Windmills

doehrli

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2020 at 4:14 PM, ArkRage said:

They shut off from 8pm to 7am or something.

I know that this is what the wiki says, but it's not true. Mine seem to be random. Sometimes they're working during the day, other times at night, with no rhyme or reason.

And on Ragnarok, the wind picked up at night and that's when they became active.

I used the windmills in the very first place because i got one from an osd and my base is in a region with 100% wind. Later on when oil and the generator werent a problem, i switched to the generator. I observed this random  behavior as well, sometimes they work in the night, sometimes not. I dont play on other maps, so i cant compare.
Now i use the windmills only for running small outposts to have a cryofridge and a refidgerator available for convinience when i am there. Or decoration :)

Everyone is right! Just off my experience most of the time the windmills shut off in the evening and back on in the morning before sunrise. I have noticed it turned off and on at random times as well. At first I thought how dumb that they turn off at night when you need lighting the most then I figured it was a seasonal thing which is why it is sometime on and sometimes off. At this point I call it for what it is....a bug pure and simple. I have been running a mill in the 100% wind area for a couple months and it is a constant problem. Don't expect it to be fixed any time soon  :) 

• 1 month later...

Archived