Character Lost - Mega Thread

• Volunteer Moderator
45 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

Question on this... what is a 'lost character' typically, and why does a character become lost usually? Is it more of an 'offical server' issue? I've played for years but on private servers and have never 'lost' a character, or seen/heard of it happening. 

Some people call it a 'lost character' when they can't remember what server they played on last. So they don't know where the character is, even though it's not really lost.

Sometimes, the character is flat out deleted due to a bug. That is indeed a lost character. This used to be a serious problem years past but it's pretty rare now.

• Thanks 1

Hi, how do I get my character back?
since they hacked the servers recently, and then restarted the serves, I lost a character level 156, I can't find him anywhere.

and when I go to fill out the tiket, I put "lost character" automatically redirects me to make another type of tiket, but when I continue it sends me to the first site, so on and on, I can't find how to send a tiket. 

On 10/25/2022 at 9:04 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Some people call it a 'lost character' when they can't remember what server they played on last. So they don't know where the character is, even though it's not really lost.

Sometimes, the character is flat out deleted due to a bug. That is indeed a lost character. This used to be a serious problem years past but it's pretty rare now.

Then I'm one of the "lucky" rares now. I lost my level 175 character on single player while I uncryoed a Megachelon on Fjordur's Helms Deep. The char just has been deleted. 😔

Two people on my nintrado server can't log into their characters. Both of their bodies are in bed on the server, but when they attempt to log in, they get taken to the character creation screen. They did transfer from extinction to crystal isles (xbox) with dinos and items. Server roll backs have not fixed this issue and I am not sure what to do. Nintrado support haven't come up with anything either. 

Has anyone encountered this before and was there a solution? Is this a crystal isles on xbox bug or something? Open to any and all suggestions.  

9 hours ago, IXDemonIX said:

Two people on my nintrado server can't log into their characters. Both of their bodies are in bed on the server, but when they attempt to log in, they get taken to the character creation screen. They did transfer from extinction to crystal isles (xbox) with dinos and items. Server roll backs have not fixed this issue and I am not sure what to do. Nintrado support haven't come up with anything either. 

Has anyone encountered this before and was there a solution? Is this a crystal isles on xbox bug or something? Open to any and all suggestions.  

This has happened in the past for me.  I haven't seen it happen in a long time though.  Check the bodies you see on the map, do they have implants in their inventories?  It can happen if, you transfer off the server, it crashes and rolls back to an earlier point right after you leave.

I'm pretty sure when this happened to me, there was no implant in the body found on the server.  Asking for a Character restore from a GM was the only way to fix.

38 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

This has happened in the past for me.  I haven't seen it happen in a long time though.  Check the bodies you see on the map, do they have implants in their inventories?  It can happen if, you transfer off the server, it crashes and rolls back to an earlier point right after you leave.

I'm pretty sure when this happened to me, there was no implant in the body found on the server.  Asking for a Character restore from a GM was the only way to fix.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a GM wouldn't do a character restore for anyone outside a official server no?

Hello! We just got onto the game now that the servers are back up on the switch only to find out the official pve server we played on previously is no longer there. 

Is there any way to bring back our previous character or do we have to start all over again? (Which I know leveling up doesn't take long it's just kinda inconvenient)

19 hours ago, IXDemonIX said:

That's the thing, I am the admin for the server. I just don't know how to fix this.

You create a new character.  You then have commands available to you to give yourself the same amount of xp, you can force your character into the tribe , and you find one of your tames that you have imprinted, there's a command to switch your new specimen  id # into all tames that were previously owned by your former char.  You will want all the tames you have imprinted out and unpodded so that the command can swap in the new specimen # to all of them.

To force yourself into the tribe, you look at a wall or some structure owned by the tribe and type

cheat ForceJoinTribe

Transfer those imprints to your new character(for the playerID that's the # on the implants, the old one would be found on an old implant or an imprinted tame should have it in there):

TransferImprints <oldPlayerID> <newPlayerID> <NewImprinterName>  

I found that string posted on the forums here by @invincibleqc, the other commands you need should be findable here

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454529617

Edited by GrumpyBear

12 hours ago, ShadyJN said:

Hello! We just got onto the game now that the servers are back up on the switch only to find out the official pve server we played on previously is no longer there. 

Is there any way to bring back our previous character or do we have to start all over again? (Which I know leveling up doesn't take long it's just kinda inconvenient)

If the server is no more, then the character is no more.   I could be wrong, but I don't think its coming back.

• 2 months later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, lonewolf86 said:

I want to know can I restore my godmode pack as I have lost my character had godmode now can't redeem it back help

This section of the forum is not for the mobile version of the game. That is managed by another company.

I transferred from my fjurdor server to my gen2 server which I spawned jn my bed as usual but the server crashed and has been continuously crashing every minute when inhave managed to get on my gen2 server my character isn't there for upload only give me make new character option its also not on my fjurdor map of course I haven't made a new character on either map as I don't want to loose my main character permanently I have reported it to ark but haven't had any response anyone had this before and did u get ur character back and how?

• 5 weeks later...

Just lost my character.....I loaded in to my SP run on my main character, got to the obelisk, loaded up the main character, and attempted to download my second character. Everything was going good, but then the cinematic crashed the game.
Secondary character with tek engrams from beating the brood mother is gone.

Xbox, solo mode, game breaking bug, 7 years old, but hey UE5 and snail sex...

• Haha 1

Same thing, Scorched Earth cinematic crashed my game and I lost my level 120 character.

Created new character, used cheats to level back to 105, level chibi, level up to 110, take ownership of structures and dinos, uploaded and downloaded back to Island to see if I could use cheats to get credit for all the explorer notes I painstakingly collected, and see if I could somehow get the engrams for the alpha bosses and ascension without having to redo all the content.

Island cinematic crashes game, new character gone as well.

I’ve submitted ticket and have gotten no reply for 2 months now. There was a rollback on a gen2 server - I was on a gen2 server on PS5 to pick up from a trade. I received the traded items and transferred back to my server. Of course, on transfer I timed out. I log back in and my character was on neither server. I had my wife check to see if the item we traded for were where I put them on our home server and they were not. So I joined back to the Gen2 server and my character was not there but the items I was trading for were still there. The Gen2 server crashed and had a rollback. My character is missing now. Please help. I have pic of character with implant ID and of course the server numbers. Will submit to WC if they need. I submitted them in my original ticket. 

• Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic