Stacking metal water tanks

Kytampe

Is this possible?
I mean I stacked the tanks,  put the pipes up first and then the tanks neat and tidy on top of eachother. But only the top one fills up as far as I can see (I fill them when it's raining). The tanks snap to the pipes right? Or are they snapping to eachother?  Do I have to use a lot of extra pipes to be sure to connect everyone? I hope not, that would really look awful.

Anyone who knows and can give a helping hand?

5 hours ago, Kytampe said:

Is this possible?
I mean I stacked the tanks,  put the pipes up first and then the tanks neat and tidy on top of eachother. But only the top one fills up as far as I can see (I fill them when it's raining). The tanks snap to the pipes right? Or are they snapping to eachother?  Do I have to use a lot of extra pipes to be sure to connect everyone? I hope not, that would really look awful.

Anyone who knows and can give a helping hand?

It's been quite a while since I've played with water tanks like you're doing, so I'm relying on memory. I think this answer is right but take it with a grain of salt, just in case.

1) When you have water tanks below other water tanks only the top tank will fill from rain, the tanks that are underneath are blocked from receiving the rain. If I remember correctly you can get around this by staggering the second layer of water tanks so that they are not directly below the upper layer. Since tanks can snap either in the center of a pipe or at the end of the pipe you should be able to get two layers of tanks that collect water during rain (I think).

2) As a result, you need to have lower layers of tanks connected to the upper layer using pipes, so that the rain which is collecting in the top tank will use the pipes to "flow" into the other tanks below.

3) I don't remember if tanks will snap to each other (although you can use various tricks like raising & lowering foundations & ceilings to get layers of tanks closer to each other), but even if they do it won't help. If you want to have a true water network you must have your pipe network connected to each and every tank, tanks will only share water if they are connected by pipes.

Hope this helps.

been trying to conjure up a solution to water myself. Been playing PvE online for a little while now, but I still don't want to call attention to myself and a big long pipe from the water to my base just isn't ideal.....Im starting to think maybe a crap ton of reservoirs will do the trick, but will have to figure out if I wanna go that route or if I wanna go with the pipes......only good news is Im in a location that's sort of overlooked right now.

Archived