Character Lost - Mega Thread

I was transferring from an Oblisk to another server on official when I was booted out of the game. Now when I try to get on any map, a screen comes up saying Download Ark Survivor. With my screen name and level in the bar. At the bottom it says Download other survivor. Or  cancel. But it's froze. Can't highlight my character, download survivor or cancel. This happens no matter what map I try to load into. All go straight to that frozen screen. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

44 minutes ago, DW1 said:

I was transferring from an Oblisk to another server on official when I was booted out of the game. Now when I try to get on any map, a screen comes up saying Download Ark Survivor. With my screen name and level in the bar. At the bottom it says Download other survivor. Or  cancel. But it's froze. Can't highlight my character, download survivor or cancel. This happens no matter what map I try to load into. All go straight to that frozen screen. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

https://www.reddit.com/r/ARK/comments/p8b6zb/stuck_at_this_screen_wont_let_me_download/

???

I finished aberration and transferred to extinction, when I load in I had the intro cut scene and then my screen went black and ark crashed, now when I go back on the server, it has given me a fresh new character and I can’t access my old one. But my tribe mate says my old character is still in his tribe and exists, so how do I get back my old character to be able to play one it?

3 hours ago, BobbyT4 said:

I finished aberration and transferred to extinction, when I load in I had the intro cut scene and then my screen went black and ark crashed, now when I go back on the server, it has given me a fresh new character and I can’t access my old one. But my tribe mate says my old character is still in his tribe and exists, so how do I get back my old character to be able to play one it?

Your "old' character is in the cloud probably. You didnt chose or got to chose the character you got in the cloud because sometimes there is a significant delay in loading in characters in the cloud.

-> Remove your current toon from that server by transfering off, then log into that server again you play on, and see if you can download your toon in the cloud... :
-> try joining a server that has easy acces to obelisks and does not have another toon of yours on it. Log in to that server and see if you can download your "old' toon.
I suggest waiting a full minute to see if the game/server has acces to your toon in the cloud. During server saves or lag spikes, it can take a while before server reacts so it looks like there is nothing in the cloud...
If you got acces to your character in the cloud, download it! Then find a way to transfer out and REPLACE your character on the server yo uwant to play on.

Always make screenshots of your characters inplant and its info...
If you cant find your toon back, contact Support.

Edited by SunsetErosion

• 3 weeks later...
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Davide094 said:

hi. I lost my character traveling between two pvp servers and so now I can't access my base anymore. I don't have any photos of my system but obviously I remember the tribe name and character name. There is a possibility that groove street will be able to give me back my character?

@StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Davide094 said:

hi. I lost my character traveling between two pvp servers and so now I can't access my base anymore. I don't have any photos of my system but obviously I remember the tribe name and character name. There is a possibility that groove street will be able to give me back my character?

Hello, you will need to submit a support ticket here: https://grovestreetgames.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

• 3 weeks later...