Character Lost - Mega Thread

Sorry to hear that it'll take about a month for a GM to get to you. You need to file a ticket first here's the link below. I would go ahead and start leveling up a new character .I hope you have a tribemate with admin access that can let you back in. if you're a solo player you'll need to start another tribe.

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/categories/202563177-Report-Abuse 

Don't travel to another server, its a free ticket to character deletion. WC will never be able to fix this issue, its a far too long standing issue for them to care anymore.

Make a new character on destination server, we do this for transferring items or just grabbing tames. Yes multiple characters share the same account so u can move things about and collect on another character at the other end.

No WC support in forums im afraid :(

Sorry to hear about ur loss hope u have an alt in tribe u can log in to or a tribe mate, if u grabbed an epic account when ARK was free u could have reset ur building timers if that toon was in tribe too.  The big problem is WC take way to long to restore characters, ur stuff will spoil by the time they get to u which really sucks.

If WC do eventually fix this issue it would be a hefty load taken right off the GM's shoulders.  I have a mind set that this will never ever get fixed, doesn't happen in any other online games ive played, why this one. (WC 20 years behind on server tech, or using the good old fashioned floppy disk to store character data when transferring??)

A regrettable ordeal, but it'd likely be wise - if you simply just enjoy officials only - to just cease wasting your time on such a broken game. At least abandoning any sort of gratification whilst playing on officials. I only hop on once a week for a few minutes to make sure things don't despawn; waiting for the day when this company would actually gain 'any' semblance of permanence in their "bug fixes". Personally I feel it is no longer worth any more than 10 minutes of my time. 

11 hours ago, reddotjellytot said:

doesn't happen in any other online games ive played, why this one. (WC 20 years behind on server tech, or using the good old fashioned floppy disk to store character data when transferring??)

To be fair what other online survival game allows you to transfer characters between servers the way that ARK does?

21 minutes ago, HoboNation said:

To be fair what other online survival game allows you to transfer characters between servers the way that ARK does?

Good point,  I used to play FFXIV & Elite Dangerous and when visiting other worlds/servers characters were always intact, not a survival game but ur still transferring from one server to another, im sure theres plenty of other games out there that allow server travelling regardless of whether its survival, MMO etc

Yeah it's true there are other games with server transfer, reason though I specified survival is a game like Rust Ark conan etc, there is usually a lot more attached to each character than other types of games, things like tames/followers, structures ownership permissions, potentially resources, levels and stats along with engrams and stuff like that. If you think about it there is a whole bunch of in game assets and values linked to each character, guess kinda makes sense that there is so much room for something to go wrong with all that information and result in a potentially corrupted character.

Can't access my character?

Anyone else lost their character after the downtime of server a couple of days ago. Heard they did a rollback. After that i cant access it. I made another account just to see, and i could find my character standing in front of my vault.(but i cant find it uploaded or cant get to it)  Also does this mean i lost the bossfights i did before the rollback ? Frustrating!

On PC it usually takes a month. I hope someone in you tribe has admin access that can let you back in. I would recommend leveling up a new character and let them give you the old character. Explorer note run on extinction is pretty quick. A friend of mine used 8 Grinders and Explorer notes to Max's he character out. Within an hour Because he wanted to change his name. Oh and when you get to level 32 use a toilet.When defecating on a Toilet, you will also get a +33% experience buff that lasts 120 seconds

Click on Support in the Bar and Choose Help, follow steps there to submit a ticket.

Other things that may Help.

-Take a look if ur Main Char is on the old server, where started Transfer.

-Did u created a new Char, leave the Server with him and try to Respawn with ur Main Char (look if u found him by Download Char)on New Server.

,but at least, more info for better Help.

Cya ;)

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Character Lost - Mega Thread
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic