base damage vs actual damage?

crossmr

I've been breeding carnos. I was looking at the wiki. According to the wiki Carnos have  base damage of 35. But both of their attacks are listed as doing 42 damage. shouldn't their base damage be 42? or do their attacks actually do different damage?

or is that base damage number something else entirely?

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

it has % melee which according to wiki is base * melee %dmg.

Screenshot_35.thumb.jpg.765becc06ec65111a7a1f55da8fb95c4.jpg

BUT In real world performance, something like this can happen :

Screenshot_36.thumb.jpg.d05f8b31d856d0d3198cf785406d2af2.jpg

Screenshot_37.thumb.jpg.9c3a05a200159f81017bfffb71ecdf53.jpg

Screenshot_38.thumb.jpg.6f6afd226a0f2498851b245b630e1c2f.jpg

Rip Wild Sarco vs Boss beetle with only 12 dmg output (200%-ish melee*5) :D

I think you are failing to understand the point.

The wiki shows base damage as 35, but also shows the Attack Values as 42 for each type of attack in the table below it.

42 is actually 120% of 35. But the table doesn't state it's based on 120% melee. So it is likely a typo, but is it meant to be 35 or 42. I suspect 35.

4 minutes ago, GP said:

I think you are failing to understand the point.

The wiki shows base damage as 35, but also shows the Attack Values as 42 for each type of attack in the table below it.

42 is actually 120% of 35. But the table doesn't state it's based on 120% melee. So it is likely a typo, but is it meant to be 35 or 42. I suspect 35.

I am failing to understand your point. You should quote TS, not me.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, DonaldDuck said:

and since it is 120% from 35, then my point stands, MELEE * BASE.

And whatever percentage was referred to by TS , it is MELEE * BASE , and NOT 42 as base.

Where do you get 120% melee from that image?

For example the Rex page, Theriz page, etc all show the same base figure. But Carno shows 42 instead of 35.

5 minutes ago, GP said:

Where do you get 120% melee from that image?

For example the Rex page, Theriz page, etc all show the same base figure. But Carno shows 42 instead of 35.

Base is 35 according to base damage wiki, if it is listed as 42 then it must be pulled from a 120% , because it says DAMAGE, not base.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, DonaldDuck said:

Base is 35 according to base damage wiki, if it is listed as 42 then it must be pulled from a 120% , because it says DAMAGE, not base.

Yes but the confusion he's experiencing is because other pages such as Rex, Theriz, etc show the same stat in each box. I.e. Theriz shows 52 on both tables, and Rex shows 62 in both tables, yet Carno shows 2 different numbers in both tables.

So the that's where the confusion is as to whether the base is 35 or 42. I believe it is 35.

But the point is that the table shows different stats when for other creatures it shows the base in both tables.

4 minutes ago, GP said:

Yes but the confusion he's experiencing is because other pages such as Rex, Theriz, etc show the same stat in each box. I.e. Theriz shows 52 on both tables, and Rex shows 62 in both tables, yet Carno shows 2 different numbers in both tables.

So the that's where the confusion is as to whether the base is 35 or 42. I believe it is 35.

But the point is that the table shows different stats when for other creatures it shows the base in both tables.

I see, I believe 35 is the base for Carno too.

Spino is 40, no way a Carno has base higher than a Spino. 

There are patch notes missing. If you look at the patch notes at the bottom of carno it says that the base damage was 30->50 and later on there is another patch note saying damage is increased 25%. 50 + 25%  = 62.5 base.

The same patch note that increased the carno damage increased rex damage 50->80 but there is an "unversioned hotfix" that put it back down. There is no mention of this hotfix on the carno page, but if such a hot fix doesn't exist, it's a complete mystery how it's base damage ended up back at 35 or why its attacks are listed as 42

• Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, crossmr said:

I've been breeding carnos. I was looking at the wiki. According to the wiki Carnos have  base damage of 35. But both of their attacks are listed as doing 42 damage. shouldn't their base damage be 42? or do their attacks actually do different damage?

or is that base damage number something else entirely?

The Carno have a base melee damage of 42 and both of its attack a melee of 35:

OHKwdz2.png

10 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

base * melee %dmg

The outputted damage is much more complex than that. More details:

35 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

The Carno have a base melee damage of 42 and both of its attack a melee of 35:

OHKwdz2.png

The outputted damage is much more complex than that. More details:

Wow so detailed calculation and explanation you posted there about that mosa. 

So base damage isn't representing how strong a dino attack is going to be because there are lots of other modifiers. Even if spino is 40 and Carno 42, Spino will apply a set of modifier taken from carnivore large, since it's a big dino. And some herbivores like Paracer(45) and stego(42) must also have different dmg modifier when hitting something. Base damage isn't to be trusted anymore now lol, or see it as a simplified guideline how strong a dino attack is gonna be, while applying some guesswork whether it's big, small, carnivore, attacking what, etc. Hahah too complex to check one by one but very nice info !! As always, I remember you posted info about breeding stats the other day. 

Btw about X-Dino, how much general buff is applied ? like the one with Aberration with x percent less health and y percent more dmg. I suspect they also get atk speed buff coz raptor is soooo fierce when attacking, like nonstop charging ahead, once a raptor attacking a tamed dino's back, it will act stupid and running around trying to chase the raptor but failing since raptor atk speed is fast attacking the back. But it ever happened with wild theriz too though, or could be just megatherium has long turn. Some dinoes AI are really really stupid, my tames died a lot recently. I encountered several fail dino AI.

Tamed Megatherium 200+ vs wild theriz 90 ish , wild theriz almost won if I didnt save my mega in time with my bear.

Tamed Baryonyx lv 159+ vs wild raptor lv 95, wild raptor won, coz it kept charging at bary's back and killed it

Tamed Sarco 189 vs wild kapro lv 25, wild kapro won, Sarco AI is soo buggy it cannot attack target when target nesting at its mid part of the body. Before dead vs kapro, it fought with a raptor and left with 100 hp almost dead coz again, raptor kept charging at mid part of sarco body and I cannot aim at the raptor (managed to flee in the end but dead anyway coz of this kapro)

Tamed Dung Beetle lv 200+ vs wild Sarco lv 50, as you can see from the screenshot above, sarco is a buggy dino, manually controlled or AI, lost to a dung beetle with only 5 base dmg, what a shame.

Archived