Taming overhaul?

TheGamingPhoenix

Suggestion

Taming overhaul?

Okay. The normal taming methods are. . . .welll. . . . Kinda boring. Like passive tames, just sitting there waiting for the damn thing to get hungry so that you can feed it again. Same thing with knock out tames. 

I think you should be able to find random nest and fertilised eggs in the wild from other dinos other than rockdrakes, magmasaurs and wyverns. 

Or you could like get the dino (that you want to tame) to trust you by maybe either saving it from other dinos that are attacking it or maybe attaching food to an arrow and shooting it near the dino and slowly after a few feeds it will trust you enough to hand feed it. For big dinos you will have to show that you are worthy of taming it. Like battling it and showing that you are truly able to tame such a beast.

There is a mod for pc called "Immersive taming" and it has real potential to make it into the actual game and i think it should. The traditional taming methods just arnt fun enough

Let me know what you think about this

4 replies to this server topic

i Kinda like it but i think some this could be better!

Passive taming has a timer to show when its ready to eat! (like in Atlas)

Able to feed herbivores Honey as a "equal" taming as Mutton! (works the same as mutton but for herbivores)

Able to uses Extraordenary kibble to Tame almost everything! (Hyena, Kangroo, and every other dino that does not have a kibble) 

14 minutes ago, Udam said:

Able to uses Extraordenary kibble to Tame almost everything! (Hyena, Kangroo, and every other dino that does not have a kibble)

A lot of creatures have always been outside of the Kibble Tree, it should stay that way. Why bother letting them eat unique items when we're just gonna feed them kibble. 

On 9/1/2020 at 12:47 PM, TheGamingPhoenix said:

I think you should be able to find random nest and fertilised eggs in the wild from other dinos other than rockdrakes, magmasaurs and wyverns.

While I understand your desire, you should pretty much assume that they're only going to do this with animals that are a) fictional and b) dangerous to get the eggs. ARK is never going to let you just randomly find a rex egg and be able to hatch it.

Or you could like get the dino (that you want to tame) to trust you by maybe either saving it from other dinos that are attacking it or maybe attaching food to an arrow and shooting it near the dino and slowly after a few feeds it will trust you enough to hand feed it.

You just complained that taming is boring and tedious and then you described a method to make it more tedious, and more annoying too when the dino's your trying to save constantly get killed before they let you feed them. Wandering around the map shooting food arrows at dinos until they let you feed them sounds incredibly annoying, it's certainly not any better than the existing passive tames.

For big dinos you will have to show that you are worthy of taming it. Like battling it and showing that you are truly able to tame such a beast.

That's... now how animals work. I mean, no one plays ARK for pure realism, including me (because, you now, humans + dinosaurs) but the idea of battling a wild animal until it becomes your friend like drunken redneck in a bar fight just makes no sense. It feels even more artificial and contrived than knocking animals out to tame them.

There is a mod for pc called "Immersive taming" and it has real potential to make it into the actual game and i think it should. The traditional taming methods just arnt fun enough

That's definitely a cool mod, for people who want to play "Taming, the Mini-game". I'm not knocking that mod at all and there are a fair number of people who like it, but there's just about zero potential that it will ever be added to vanilla ARK.

4 hours ago, Udam said:

i Kinda like it but i think some this could be better!

Passive taming has a timer to show when its ready to eat! (like in Atlas)

Able to feed herbivores Honey as a "equal" taming as Mutton! (works the same as mutton but for herbivores)

I like the idea of having the timer. It would be easier to track the timing between feedings. 

I like the idea of the Honey. Working with what is in the game, it works. If Primitive Plus were added, I would prefer to use the crops you have to grow as the primary feeding items. 

Not a fan of using the Extraordinary Kibble as a tame all. It defeats the purpose and efforts put behind the others. Plus, having to use the other kibbles means taming more creatures. Not as many as we used to on the old system, but enough with the new system to make it worth it. It's a process in the game that could be completely cut out of the game with a tame all. 

I like the idea of using nests as well.

Having some higher level tranq options would also be nice. 

So would having a few pre-made taming pens that you could place over a creature you have bola'd to tame it. They would have to be demolished or picked up to release the creature once tamed. They could be crafted using different materials for different strengths. 

Archived