bug? Are the official servers now x1 rates?

BranchesOfSin

Are the official servers now x1 rates?

I'm collecting 1 stone as of right now from a single rock on the official servers. I wanted to confirm it with other things too such as taming and raising and it's taking insane numbers to do literally anything I tamed a level 125 megatherium with raw mutton to see if the x2 was in effect maybe on other things but it took over an hour to tame? I wasnt sure if maybe dododex was inaccurate so I tried maybe taming something simpler such as a bloodstalker. I took 700 bloodpacks to a level 130 male bloodstalker (says on official rates it should take less than 600 packs) it ate almost all my blood packs and barely broke 50% complete so I'm almost fairly certain the rates are all x1 right now. 
Is it a bug or are these now the official rates? I thought the setting were suppose to be naturally x2 for everything as the default settings can someone explain to me why the settings are the way they are right now? there's no reason a max level bloodstalker should take 1280 bloodpacks to tame. 

unknown.png

This is 50% exactly on a level 45 bloodstalker. meaning it'll take exactly 322 to tame it. You're looking at around 966 blood packs to tame a level 135 Bloodstalker. Meaning it'll be over 1k blood packs to tame a max level blood stalker. that's stupidly high that's well over the x2 rates that the servers are saying they're at. 

8 hours ago, BranchesOfSin said:

Are the official servers now x1 rates?

I'm collecting 1 stone as of right now from a single rock on the official servers.

No matter what the base rate is, picking up a stone will always get you 1 stone (on Official servers). You only get more than 1 stone during Evolution events.

The change in the base rate from x2 up to x4 applies to all other methods of harvesting (axe, pick, animals, punching trees), but stone will always be 1 stone at a time except during Evo events.

On 9/1/2020 at 1:06 AM, danleveille said:

Hi, I'm the developer of Dododex. The Bloodstalker should be correct. I actually had a two people validate the numbers within the past week -- after the 2x change.

Are any of the other taming numbers off for you?

And which platform are you on?

Im playing on PC were on the GenOne server for crossark10 on the official servers. I posted a screenshot of the numbers I got for a low level it's definitely only taming at 50% I appreciate the fact that it's not just me I thought something seemed pretty off. 

On 9/2/2020 at 5:57 PM, BranchesOfSin said:

Im playing on PC were on the GenOne server for crossark10 on the official servers. I posted a screenshot of the numbers I got for a low level it's definitely only taming at 50% I appreciate the fact that it's not just me I thought something seemed pretty off. 

Fixed! :) Bloodstalker was not affected by the 2x change.

Regarding supposed harvesting boost

Explain to me how, if we are once again picking up only 1 stone, and none of the material quantities changed for blueprints and engrams, this is a 2x boost to harvesting?  Since we are harvesting the stone with our hands, shouldn't we still be picking up 2 stones? I'm also skeptical that taming has been changed to 2x.

• Volunteer Moderator
43 minutes ago, catnip said:

Regarding supposed harvesting boost

Explain to me how, if we are once again picking up only 1 stone, and none of the material quantities changed for blueprints and engrams, this is a 2x boost to harvesting?  Since we are harvesting the stone with our hands, shouldn't we still be picking up 2 stones? I'm also skeptical that taming has been changed to 2x.

By default, you will always pick up 1 stone unless HarvestAmountMultiplier is set higher than 1.5x. Only then you will pickup 2 stones because 1 * 1.5 = 1.5 rounded to 2 stones. Since the base harvesting quantities have been doubled and the harvesting multiplier set back to 1.0, you only pickup 1 stone but will harvest more resources when farming with tools or dinos. The crafting requirements of blueprints and engrams won't change. Also, rates on officials have been doubled since March through the Evo Event system so you won't see any difference if you base yourself to pre-patch rather than pre-March.

16 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

By default, you will always pick up 1 stone unless HarvestAmountMultiplier is set higher than 1.5x. Only then you will pickup 2 stones because 1 * 1.5 = 1.5 rounded to 2 stones. Since the base harvesting quantities have been doubled and the harvesting multiplier set back to 1.0, you only pickup 1 stone but will harvest more resources when farming with tools or dinos. The crafting requirements of blueprints and engrams won't change. Also, rates on officials have been doubled since March through the Evo Event system so you won't see any difference if you base yourself to pre-patch rather than pre-March.

I knew they had been doubled, just though the harvesting bonus also applied to things you picked up. Doesn't seem quite fair to me if you don't get the harvesting bonus when you use your hands. It's like you're being penalized for picking stuff up off the ground.

11 minutes ago, catnip said:

I knew they had been doubled, just though the harvesting bonus also applied to things you picked up. Doesn't seem quite fair to me if you don't get the harvesting bonus when you use your hands. It's like you're being penalized for picking stuff up off the ground.

Or... You're picking up one stone and therefore you get one stone. They're just meant to help new players make basic tools to start playing the game. Not to farm repeatedly. 

6 hours ago, catnip said:

Consider this, if this wasn't how things worked then picking up stones would get 4 stones every time you pick one up and would get 8 stones every time you pick one up during a x2 Evo event, and honestly that doesn't really make sense.

The thing is, no one needs to pick up more stone now than they did when the game was brand new. The only reason people need to pick up stones is when they're just starting and they need stone for pick, axe and a couple of basics. No one's picking up stone off the ground to build a stone building (at least not anyone with any sense). For new players and new characters the amount of ground-stone they need to get through the first few engrams is already fast and easy to acquire. All a character needs is a stone pick and/or a stone axe and then suddenly the x4 benefits them.

8 hours ago, PhantomLegacy59 said:

I get confused on this too, is there an easy way to test if its x2?

Actually, kind of no. The random spread of resources received from various tools and Dinos is so large that it's hard for a human to get a sense of the numbers, and this is only exacerbated by the fact that different Resources harvest at different rate with different tools. However if you've established a solid Baseline, for example your favorite and Kyla Soros Gathering between 90 and 120 metal from a non Rich node, then testing is easy.

On 9/7/2020 at 9:14 PM, Pipinghot said:

No one's picking up stone off the ground to build a stone building

I was picking up stone off the ground to build a stone building.
So "no one'" isnt true.
I was literally doing it the day before the increase to default harvesting levels, and I felt cheated when I was getting one stone when I feel like it should be 2x
I also hand-picked stone yesterday on official PC PvE, and I'm in Flak.

It feels zen.
Bloodstalkers not getting the 2x seems like a bug that needs to be fixed in the game.

1 hour ago, GreenRoc said:

I was picking up stone off the ground to build a stone building.
So "no one'" isnt true.
I was literally doing it the day before the increase to default harvesting levels, and I felt cheated when I was getting one stone when I feel like it should be 2x

if you're going to quote me to argue with me then you should include the whole quote.

"No one's picking up stone off the ground to build a stone building (at least not anyone with any sense)." I stand by that statement.

It's silly that you "felt cheated" picking up rocks off the ground when there are many more efficient ways to harvest stone.

Archived