my ticket to be called.   My base disintegrates in 4 days: over 250 tames in there, years of time with these tames and breeding lines.  3,000 hours with this character and everything I have worked up to is about to disappear.  I need to walk away from this game for a while.

This is sad considering that wildcard offers the expansions and maps, but has no safe way to transfer, let alone the difficulty of doing it.

The only time I will use a drop is if I have nothing on me, but even using an obelisk and being careful.

Then going to a new server and finding out your char is no longer in the system.

This process will take months to repair, what they are willing to repair.

This thread was made in protest to wildcard policy but also to help everyone, because it will happen sooner or later if you transfer.

I will not let this BUG thread go away until they fix it.

You guys are lucky to get responses. My GM (GM Chival) will not even respond. Responded within hours on 1st day of ticket and I see no evidence this GM even looked at my ticket since.  For someone who paid $87 for this game you think they would support you better. Now my solo tribe is less than a day left before it is gone.  4 cryofridges of tames :(

I wished i read this sooner, ive gone transfer from extinction back to the island after having gone over to craft a few things tek related, ive had this issue, an error popped up and the game froze, so i relogged, everything i had on me had vanished. A 9k weight argy, ice wyvern, a 1600 melee giga, a level 4 chibi,all my tek structures i had just crafter, all asc flak armor, element dust gachawhich i only got last night,a managarmr and a bunch more of things.

On top of this,ive already got an ongoing ticket from Saturday from when i went to alpha spider for an element run on the island and all of my boss rexes n yuty have also vanished during the transfer into the fight. 

I literally dont know if i can play this game anymore and ive been around since beta on pc, then from early access on ps4 to now, im absolutely fuming. My heads battered and i feel like they arent going to fix all that ive lost. All of these issues since the most recent update is not only making me lose everything but its also happening to other players.

So everyone please be mindful about these silly things that Wildcard dont seem to resolve and fix

• MostSpy changed the title to You need to know about this: Customer Data Losses

Archived