Character Lost - Mega Thread

I lost my 117 character last week and got told they can’t give me back my original character can’t ascend my character and that I have lost all games and can’t be returned . So I now have to wait a month for a GM to meet me on my island server to give me back exp to get me to lvl 105 ...

This game fault for characters missing and instead of helping you they penalise you and don’t give you your stuff back ..

Do a ticket 

Character Lost!

So i wass jumping from official Ps4 servers when it timed me out on joining the new server. thats happened before so i normally just start again and join the server i wqs moving to and normally i spawn in as my level 79 guy. although this time i cant even get into the server. it constantly tomes out and wont load anything ?

any help? have i lost my guy for good? 

ive submitted a ticket but i really dont wanna lose all my levels to a server jump.

Hi this has happened to me twice now, they can give you back leadership and your imprints ( just make sure to tell them you need it done) and make sure they are not in pods. Time wise it can be two weeks or a month depending on how busy the GMs are. So I really hope you have tribe mates that can re invite you to the tribe while you wait. If you are solo your out of luck, best thing you can do in that case is to hope you most of your tames are podded up and wait till you can destroy the foundation the fridge is on to collect what you can and rebuild.

Edited by Vilue

• 2 weeks later...

a topic to alert players of dangerous bugs and glitches

If I didn't see this topic and started the ascension, then things may have ended up very badly for me:

I don't think every player know characters can be lost. If they do, then they probably didn't expect character can be lost even if you are not transferring.

Now that I knows I should not start genesis ascension, is there anything else that I should watch out for?

updated 05/08/ 2020, currently known:

genesis: 

potential mission loss (reason unknown)

giga destruction when being teleported with hlna

when riding the astrocetus, do not double teleport, or else you go to 50,50 on map and then it kills you and the whale.

Edited by nameless

12 minutes ago, nameless said:

a topic to alert players of dangerous bugs and glitches

If I didn't see this topic and started the ascension, then things may have ended up very badly for me:

I don't think every player know characters can be lost. If they do, then they probably didn't expect character can be lost even if you are not transferring.

Now that I knows I should not start genesis ascension, is there anything else that I should watch out for?

They released a patch for that, that day. There are some bugs yet with Ascension but that particular one was fixed quickly and I know many people that have Ascended through Overseer, Rockwell, King Titan, and Master Controller since that patch with no issues but it does upload your character like a server transfer so the risk is always there.

Just now, nameless said:

that is good to hear, have they ever improved character restoration? (as far as I know, nothing other than 100 levels and imprints are returned upon character loss)

They can give you boss engrams for Island and SE with proof on implant. They can give you full levels with proof on implant and Ascensions run again prior to appointment (so if you were 133 and ran Overseer and Rockwell again prior to meeting they could give you 133 levels). 

They do not ascend. They claim they can't despite the command existing for single player and unofficial admins. 

Lost my level 107 PVE character last night while transferring servers.  Gutted.   Not looking good for my imprints and base.

007 failure: failed to download transferred character.

If you have not done so already, you should take a screenshot of your specimen implant.  I forgot to do it and I doubt I'll get my tekgrams back.

Edited by gogz

3 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Always keep a latest copy of your implant pulled from one of ur bodies.

Good idea.  I always just throw them. 

Got multiple responses to my ticket within 2 days, not the result I hoped for though.  By the time I can get a meeting with a GM, my base and dinos will have auto decayed.

Silver lining is some of my base was pincoded, so I managed to get some tames back from a cryofrigde. 

I'm settting up camp there for the next 2 weeks to try and grab all my important stuff when my base despawns.

Lost Character

So I was on the Center 29 smalltribes and the game did an update and when returning to the map my character was not there and I was unable to download him either. I have put a request to the Ark support team and received an email saying its not there problem and they are unable to deal with the issue. My question is how do I get my survivor back i've put a lot of hours in and starting again is not an option

anyone had "Character lost" after last patch ? (CrossArk6)

I'm opening this topic to try to condense all the "char lost" after last patch.
Our cluster is "CrossArk6"
We play on EU-PVP-NoTek-TheIsland-CrossArk6

WHAT I SUPPOSE HAPPENED:
After patch something went wrong and servers were rolled back in time.
So if you didn't transfer in the hour (or roll back time) you just lost like me some structures you just built prior/after patch.
BUT if you transferred (from AB to Island or from RAG to Island) something went badly wrong.

People from friend tribes said (and i saw some posts about that too) logged back to Island (where they traveled before logging off) and found no character.
They checked also in the place they were coming form..still no char.

i was lucky because i was breeding so i just lost just some baby tames...but my other tribe friends that traveled (ex: from AB to Island or from RAG to Island) it seems they lost their characters and stuff they had on.

IF you are in same condition and solved the problem...what exactly did you do ?
Please guys if same problem as many of us report here...and open a thicket for support
https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
I believe proper request is the INGAME-ISSUES >> CHARACTER LOST, describe to devs exactly what happened and what you were doing near the PATCH deployment.

Devs please can you clarify / support these people ? @Cedric I received many complaints from many friend tribes.
Thanks for the time you can dedicate to solve this big issue ppl is facing now.

Edited by nnciotta

On 5/7/2020 at 4:02 PM, nameless said:

that is good to hear, have they ever improved character restoration? (as far as I know, nothing other than 100 levels and imprints are returned upon character loss)

They can but need implant proof lmao and its a huge nightmare cause of all your imprints gone. Also takes them usually weeks to answer ticket.

Edited by Usuallyafk

4 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I'm told, when riding the astrocetus, do not double teleport, or else you go to 50,50 on map and then it kills you and the whale.

Oh, and don't use genesis teleport w/ a giga out , it will mesh and destroy the giga.

I only reply to the giga teleport on genesis , but it doesn’t happen to me or tribe mates. Thing is touch wood . Most things don’t affect me . There’s so many horror stories on forums , I thank my lucky stars I’ve not been affected . I play official pve. Since ark hit console pre launch and still have my original character . I can travel server to server all day long . No issues. Whilst knowing of a problem affecting someone on ark , doesnt always necessarily mean it’s going to affect everyone. The game would be unplayable if you applied every issue , everyone was having . Problem with ark is you take your characters life into your own hands every time you play and everything connected to it. Must say that twitter and this forum is invaluable to us players . Nice to get a heads up time to time 

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Character Lost - Mega Thread
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic