Community Crunch 235: Community Fan Art & More

StudioWildcard

On 8/29/2020 at 2:40 AM, GP said:

You do realise the rates you have now on consoles is the same rates that PC currently has and is in fact the same rates that all platforms have had for the last few months including PC?

Rates were put on permanent Evo 2x until the major patch came out to make the base rate 2x. When that major patch released the Evo stopped and the base rate increased meaning that there was absolutely NO change in rates from the last month or so.

So you aren't missing out on anything and PC NEVER had higher rates for CI.

I don't understand why people are finding this so confusing                              its easy u forget that when CI came out on pc it was during a 4x event so a regular evo event would have made us even other then the fact pc got color rates changed after that event so u see we do get screwed 

• Volunteer Moderator
57 minutes ago, Maggotface said:

its easy u forget that when CI came out on pc it was during a 4x event so a regular evo event would have made us even other then the fact pc got color rates changed after that event so u see we do get screwed

But you aren't in competition with PC are you. PC got ARK 6 months before it came to console, and PS4 got ARK even later than Xbox, yet are people complaining that those platforms got ARK earlier? No.

Now I could understand the complaints if it affected crossplatform and gave certain platforms an advantage over the other, but there is none of that. This is just your typical "wah PC got this, Xbox should get it too".

2 hours ago, GP said:

But you aren't in competition with PC are you. PC got ARK 6 months before it came to console, and PS4 got ARK even later than Xbox, yet are people complaining that those platforms got ARK earlier? No.

Now I could understand the complaints if it affected crossplatform and gave certain platforms an advantage over the other, but there is none of that. This is just your typical "wah PC got this, Xbox should get it too".

So here is what im saying how is it far that i paid the same amount of money as everyone else but when i go collect a rock by hand i get 1 rock as were they got 2 or 4 we are being robbed of our time and really how hard is it to increase rates and its not like i was bitching about the rest of the week the 2 days i lost trapped in a OC server just wanted the standard weekend evo event didn't think that was to much

9 minutes ago, Maggotface said:

So here is what im saying how is it far that i paid the same amount of money as everyone else but when i go collect a rock by hand i get 1 rock as were they got 2 or 4 we are being robbed of our time and really how hard is it to increase rates and its not like i was bitching about the rest of the week the 2 days i lost trapped in a OC server just wanted the standard weekend evo event didn't think that was to much

do. not. test. rates. by picking up. stones. you always get 1 stone by hand from what I understand

25 minutes ago, Slvr said:

do. not. test. rates. by picking up. stones. you always get 1 stone by hand from what I understand

Well iv been playing since the release and thats how u tell when the rates are increased lol u don't log out to see if anything has changde u walk outside and pick up a rock whatever the rate is will be the amount of rocks u receive unless its a .5 then they round down dont understand y u keep defending them they paying u

3 minutes ago, Maggotface said:

Well iv been playing since the release and thats how u tell when the rates are increased lol u don't log out to see if anything has changde u walk outside and pick up a rock whatever the rate is will be the amount of rocks u receive unless its a .5 then they round down dont understand y u keep defending them they paying u

I literally saw several moderators saying that with new base rates it doesn't increase the number of stones you get. Evo events do this, yes, but the base rate multiplier does not. Trust me, I wish they were paying me lol.

Check this thread out and if you still wanna bitch and moan that's your problem

Edited by Slvr
  • Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Maggotface said:

the 2 days i lost trapped in a OC server just wanted the standard weekend evo event didn't think that was to much

The standard weekend Evo event is what the base rates now are all week, so you already have the standard Evo rates, minus picking up stones.

It's typical that people say they wanted the Evo event to become permanent and now that it has through base rates people want more Evo events at weekends. Ya'll might as well play unofficial servers.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, TeRyn said:

This guy quoting information outside of the community crunch "newsletter". Like "BAM there totally is information....not contained in the newsletter that you were referring to that had 0 info."

If you read the tweet, and you read what I was responding to with the quote, you might get the gears working a little and realise I didn't quote the tweet because "BAM there totally is information"..... I was quoting it to provide the person I was responding to with the fact that Ced has said going forward the Crunches are going to be a little light and the reason for why they are going to be a little light.

I was providing the person further information. If only you read it in context.

Sooo what happened to all of the awesome content that we could have gotten for Crystal Isles, but instead got a completely watered down version of the mod ported to official? What happened there? A bunch of new awesome content to enjoy? Oh, you must be talking about:

- Tameable Crystal Wyvern Heirs
- Crystal Snow Owl, Crystal Drake, Embertross, Liquid Creatures, Crystal Griffin, and other Crystal Varients of currently exiting creatures in the game
- New tools/resources unique to Crystal Isles

Yup, a LOT of awesome content to enjoy... that was severely CUT.

Thanks for the diet Crystal Isles for official I guess... 23/10 painfully disappointed.

On 8/28/2020 at 6:15 PM, Maggotface said:

So no evo event pc had  a bunch of time with increased rates with the new map now we get it months later and your still making us suffer. Can't believe that even after people have been trapped in your OC servers  for 2 days now its just disrespectful to your console players 

The base rates were just doubled, so it's like an evo event all the time.

3 hours ago, YourFavoriteOni said:

Sooo what happened to all of the awesome content that we could have gotten for Crystal Isles, but instead got a completely watered down version of the mod ported to official? What happened there? A bunch of new awesome content to enjoy? Oh, you must be talking about:

- Tameable Crystal Wyvern Heirs
- Crystal Snow Owl, Crystal Drake, Embertross, Liquid Creatures, Crystal Griffin, and other Crystal Varients of currently exiting creatures in the game
- New tools/resources unique to Crystal Isles

Yup, a LOT of awesome content to enjoy... that was severely CUT.

Thanks for the diet Crystal Isles for official I guess... 23/10 painfully disappointed.

This was 100% predictable.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

This was 100% predictable.

I never got to play on Center, Rag, and Valg before they were ported so I don't know how much was cut exactly but there was way too much stuff unique to Crystal Isles that they cut instead of putting the effort into porting over to official. This one really is a complete bummer ngl.

41 minutes ago, YourFavoriteOni said:

I never got to play on Center, Rag, and Valg before they were ported so I don't know how much was cut exactly but there was way too much stuff unique to Crystal Isles that they cut instead of putting the effort into porting over to official. This one really is a complete bummer ngl.

Only the map itself was promised by WC. Valguero spawns were altered once WC made it a free DLC, but the original mod author created a map extension mod to restore it to the modded version. I would imagine Iso, author of CI, might do something similar if she has time, but she never released a stand alone version of her creatures.

4 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Only the map itself was promised by WC. Valguero spawns were altered once WC made it a free DLC, but the original mod author created a map extension mod to restore it to the modded version. I would imagine Iso, author of CI, might do something similar if she has time, but she never released a stand alone version of her creatures.

to my knowledge there was a mod released for pc players that added the removed dinos to Crystal Isles, but I'm a console player. My pc can't handle Ark so I'm sort of forced to play console but it pisses me off that console players are severely robbed of these things.

9 minutes ago, YourFavoriteOni said:

console players are severely robbed of these things.

Robbed isn't the right verb. Console players don't have mods. Very few console games have modding and its very limited.

Most of the suggestions forum is QoL things from mods like picking up poop and eggs. I think even ark mobile gets this stuff but for real money.

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, nomeensno said:

Where's the "and more"?  Community Crunch is an absolute joke at the moment.  If you've got nothing to say, stop wasting our time and yours.  In fact, release a separate poopty weekly with fan art so we can happily ignore it and wait for real information.

If you've got nothing nice to say stop posting and wasting our time reading it.

I guess you don't like it thrown back at you. I hope you didn't lose too much of the few seconds it took to read the OP. Because this was basically the Crunch.....

Welcome to another edition of the community crunch.  We hope everyone is enjoying their experience on the newly launched Crystal Isles!  The team will be on the lookout for any issues we're seeing in the community.  Meanwhile, lets take a look at some amazing community art while we prepare for upcoming events that will round out the year. 

If you are complaining about your 5 seconds spent reading that as "time wasted" then I worry about what you'd rather spend your precious 5 seconds doing instead.. ?

3 hours ago, GP said:

If you've got nothing nice to say stop posting and wasting our time reading it.

I guess you don't like it thrown back at you. I hope you didn't lose too much of the few seconds it took to read the OP. Because this was basically the Crunch.....

If you are complaining about your 5 seconds spent reading that as "time wasted" then I worry about what you'd rather spend your precious 5 seconds doing instead.. ?

Where is the rest of the Crystal Isles port??? The tameable Crystal Heirs, the crystal griffins, crystal snow owls, embertross, liquid dinos and literally everything else???

• Haha 1