Community Crunch 235: Community Fan Art & More

StudioWildcard

16 hours ago, GP said:

If you read the tweet, and you read what I was responding to with the quote, you might get the gears working a little and realise I didn't quote the tweet because "BAM there totally is information"..... I was quoting it to provide the person I was responding to with the fact that Ced has said going forward the Crunches are going to be a little light and the reason for why they are going to be a little light.

I was providing the person further information. If only you read it in context.

Read what in context? All you did was quote a tweet. Nothing else was said.

3 hours ago, GP said:

If you've got nothing nice to say stop posting and wasting our time reading it.

Says the dude telling someone to "get the gears working". As if to say im an idiot. Now if you quoted the tweet and said, heres a bit of extra info for you. Then cool, but im not a mind reader.

Edited by TeRyn
  • Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, JackN said:

So the latest update was upping all of the rates without event from 1x to 2x but it has been a week since it was posted that it has changed but nothing has happened.

It has increased from 1x to 2x, you probably don't feel it because it is the same as the Evo event the previous few weeks until it ended.

What platform are you on and how are you testing rates?

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, TeRyn said:

Read what in context? All you did was quote a tweet. Nothing else was said.

Says the dude telling someone to "get the gears working". As if to say im an idiot. Now if you quoted the tweet and said, heres a bit of extra info for you. Then cool, but im not a mind reader.

The guy said there was zero info.

The tweet I quoted CLEARLY gave an explanation of the fact that Crunches going forward are going to be very light on info, hence WHY there is zero info.

I mean I know life is hard these days but that doesn't mean I have to lay everything out on a silver platter and explain it for people word by word. Everything you needed was there in the post.

Ever heard of 'you can lead a horse to water...'?

Edited by GP
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 2:40 AM, GP said:

You do realise the rates you have now on consoles is the same rates that PC currently has and is in fact the same rates that all platforms have had for the last few months including PC?

Rates were put on permanent Evo 2x until the major patch came out to make the base rate 2x. When that major patch released the Evo stopped and the base rate increased meaning that there was absolutely NO change in rates from the last month or so.

So you aren't missing out on anything and PC NEVER had higher rates for CI.

I don't understand why people are finding this so confusing.

Because it was times four for pc crystal isles console has times two. The summer Evo was times four. We now enjoy times two, 2 and 4 are very different in terms of rates

• Facepalm 2

Because it was times four for pc crystal isles console has times two. The summer Evo was times four. We now enjoy times two, 2 and 4 are very different in terms of rates
Pc never had times 4. It was times 2 for a long time before the recent rate change, where current 1x is same as the previous 2x so pc and console had same rates for CI.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Chosentoker said:

Either you are confused about what's going on on a platform that you don't play on, or you have listened to rumours of those that don't play on the platform and therefore don't know what's going on on a platform they don't play on. Either way you are commenting on things you don't know what is going on on other platforms.

Let's expand your knowledge of what's been going on over the past few months.

The base rates, as you've known them have been 1x (originally 2x of the 2015 rates). A month or so ago, some time around CI release on PC it was announced that base rates were officially going to be increased to 2x, basically what the typical weekend Evo event is. It was announced back then that the base rate increase was going to take place at a later date, and therefore in the meantime the weekend EVO event was going to become permanent which would essentially act as if the base rates had increased (with the exception of stone picking as that is 2x on Evo events which is not on the base rates).

That permanent EVO event was placed on ALL platforms, PC, Xbox and PS4.

Therefore PC was on 2x with CI release (technically 4x of 2015 rates). Xbox and PS4 was also on this 2x rates (4x of 2015), the only difference is they didn't have CI.

Then CI release on PS4 and Xbox at the same time that the base rates were increased to 2x (4x of 2015).

At that same time the permanent EVO event on all platforms was stopped and replaced with the base rate increase.

So let's sum all this up.

CI release on PC = PC on 2x due to permanent EVO event.

CI release on Xbox & PS4 = Consoles on 2x due to base rate increase.

As you can see no platform was on 4x (if you disregard the 4x of 2015 point).

Maybe you can spread this news as opposed to the rumour that you are spreading.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 6:24 AM, YourFavoriteOni said:

Sooo what happened to all of the awesome content that we could have gotten for Crystal Isles, but instead got a completely watered down version of the mod ported to official? What happened there? A bunch of new awesome content to enjoy? Oh, you must be talking about:

- Tameable Crystal Wyvern Heirs
- Crystal Snow Owl, Crystal Drake, Embertross, Liquid Creatures, Crystal Griffin, and other Crystal Varients of currently exiting creatures in the game
- New tools/resources unique to Crystal Isles

Yup, a LOT of awesome content to enjoy... that was severely CUT.

Thanks for the diet Crystal Isles for official I guess... 23/10 painfully disappointed.

A bit of info on the Wyverns

The Heirs are egg tames that spawn at the max level of taming effectiveness possible, so so 225 would be max for them. They also have a passive tame version of them, that remains passive unless you hit them. 

They are breed-able and have different mostly different attacks, Ember Crystal Wyvern's are somewhat like Fire Wyverns. 

Ember Crystal Wyverns fire a longer-ranged but narrower fiery breath which does more overall damage which increases the more the fire breath is used consecutively.

Blood Crystal Wyverns fire a mid-range blood stream which deals decent damage and siphons health over time to all targets hit (inflicting "Blood Cursed!" effect at target whilst adding "Blood Curse Recovery!" to itself), healing the Blood Crystal Wyvern, it is also capable healing itself by eating corpse (80 health each bite), similar to Argentavis.

Tropical Crystal Wyverns fire a long range jet of water with high knockback and mediocre damage with "Scolded!" effect which reduces both HP and Stamina. They are additionally buffed by water similarly to Spinos.

Crystal Wyverns are faster and have a tighter turning radius (faster turning) than their normal  Wyvern counterparts. However, their bite attack does less damage and their attack speed is slower. The are also 25% smaller then normal Wyverns.

They glow in the dark, which makes them easily seen at night.

It's easier to get the primal crystal's needed to feed the babies as higher levels give more crystals.

Ohh and for some weird reason Sweet Vegetable cakes heal them.

12 hours ago, GP said:

Ever heard of 'you can lead a horse to water...'?

Its a newsletter, we should not have to guess and read between the lines in a friggin newsletter.

The official newsletter should of included this information. Instead this msg was given in an unofficial capacity through a tweet.

I mean you can argue all you want. Having to go through unofficial channels to get information regarding official statements is idiotic.

At this rate the devs should just put the newsletter out on survivetheark twitter instead of here.

15 hours ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

A bit of info on the Wyverns

The Heirs are egg tames that spawn at the max level of taming effectiveness possible, so so 225 would be max for them. They also have a passive tame version of them, that remains passive unless you hit them. 

They are breed-able and have different mostly different attacks, Ember Crystal Wyvern's are somewhat like Fire Wyverns. 

Ember Crystal Wyverns fire a longer-ranged but narrower fiery breath which does more overall damage which increases the more the fire breath is used consecutively.

Blood Crystal Wyverns fire a mid-range blood stream which deals decent damage and siphons health over time to all targets hit (inflicting "Blood Cursed!" effect at target whilst adding "Blood Curse Recovery!" to itself), healing the Blood Crystal Wyvern, it is also capable healing itself by eating corpse (80 health each bite), similar to Argentavis.

Tropical Crystal Wyverns fire a long range jet of water with high knockback and mediocre damage with "Scolded!" effect which reduces both HP and Stamina. They are additionally buffed by water similarly to Spinos.

Crystal Wyverns are faster and have a tighter turning radius (faster turning) than their normal  Wyvern counterparts. However, their bite attack does less damage and their attack speed is slower. The are also 25% smaller then normal Wyverns.

They glow in the dark, which makes them easily seen at night.

It's easier to get the primal crystal's needed to feed the babies as higher levels give more crystals.

Ohh and for some weird reason Sweet Vegetable cakes heal them.

After talking with some people on Reddit though I was told the Crystal Wyvern Heirs were tameable though. Like, the skull-wearing version of the Crystal Wyverns, at least on the actual mod.

On the ported version, if you steal an egg from the Heirs it hatches as a regular Crystal Wyvern (no skull helmet) which is extremely disappointing, because if you go into single player, do the "givetome" command on an heir, you can breed it with a regular Crystal Wyvern.

I'm mad that I can't have an heir for myself with the skull helmet.

21 hours ago, GP said:

Either you are confused about what's going on on a platform that you don't play on, or you have listened to rumours of those that don't play on the platform and therefore don't know what's going on on a platform they don't play on. Either way you are commenting on things you don't know what is going on on other platforms.

Let's expand your knowledge of what's been going on over the past few months.

The base rates, as you've known them have been 1x (originally 2x of the 2015 rates). A month or so ago, some time around CI release on PC it was announced that base rates were officially going to be increased to 2x, basically what the typical weekend Evo event is. It was announced back then that the base rate increase was going to take place at a later date, and therefore in the meantime the weekend EVO event was going to become permanent which would essentially act as if the base rates had increased (with the exception of stone picking as that is 2x on Evo events which is not on the base rates).

That permanent EVO event was placed on ALL platforms, PC, Xbox and PS4.

Therefore PC was on 2x with CI release (technically 4x of 2015 rates). Xbox and PS4 was also on this 2x rates (4x of 2015), the only difference is they didn't have CI.

Then CI release on PS4 and Xbox at the same time that the base rates were increased to 2x (4x of 2015).

At that same time the permanent EVO event on all platforms was stopped and replaced with the base rate increase.

So let's sum all this up.

CI release on PC = PC on 2x due to permanent EVO event.

CI release on Xbox & PS4 = Consoles on 2x due to base rate increase.

As you can see no platform was on 4x (if you disregard the 4x of 2015 point).

Maybe you can spread this news as opposed to the rumour that you are spreading.

I have epic store steam and Xbox as well as Microsoft store what you fail to realize is that summer Evo was times 4 after Evo it went down to 2 and stayed that way yes you are right about that but CI was not released on pc during the permanent Evo, it was out during the summer Evo x4 so we had times 4 rates on CI on pc for a long time before the permanent Evo how is that hard to understand summer evo was times 4 not 2

• Facepalm 1

23 hours ago, Castlerock said:
On 9/1/2020 at 10:46 AM, Chosentoker said:

Pc never had times 4. It was times 2 for a long time before the recent rate change, where current 1x is same as the previous 2x so pc and console had same rates for CI.

So pc was the only platform that did not get a summer Evo which was times four then dropped to the permanent times two?

15 hours ago, YourFavoriteOni said:

After talking with some people on Reddit though I was told the Crystal Wyvern Heirs were tameable though. Like, the skull-wearing version of the Crystal Wyverns, at least on the actual mod.

On the ported version, if you steal an egg from the Heirs it hatches as a regular Crystal Wyvern (no skull helmet) which is extremely disappointing, because if you go into single player, do the "givetome" command on an heir, you can breed it with a regular Crystal Wyvern.

I'm mad that I can't have an heir for myself with the skull helmet.

Understandable, and it is true they hatch as normal Crystal Wyverns.

The skull helmet would be nice, maybe they could add it in as a achievement skin.

On 9/1/2020 at 7:55 AM, GP said:

It has increased from 1x to 2x, you probably don't feel it because it is the same as the Evo event the previous few weeks until it ended.

What platform are you on and how are you testing rates?

im on official pc and im testing by picking up a rock which shows you what the rates are, the rates are 1x on my server so i get 1 rock, whereas they should be 2x

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, JackN said:

im on official pc and im testing by picking up a rock which shows you what the rates are, the rates are 1x on my server so i get 1 rock, whereas they should be 2x

Picking up stones is ONLY used to test whether EVO rates are running. When it comes to base rates stones are ALWAYS 1 when picking up by hand.

The only suspicion that some elements are unaffected by the base rate change right now is passive tames as it has been reported creatures such as Bloodstalker and Basilisk still take twice as much.

Everything else is correctly on 2x, i.e. the new 1.0.

7 hours ago, GP said:

Picking up stones is ONLY used to test whether EVO rates are running. When it comes to base rates stones are ALWAYS 1 when picking up by hand.

The only suspicion that some elements are unaffected by the base rate change right now is passive tames as it has been reported creatures such as Bloodstalker and Basilisk still take twice as much.

Everything else is correctly on 2x, i.e. the new 1.0.

I think in a ideal world it is 2x but it is not, if the farming rates were permanently changed to 2x i should be getting 2 rocks every time, like on 4x you get 4 rocks 

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, JackN said:

I think in a ideal world it is 2x but it is not, if the farming rates were permanently changed to 2x i should be getting 2 rocks every time, like on 4x you get 4 rocks 

Did you read what I said?

Everything is on the new 2x rates, BUT, stone will ALWAYS be 1 on base rates.

This means if they do a future 2x EVO event then you will pick up 2 stones.

Forget about stone picking as it doesn't help you in regards to knowing whether the server is on the new base rates.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:46 PM, StudioWildcard said:

Welcome to another edition of the community crunch.  We hope everyone is enjoying their experience on the newly launched Crystal Isles!  The team will be on the lookout for any issues we're seeing in the community

Sadly no, we are not ? 

We were so hyped for this map coming to ps4  but its still not here for us  

Love it that The Team is on the lookout for issues thats a good thing 

But where exactly are they looking?   Becouse they dont see us somehow   we are posting daily  for some help or a reaction or how to get in contact with someone who is willing to spend a few minutes for " any issues you are seeing in the comunity "   even if our topics are top rated of the day    not a single reply was given,   private messages are beeing ignored ( it shows when the message is unread or when the person 'has left te conversation'    

We try this forum we try facebook we try twitter youtube    but not even 1 single reply 

We are constantly promoting youre servers and that actualy is succesfull  making videos on youtube and twitch    players respond to positive on it  theres more and more people coming to join every week       and it is no private server    noo its actualy Ark Official server we promote constantly  becous we enjoy it soo mutch    

And that what makes us feel ignored        were doing really good at it, the comunity grows faster almost every day, people are more interested then we hoped they would    wich is also verry good for you 

we keep on trying to get some help or support from you guys  a normal chat with someone who can help    

I quoted your text so i hope you see the notification  and willing to chat    for the one who reads and willing to chat and help   an awsome lot of respect   it would really make is happy 

Thank you?