Character Lost - Mega Thread

Character Loss after transfer

Multiple players have logged onto my private server Ragnarok only to find that they need to create a new character and there is no option to download the character. The characters are right where the players had left them, their bodies unaffected and still in the tribe the exact way they had logged out as. The players are forced to make a new character and lose all progress and I've had to forcejoin them into their respective tribes as a temporary solution. A restore point was loaded several different instances at times the players knew for a fact they were online as their old character, but the same create new character screen popped up. The only possible correlation between each instance that I can find is that the players had recently transferred to and from Ragnarok logged off on Ragnarok and came back to find a blank slate. Has anyone else had this problem/found a solution?

On 7/18/2019 at 11:24 AM, HoboNation said:

If you have lost a character and are wondering what to do next, follow this procedure:

Sit in a semi comfortable position on the floor

Assume a fetal position

Place head between legs

Begin to rock back and forth repeatedly

Begin to cry

Maintain this action until the acceptance of your character being gone for good sets in and takes hold.

Only after you have completed this behavior should you then log a ticket, this way you can mentally prepare yourself for the "we are sorry but we arent going to restore your character because reasons" reply that you will get back from support.

You make my day ! ?

I play on 5 servers, each server has its own character... very rarely do I send them across servers just in case the inevitable happens... lost character.

Sorry to hear your pain OP, but for those others out there constantly transferring between servers, just make another char, jump on a Giga/Reaper and go farm some XP, within an hr or two over the weekend, youll have enough levels to get the engrams you mainly need.

What I tend to do is go and do the three easy bosses on Alpha with each player as soon as they are eligible (Center and Rag) all in one go and when the servers seem quiet, that way I dont have to worry about transferring too many times and worrying about losing levels after level 90.

This has worked for me this far, only alpha ascended once and moved that char to Ext to make use of the amounts of Element on there. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2019 at 3:08 PM, Anarki said:

I play on 5 servers, each server has its own character... very rarely do I send them across servers just in case the inevitable happens... lost character.

Sorry to hear your pain OP, but for those others out there constantly transferring between servers, just make another char, jump on a Giga/Reaper and go farm some XP, within an hr or two over the weekend, youll have enough levels to get the engrams you mainly need.

What I tend to do is go and do the three easy bosses on Alpha with each player as soon as they are eligible (Center and Rag) all in one go and when the servers seem quiet, that way I dont have to worry about transferring too many times and worrying about losing levels after level 90.

This has worked for me this far, only alpha ascended once and moved that char to Ext to make use of the amounts of Element on there. 

Great tip, Anarki! I also now have multiple characters, but I hate, that I am almost forced to do so. Imprinting sucks  and not being able to transfer items in your inventory also sucks. I would very much prefer to have just one and only character and not split my progress between multiple alts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Character lost during transfer.

While transferring into a different server i went to go make some food and sat in the upload, when i got back i tried to download but it said failed then it would flash the create new survive screen for a split second then go to the download screen, it repeated this and was unable to download my character, i exit the game and reloaded it and it forced me to make a new character on bother the server i left and one i was joining. I was level 104 and have picture but not of that level. And pictures wont upload in ticket but can email them. 

I didn’t even transfer and lost my main character with over 300 imprints, I was sat on a owl healing a spino then disconnected and loaded back into create a character screen.....absolutely the worst game ever made how can u just lose all that progress because of a bad update I really don’t know why we all still play this garbage and no replies from the dev’s they don’t care either 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Character vanished after rollback

Hello

Yesterday a server crash has occured (around 2:30 AM to now 7 PM) on ragnarok 434
When the server has come back, there's been a rollback (i know it cuz some guy on the server told me).
The problem is the crash occured like 5 minutes after i had finished to transfer my character from extinction 509 to my main server: ragnarok 434.
So now, when i try to connect on both of these servers, the game shows me the "character creating interface".
As if my character had disappeared.

Not only does the server i'm in (ragnarok 434) is REALLY frequently off due to server crash, but also ,now, my character gets deleted...

Is there any way to fix this ?

Edited by Koli2556

Sorry for you, this is like character are deleted for always... at moment you dowload a character on a server if server make rollback before you tranfer your character, its gone. Make a ticket and wait.

They must have a copy all characters a server have, if server make rollback compare characters server vs copy and characters server not have put to dowload other time.

Yes as you guys said it's probably gone for always. 

I already made a ticket. But honestly knowing all the issues the game has, and the fact that WildCard doesn't do anything about it; i doubt i'll get any help.

I know my structures and dinos are not vanished, so i'll just remake a character, and wait for the decay to claim it back (i guess that's how it works ?).

8 minutes ago, Koli2556 said:

I already made a ticket. But honestly knowing all the issues the game has, and the fact that WildCard doesn't do anything about it; i doubt i'll get any help.

I know my structures and dinos are not vanished, so i'll just remake a character, and wait for the decay to claim it back (i guess that's how it works ?).

From what i have heard support is able to give you back your levels on a new character and move ownership and imprints to the new character and about you waiting for your stuff to be claimable i don’t think that work except maybe for dinos but i think structures only will be able to be destroyed.

35 minutes ago, Koli2556 said:

They are better about helping to replace character now.

With a screenshot or an old implant they can even give some tekgrams and levels above 105.

Make sure to keep the ticket open every 4 days if the issue is not resolved before then. It auto closes after 5 if not.

Structures and dino's are not claimable so hopefully they get to you before decay timers expire (7 days for dinos). 

1 hour ago, Koli2556 said:

You cant claim. When timer finish all is detroyed... Only you can get is items on boxes....If you was alone on the tribe you have a problem. I play solo but i have 2 characters on my tribe on diferents servers. To make this need help some friend. To give tribe when you move first character to other server. This nos replace your character but make safe your building and dinos... Better option at this moment is have a character for server and move items across obelisk and not transfer characters...

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Character Lost - Mega Thread
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic