WARNING Before You Transfer

Zuus
Message added by invincibleqc,

If you lost your character on an official cluster, please refer to: My character was erased!

If you wish to report an official server outage, or cluster issues please fill the following form: ARK Official Server Outage Report

Thanks!

WARNING if you transfer

Recently I got hit with the server transfer bug, there is youtube videos of other people having this happen.

I believe its caused by server lag , long story short , if you value your char , take pictures and maybe even save your player implant in a vault after you do stuff like killing bosses.
This player implant will be what they ask for as proof of your char level and boss kills (for tek).

Ive always thought this item was worthless and junk to carry around, well turns out in the backward world of ark , its the only thing they use as proof to restore you char and levels, if you manage to get a response from a GM.

Transfers are a flawed buggy process to go to other servers and addons/maps so make sure to save that implant.

edit :

The way this bug happens:

Go to a transmitter, pick the server , when you land at new serve, you pick the bed spawn point , next screen you see the new player creation screen , no char data .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive been waiting nine days so far for gm chival to help me, they sent a message and then did nothing, then when I sent another ticket they actually merged it in less than an hour, and still no help.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/1/2020 at 2:28 PM, Zuus said:

WARNING if you transfer

Recently I got hit with the server transfer bug, there is youtube videos of other people having this happen.

I believe its caused by server lag , long story short , if you value your char , take pictures and maybe even save your player implant in a vault after you do stuff like killing bosses.
This player implant will be what they ask for as proof of your char level and boss kills (for tek).

Ive always thought this item was worthless and junk to carry around, well turns out in the backward world of ark , its the only thing they use as proof to restore you char and levels, if you manage to get a response from a GM.

Transfers are a flawed buggy process to go to other servers and addons/maps so make sure to save that implant.

edit :

Go to a transmitter, pick the server , when you land at new serve, you pick the bed spawn point , next screen you see the new player creation screen , no char data .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive been waiting nine days so far for gm chival to help me, they sent a message and then did nothing, then when I sent another ticket they actually merged it in less than an hour, and still no help.

They take so long to get to you, weeks even months that it's completely worthless. Most the time they do nothing and it is a huge waste of time & effort. Sad state the game is in rn, bugs that have plagued the game for years.

Ark is such a fixable mess, but what other game of this size do you lose your entire character with everything you own essentially as the tribe is now gone, and people just keep on playing, because you just expect it. The biggest issue is the rampant hacking on official, duping, haxbot, esp, aimbot ect. Completely unchecked.

On September 1, 2020 at 1:28 PM, Zuus said:

WARNING if you transfer

edit :

What is the YouTube video known as?

I didn't fidget like the other person did, but in the end the results was the same, landing at player creation screen, no download data on any server.

Here is the search term on youtube,

ARK: Survival Evolved character glitch

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny that wildcard had time to switch a tuso from female to male, (never asked for that)

and take fertilized eggs from a single fridge,  (pretty sure it wasn't meshing after the tuso thing).

fk wildcard and there abortion game.

The support will always tell you no first time , I hammer them with responses and usually get the support I need , the GM looking after you is one of the better ones and usually comes up with the goods , don’t let them tell you no just clog up the system with messages as to why they should help you and any prof you have .  

This is encountered when you transfer too soon, in the HUD for the ob/drop you will see the count for uploaded items, tames and items in tribute section (0/50 - 0/20 etc)

If you transfer when these counts say 0/-- you will most likely lose your character.

Always best to wait until they show the max number after the / such as 0/50 or 0/20.

This is a huge game flaw, I don't feel safe transferring a char across servers.

Not only can you lose your tribe but also all imprints and since they have decay timers you will lose everything in a few days.

Wildcard expects you to pay money for there expansions and you end up having a chance of losing everything.

I want monetary compensation for my time, this is not how a company selling a product should operate, anyone playing this game could have this happen.

12 hours ago, Zuus said:

This is a huge game flaw, I don't feel safe transferring a char across servers.

Not only can you lose your tribe but also all imprints and since they have decay timers you will lose everything in a few days.

Wildcard expects you to pay money for there expansions and you end up having a chance of losing everything.

I want monetary compensation for my time, this is not how a company selling a product should operate, anyone playing this game could have this happen.

You put in a support ticket and then get a date for the GM to level your new char to your old characters level, they will also transfer all your old characters imprinted dinos over to your new character.

You shouldnt have to jump through hoops to transfer and you should never lose you char doing it , they put in expansions and maps but failed to create a safe way to get to other servers. This is game breaking flaw/bug and no one should put up with wildcard policy.

I  wasnt even worried about levels or even the boss tek, I have friends and dinos for that , 2 minutes on a giga and Im level 73 now, the problem is not being in my tribe and imprints from my tribe, but I could live without imprints if I had to.

I also had this happen to me. I am currently waiting for a response. I also am only concerned about imprints. I have a 185 Wyvern podded right now with 99% to fully grown. I cant use him because the last imprint. The tribe have been breeding a ton lately, we have a really good line. But as of right now I have not been able to pick up any of the babies due to the imprint issues. I don't want to imprint anything without having my primary imprint code back. It's only been about 6 days for me of waiting, so I am patiently waiting. I really was hoping it would have happened before the long weekend, but it already passed. Love the game, I was lvl 101 the highest from our tribe. Now i am the lowest of course. 

it's spastic...

I don't know how this is still a thing when y ou have to go to other servers to actually kill bosses.. 

Aberration for +15 lvls, Gen for +15 lvls, Island for +15 levels,.. 

and then lose characters...

HOW IS THIS STILL POSSIBLE?

And if you report you are in a waiting queue for like 3 months....

it's just amazing

PERDIDA DE PERSONAJES TRAS ACTUALIZACIÓN

Como el titulo lo indica, el día de ayer tras una actualización, los miembros de mi tribu han perdido sus personajes, esto ocurrió transcurrido unos 15 a 30min. después de haber transferido sus personajes del servidor NA- PVE -Official -TheIsland48 al NA- PVE -Official -ScorchedEarth732, pasado este tiempo el servidor de ScorchedEarth se reinicio y al volver a estar activo los miembros de mi tribu no podían ingresar con sus personajes habituales, en cambio les solicitaba crear nuevo personaje sin tener opción de recuperar sus personajes correspondientes. Ellos eran nivel 100 y otro nivel 96, todos sabemos el tiempo de juego que esto significa. 

He levantado el caso y espero obtener una respuesta positiva, ya que, mas que eso no sabríamos que hacer. 

Si es posible una ayuda al respecto ?.

Transfer Warning - Game Breaking Bug

I have a post on the general forum about this bug with other people claiming the same problem, even a youtube video.

Uploading char , landing at new server , pick a bed to spawn at , next screen is char creation screen, no upload data on any server.

This bug has been around for a while, you (Wildcard) want people to buy expansions and transfer to other maps but with this bug you have a chance to lose everything, char / imprints and your base, basically it could be game over. 

One possible solution:

Making transfer a two step process with a safe upload zone could fix this ?
(server > safe zone with stored char upload data (maybe like the "survival of the fittest staging area")  > new server/map)

Even if it takes a few minutes longer to transfer, if it stops losing your char it would be worth it.

create your own title

it happened: After playing from day one and having not just one toon I fianlly lost my most advanced character while attempting to transfer from one server to another.kwkwqnwrk6821.thumb.jpg.e53b1e41a19c6ec165dc4e546193f2cb.jpg

I know that I'm not the only one this happened to and the reports about are the many. what really ticks me off about it is that nothing has been done to address this game breaking bug.

Luckily i had a clone on a different server and I was transfering naked so all i lost was the toon which is bad enough as Tek Cave and Alpha Controller need to be redone. But seriously: the most appropriate 'fix' to this bug is a glitch that eventually grants you a clone !

oh well, there is the customer support which, with all the bugs this game still has, permanently is in overload with wait times beyond what is needed to populate a small island single-handedly. Leave alone that the glorious support can't check on crap and wants proof from your end as there doesn't seem to be any record of your character's progress other than the implant which, as a matter of fact, just went poof as well. And Legacy ain't supported anyway - not even for major failures like a lost Tribe or a lost charcater.

The state of the game is pathetic. Yes, for my $20 plus the $$ for the DLCs i had quite some fun but recently, especially after the release of Genesis and Crystal Isles the pleasure got reduced quite a bit. Anti-meshing that reports more false positives than is acceptable, killing dinos and toons, half-assed fixes that need a fix with the next patch that needs a fix with the next patch that needs ... you catch the drift.

No, i won't quit since I bonded with the critters i raised, tamed and utilize every day but this company drives me closer to the brink with every stupid patch, nerf or so-called adjustment they release, topped off with bugs that needed attention and fix for years.

With all this TLC going around.....

Can we at least get some sort off player 'TLC' protection/ghosting for when transfers fail please.  More specifically when you join a server, download and it then rolls back to before you joined.

Soso many people are losing characters/basses/tames all because off that silly mechanic as it is now, I myself have a lost a few characters and really scared to travel through the obelisk, to the point off not using it at all.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to WARNING Before You Transfer
  • MostSpy changed the title to You need to know about this: Customer Data Losses

Archived