Character Lost - Mega Thread

Lost character what to do once the ticket is filled and answered by a GM?

Do I need ton create the new character or Game Master do ?

I understand if you create a new  character in a server you already play you lost everything., 

it will be nice if some one can explain in steps .

example . 1- fill a ticket  and you will need such and such information and pictures 

*2- answer GM questions in the same ticket (and/or/only )by  email .

*3- once ticked is answered create a new char in one of  the server you play 

*4-you will get back your  tribe owner ship , dinos and buildings .whit a GM following you  to  the server you play .

=> ( *) means  I don’t have an idea but can be one of the steps,, I think knowing the steps to follow we can avoid uncertainty and make things faster and smoother.

thank you in advance for the answers .

Edited by RSGMX

If you lose everything, I would suggest making a second account, use that to create a tribe and have an ally who's in a larger tribe join you for a second to invite your main account into the tribe at which point they can leave it.  THen if you ever lose your main accounts character - your ownership isn't lost and u can get on your other account and feed your dinos.  Steam allows for account sharing between family, so you can create a second steam account and link it to yours as a family account and then you don't have to have a second copy of the game to do this.

Should that not be an issue, one thing you can do - is level up to 100 real fast do bosses like rockwell and the tek cave.  You'll most likely have enough time to do all that by the time they get around to restoring your stuff.  When they level you up, it's max xp - so if you have the extra bonus levels unlocked, you will level up all the way.

Edited by GrumpyBear

I play on ps4  oficial server , I’m  alone in my tribe , thanks to a big friendly tribe I have the bosses  , it’s no easy  and fast to have  everything what you need , To beat a boss alone , also if  you don’t want to lose dinos during a boss disconnection (in a ps4  get a connection lost just in the transfer to a boss fight is a normal thing  , sadly) , it’s recommended no less than  3 players which is kind of hard  as a lone player , I will wait for a GM help , if  in the end I loose all what  I did and build in this 3 years of playing . I think gonna be time to think to quit , how long gonna be to  happen again? And how many people lost everything for a game malfunction? Or  for not having enough GM’s to deal whit all the game problems? .

3 days ass passed in a five days old ticket since the answer by a GM let’s see how long  take to make and appointments and then take actions, I still hope everything goes ok , I know some people  who got a way faster answer than me , and by the second day they  have everything done by a GM . Unfortunately that doesn’t go whit all what I read  in the forums .

In  a second account ,this days I created a character in each server I play  trying to avoid further problems like this , but fist need to get back my  tribe.

Character lost no where to submit ticket.

Transfered servers beds showed up i selected my bed to spawn in and crashed now my character is lost. It is not on previous server it is not on any other server i have ever visited. In no tribe logs does it say the character was removed from tribe or any signs at all that the character was deleted on any server. Just poof gone. Now i have been trying to figure out how to submit a ticket but can not find the option to do so anywhere. Please if anyone knows how to get my character back on xbox i would appreciate it. Over 2000 dinos imprinted to me across my servers i play and would prefer to not start that over. 

On 5/25/2020 at 11:11 AM, Superflyfester said:

Character lost no where to submit ticket.

Transfered servers beds showed up i selected my bed to spawn in and crashed now my character is lost. It is not on previous server it is not on any other server i have ever visited. In no tribe logs does it say the character was removed from tribe or any signs at all that the character was deleted on any server. Just poof gone. Now i have been trying to figure out how to submit a ticket but can not find the option to do so anywhere. Please if anyone knows how to get my character back on xbox i would appreciate it. Over 2000 dinos imprinted to me across my servers i play and would prefer to not start that over. 

I went through this hell a month ago ... Support responded in a week and two months later appointed the experience of my new character to level 105 and several dinosaurs of level 150. That's all ... If they reacted faster, they could have saved at least the buildings.
Now I have a problem with moving between servers. The character is cloned without things and appears in the cloud. In order to do something, you need to exit the game by closing the game process in the task manager, and while you are restarting, your things will be drowned and taken away. I love WILD CARD.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 5/8/2020 at 11:27 PM, RKT said:

Account/character loss

My characters in the server i played on TheIsland was gone after the latest patch.... anyone else faced the same problem? or encountered the same problem before?

You will have to submit a support ticket to get in-game assistance from a Game Master: https://support.survivetheark.com/

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, BorderM17 said:

Character lost

Lost my character trying to transfer to another server while the server getting ddos. I was the tribe leader in my tribe need my character back.

Please refer to the following article: https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/articles/217178337-My-character-was-erased-

i lose my PJ for bugs in ark when wild card update the servers may 16 ... and in present still waiting for GM i opened ticket and appointment me LITERAL message "Thank you for scheduling an appointment for Mon Jul 13, 12:30 – 1:00 pm" 2 months later wild card solve me the bug IDC this game really not help players whos play ARK .... is the first game i feels really bad with GM and admins poples .... the game is far above technical assistance

I would say to check the uploaded survivors, sometimes it gets uploading and you think it disappeared. If it disappeared, then submit a ticket and itll take maybe 2-3 weeks to get some action from a Gm. Personally, I would start a new character if you dont have a solo tribe that got thrown away by the deletion. In the future make a couple characters and have someone help you invite them to the tribe to prevent it in the future.

