Character Lost - Mega Thread

I lost my character when transferring from the island to genwsis2 . Server lagged and I disconnected. After reconnecting I could not find my character , just bringing create new character menu. I also have some items and Dino’s uploaded in ark data transfer on obelisk . They have 24 hour destruction . Can someone please solve this . Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a Reixer, a veteran Ark player, only about a year ago I moved to the official PVE servers, and now I've lost the character I started with, which means a lot of losses for me and my tribes, because that character he is the only one in my tribe in Genesis 746 / Trade Federation tribe and scorched earth 87 / Dragons Hunters, and i have another tribes, i am the only can enter to take care of the bases, since my fellow tribesmate can't at the moment.

My character is called REIXERprimal, I have almost everything unlocked, with several ascensions, it is lvl 143 as far as I remember, I lost it in a transfer to the gentwo 974 server, there was a crash, and there was a rollback deleting my character, and also the server returned to fell off and has not returned.

I hope you can help me please, because it would really hurt me to lose that character, and the bases, with the dinosaurs, that I have invested too much time in.1812414222_arkpersonaje_Mesadetrabajo1.png.95b93be0d08fb8929c228188b1c05d1d.png

2 hours ago, REIXERPRIME said:

Hi, I'm a Reixer, a veteran Ark player, only about a year ago I moved to the official PVE servers, and now I've lost the character I started with, which means a lot of losses for me and my tribes, because that character he is the only one in my tribe in Genesis 746 / Trade Federation tribe and scorched earth 87 / Dragons Hunters, and i have another tribes, i am the only can enter to take care of the bases, since my fellow tribesmate can't at the moment.

Sorry you had to experience this as well.  I hope it turns out better for you than it did for me.  I was a singleton with bases, tames, BPs and all ascensions across 3 official maps.  When my character disappeared in transfer, I put in the support ticket right away.  After a week with just an automated response, I requested to just get the decay timers reset while I waited for resolution.  Needless to say, there was no help to be found: by the time they were willing to put me on a calendar to restore my character, 4 years of bases, breeding lines and gear had decayed or been raided by vault campers.  I have been doing single-player since.

I hope it works out better for you.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This problem isn't as bad as it once was. A time ago if you was to transfer a character and anything went wrong, the destination server crashed or a rollback happened then you would lose it so it really was 50/50 chance. Now wildcard has implemented a system that if such event happens, you character will be rebuilt with backup data, meaning you will recover your character BUT your inventory will be empty and i would put your odds in the 90 percentile of success.

The system isn't foolproof and things can still go wrong, but don't let that stop you. Personally i have lost a character a few years ago and i do lose my inventory a few times but i also transfer servers several times a day.

If you really want 0 risk then i would create a new character on the server you want instead.

i just transfered to a server which i previously had a dead low level character on, it asked me if id like to override it i click yes. 
At this point everything was normal i was on my main character i even was able to go to swamp cave and pull out my megatherium, then as im flying to get xp notes it kicked me from the server and when i join back im on the previous low level character and my main is no where to be seen.

7 hours ago, WheatEZ said:

i just transfered to a server which i previously had a dead low level character on, it asked me if id like to override it i click yes. 
At this point everything was normal i was on my main character i even was able to go to swamp cave and pull out my megatherium, then as im flying to get xp notes it kicked me from the server and when i join back im on the previous low level character and my main is no where to be seen.

That sounds like they did a rollback on the server, which means they restored your player file from when the low level character was there. I suspect that based on the way ARK saves character files that you won't be able to get your character back, but the only way to find out is to open a ticket.

• 3 weeks later...

I just beat the Gamma Boss on Genesis.  The character I was using was started on The Island and had beat bosses there.  Had the charater up to level 110 before fight and won.  Right after the fight the game crashed.  I attempted to log back into the map and it acted like I had died and wanted me to respawn at my bed.  I attempted to do that and the game crashed again.  Now when I start a map, all my saved characters and pets that were uploaded are gone.  Is there a way to fix this?

12 hours ago, Jihadgila said:

I just beat the Gamma Boss on Genesis.  The character I was using was started on The Island and had beat bosses there.  Had the charater up to level 110 before fight and won.  Right after the fight the game crashed.  I attempted to log back into the map and it acted like I had died and wanted me to respawn at my bed.  I attempted to do that and the game crashed again.  Now when I start a map, all my saved characters and pets that were uploaded are gone.  Is there a way to fix this?

What environment are you playing, Official, Unofficial, single-player, Steam, Epic, etc. ?

• 2 months later...
On 9/16/2022 at 11:08 PM, Tyranos8912 said:

No I’m on xbox

Sadly, if your favorites list isn't complete or my survivors list in game doesn't have the server listed, you will have to narrow it down like a detective would.

You said you got raided with implies it was a PVP server.   We can't tell from your post whether it was an official server or an unofficial server.  Assuming it was an official server, you can narrow it down by if it was a small tribes server or regular pvp server, or was it a legacy network server....  You know the map you left it on, so there should be a very small discrete amount of servers to go through to find your character. 

Now if you were on an unofficial server, you have no idea if the server is still up.  There's no guarantee the server owner of an unofficial server has kept it up all this time.

Edited by GrumpyBear

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There's no definable time frame.  CHeck your email and spam folder, there should have been an automatic reply.   Also, if they do something with the ticket, there could be info here in the help section. Log in like you did to file the report.  CHeck under your name, 'My Activities' .   In there is a list of help requests you've filed, the newest at the top.  If they have done something, it might show there.

• Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic