Advise ways to get rid of unwanted babies

SAS

If you're in a big breeding session, switch to PvP and kill them unclaimed. You'll have to switch back to enjoy cryopods, but if you're not going to be slowly killing unclaimed babies over time (like a polymer farm), and just killing a bunch at once, it will work fine. On Extinction, if you don't want to switch, you could throw them into the hot springs in the sulfur fields.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

What about the map border? Extinction map edge insta killed me once, idk about dinos tho... also idk how you would get them to go to the edge, maybe do some tests so you can stand near it with out dying, then unpod them while facing it? That could be a temporary solution while your vault pods are decaying.

There are some relatively convenient places to approach the edge and throw a creature right over it. One wyvern sits there losing 4 hp per tick (a second?) from the total of 8500 while rendered. It hurts a player hard, I'm not sure if ridden dinos take more damage but that one wyvern seems to be cool with it.

1 hour ago, Jay89 said:

Maybe don't mass breed and you won't have this problem of maybe committing mass genocide ?

Also i would be pissed af if someone was mass breeding like that and lagging the server like the special people do

Are 1-5FPS enough? There is a Tek skyscraper in construction too that takes half a minute to load.

I would be not only pissed but panick and unplug my internet cable from my quasi-singleplayer server if somebody "special" managed to log in there.

Until genocide is the only intended option for releasing server resources while breeding I must obey the rules. If a developer reads this please consider a way to erase a creature that would feel non-violent.

7 hours ago, SAS said:

Are 1-5FPS enough? There is a Tek skyscraper in construction too that takes half a minute to load.

I would be not only pissed but panick and unplug my internet cable from my quasi-singleplayer server if somebody "special" managed to log in there.

Until genocide is the only intended option for releasing server resources while breeding I must obey the rules. If a developer reads this please consider a way to erase a creature that would feel non-violent.

LOL!  You are free to develop your own mod to do such a thing.  

Asking for a nice way to make a baby disappear, in a game where the game itself eats your characters.... 

How about, you just pod the baby and put it in data, then forget about it for 24hrs - poof gone.  No blood on your hands, you just throw it in the trash.  Or better yet, put the baby in a pod, toss the pod on the ground and wait for it to disappear, no data transfer needed... there you go, devs already have a built in way to do it w/ no bloodshed.  Or put that pod to good use, and feed it to a gacha... My goodness - where is the creativity!  I've just listed 3 non-violent ways to get rid of unwanted babies in game....

Don't want to lose that many pods? How about you let a batch of pods run out of charge, then charge them for a few minutes and pod the babies, wait for the pods to run out of charge, poof - dino gone, pod still around.  

If you want non-violence, why not pick a game more suited to your sensibilities?

13 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Maybe don't mass breed and you won't have this problem of maybe committing mass genocide ?

Also i would be pissed af if someone was mass breeding like that and lagging the server like the special people do

It's an unofficial server, that's very clear. Read next time. You are not the solution, you're an annoying problem. Your answer is like saying "if you don't use the internet anymore, you won't have to worry about trolls".

On 8/30/2020 at 9:57 PM, GrumpyBear said:

LOL!  You are free to develop your own mod to do such a thing.  

Asking for a nice way to make a baby disappear, in a game where the game itself eats your characters.... 

How about, you just pod the baby and put it in data, then forget about it for 24hrs - poof gone.  No blood on your hands, you just throw it in the trash.  Or better yet, put the baby in a pod, toss the pod on the ground and wait for it to disappear, no data transfer needed... there you go, devs already have a built in way to do it w/ no bloodshed.  Or put that pod to good use, and feed it to a gacha... My goodness - where is the creativity!  I've just listed 3 non-violent ways to get rid of unwanted babies in game....

Don't want to lose that many pods? How about you let a batch of pods run out of charge, then charge them for a few minutes and pod the babies, wait for the pods to run out of charge, poof - dino gone, pod still around.  

If you want non-violence, why not pick a game more suited to your sensibilities?

You have a good addition with feeding cryopods to Gacha.

As you may have noticed the whole topic is about workarounds for having no intended ways of recycling babies while breeding on a server with no friendly fire.

If a team member reads it and the team decides there should be a way why wouldn't I give my suggestions? The gamerules imply no harming owned creatures. I follow the philosophy of such a playstyle to the breeding activity. It may be any kind of solution though.

I enjoy releasing emotional tension causing virtual violence sometimes. It's called Catharsis. I enjoy living a virtual life with my tamed magnificent creatures too. I'm loyal irl and would never slaughter kittens, for example. If the developers say the game philosophy intends it to be a certain way I'm ok with either and would mass murder my own baby dinos with cold heart. If the team decides enabling an aspect of mass breeding on no friendly fire server isn't a priority it's ok too.

tl;dr: no friendly fire -> suggesting QOL for breeding

4 hours ago, ArkRage said:

Idk..I just kill them :( breaks my little ark heart.  I remember when I was a noob I bred some brontos, and realised it would take the p to raise the baby. I led it outside my base and unclaimed it. The poor thing just waddled along to meet its.. well, we both know what would have happened ? lol. 

And don't even get me started on slaughtering the ovis.. ?

I killed a baby snow owl recently, and put its skin on a taxidermy base, as a way to "remember" it. Yes, I'm insane.  The bloody thing despawned when I didn't log on for a few days. I wouldn't recommend doing that with babies tho. It was like 1cm tall lmao

A good point there! Ovis have a radial menu option to slaughter them that ignores no friendly fire and their health. They are intended to be breed and killed.

There are some things in the game that were tested on one dino and haven't make it to all the creatures yet. A few examples: training Managarmrs, speed imprinting bonus on Snow Owl (flyer), slaughter Ovis etc.

I hope they have been collecting usage statistics of those one-of-a-kind QOL features and one day they will be general use options.

6 minutes ago, SAS said:

speed imprinting bonus on Snow Owl (flyer)

Is it still true ? In the Imprinting page, the wiki says :

Mountable flying creatures will not receive an imprinting bonus to movement speed. (Excluding the Snow Owl until patch PC - 304.44)

I don't have a Snow Owl yet so I can't test by myself, sorry.

4 minutes ago, Elgar said:

Is it still true ? In the Imprinting page, the wiki says :

I don't have a Snow Owl yet so I can't test by myself, sorry.

Then it wasn't intended. It's sad. F

v304.44 - 1/11/20

Fixed a bug which would cause the Snow Owl heat vision to cause other clients FPS to drop when around large bases or a lot of creaturesAdded additional server-side protection to Explorer Notes to prevent cheaters from acquiring them with hacks

Nothing in the changelog. Now I want to test it myself and look into Dev Kit data too.

Archived