Lost character and then ignored

So here's what happened. I lost my character after a transfer (a day after losing 3 top tames and gear to transfer.) And I opened a ticket. Got a response the next day and then the next. Now after my response referring to my engrams I've been ignored entirely. A lot of effort goes into playing this game, just as I'm sure the dev's put a lot of effort into making it. Bugs are a normal occurrence in gaming but when you make something that requires that much play time on a players behalf and on your servers there should be some real care to assist with replacing not a fraction but all of the players effort if it's due not to that players actions, but a bug in your game that you are aware of. We still support you regardless of the daily bugs and glitches including the glitched glitches in Genesis! Fix what's broken before pushing new content. I play on PVP because PVE bores me and anyone knows just how difficult (and toxic) PVP servers are on this game. I just wanted to rant and let people know that you can get ignored for not just accepting whatever. Here's my current interaction with GM Chival.....

#1594746 Lost Character

Today at 13:31  ChronoX2G
Open
I transferred from server 417 to 1077 to farm eggs and received an error message stating that the download of my character failed. Now I cannot find my character on either server nor in the download character list.

Comments

ChronoX2G Wednesday at 19:50

I transferred from server 417 to 1077 to farm eggs and received an error message stating that the download of my character failed. Now I cannot find my character on either server nor in the download character list.

ChronoX2G Wednesday at 19:51

Also I just filed a request after transferring and losing all of my gear and cryopods upon spawning in.

GM Chival Thursday at 15:05
    Greetings ChronoX2G,

Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support. I am Wildcard GM Chival and I will do my best to assist you today. Let me start by saying we are sorry to hear that you had the misfortune of losing a survivor. Sadly, we are unable to get back your original character. However, there are a few things we can do to compensate for your loss. First, we can give experience equivalent to your previous character’s level to a new character you create.

Things We CAN Do

Things We CAN’T Do

· Restore Tribe ownership

· Transfer tame imprint

· Unlock the following Tek Engrams with visual evidence:

o Tek Replicator

o Tek Generator

o Tek Teleporter

o Tek Transmitter

o Cloning Chamber

· Restore items

· Ascend your character

· Bring your original survivor back to life ☹

If these stipulations for compensation are understood, please reply with:

· Previous Survivor Name

· Previous Survivor Imprint Number

· Previous Survivor Lvl

· New Survivor Name

· Any additional services from the list above that you require (Transferring imprint, etc.)

· Any/all visual evidence to verify previous survivor’s level and accomplishments

- Ideally, please provide a screenshot of your character inventory with character name and level visible while imprint is highlighted to display imprint/sample # and accomplishments completed.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to assisting you further. Have a Rex-cellent day!

Sincerely,

GM Chival
    Studio Wildcard
    http://www.studiowildcard.com

Security Tip: Please do not give your password to anyone for any reason. Studio Wildcard will NEVER ask you for your password.

Note: If your ticket status is pending (you have not responded to us) for over 5 days, it will automatically be set to solved. If this is not the case, feel free to respond to the ticket and it will open it back up. This process is automated and not done by the GM.

ChronoX2G Thursday at 16:22

The lost survivors name was Niyanne and her level was 98 nearing 99. The current survivors name is Niya. I dont know the imprint number. I'll attach evidentiary screenshots showing telegrams and character inventory and tribe log death.

GM Chival Friday at 19:52
    Hi ChronoX2G,

Thank you for your reply. Here is the best I can offer:

I can offer you exp to 98

No tek engrams

I will transfer imprints from your old character to new. This is done via a proximity transfer. Pretty much anything in a fairly wide radius with your old imprint number will be set to your new one, once I fire the command. This will only affect the dinos with your number so those owned by tribemates will be unaffected. However, extremely far away dinosaurs or dinos in cryo will not receive the transfer. If possible, we recommend condensing your dinosaur group and removing dinosaurs from cryo right before the appointment time.

No Tribe Ownership Services requested

If this is satisfactory, please let me know and if approved, I can send you a link to set an appointment with me. Thank you for your patience and cooperation thus far.

Sincerely,

GM Chival
    Studio Wildcard
    http://www.studiowildcard.com

Security Tip: Please do not give your password to anyone for any reason. Studio Wildcard will NEVER ask you for your password.

Note: If your ticket status is pending (you have not responded to us) for over 5 days, it will automatically be set to solved. If this is not the case, feel free to respond to the ticket and it will open it back up. This process is automated and not done by the GM.

ChronoX2G Friday at 22:50

Not acceptable in the slightest. You said you could replace five of my tek engrams and I fully expect you to fulfill what you said you would do. I showed proof of my engrams. You can even check my psn trophies. Level 98 is fine. I dont care about the tames at this point. When can I expect completion of my "partial" restoration.

ChronoX2G Yesterday at 16:15

Is someone going to respond?

Not acceptable in the slightest. You said you could replace five of my tek engrams and I fully expect you to fulfill what you said you would do. I showed proof of my engrams. You can even check my psn trophies. Level 98 is fine. I dont care about the tames at this point. When can I expect completion of my "partial" restoration.

ChronoX2G Today at 13:30

Still waiting on a response. I have leveled the new character to 85 in the meantime. Can I please get some kind reply?

Edited by ChronoX2G

1 hour ago, Mikejw69 said:

Upload and Download error 200??? Lost character

Gotta love it when they take and destroy your 4 year old character. and now you cant access any of your bases and you have imprints and it takes them 5 to 10 days to get back to you, yet they never fix the problem anyway. 

Days? Are you sure you don't mean weeks? And then that many months before they can restore your character to level 105 without any ascension/useful tekgrams

• Haha 1

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Character Lost - Mega Thread
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic