Advise ways to get rid of unwanted babies

SAS

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, lordbufu said:

Since its your own server, turn on PvP and eat them with another dino when unclaimed, you might have to change a few other settings (like remove cryosickness) to ballance it out.

That's how i do it anyways, swap to PvP for breeding and back to PvE for normal play, great way of leveling dino's ?

I used to have PvP everywhere with necessary adjustments but I didn't find any solutions for not damaging OSDs and Element Nodes. Are there any rarely discussed settings for neutral structures friendly fire?

My preferences is to put them into a cryopod and upload to Ark Data.  They'll be gone in 24 hours.

Or: Put them out in the wild somewhere and unclaim them - or put them on passive.  They'll get eaten.

Or: If they have Oxygen stats, lead them into deep water.  

Or: Take them out of range of all troughs.  They'll starve.

1 minute ago, Larkfields said:

My preferences is to put them into a cryopod and upload to Ark Data.  They'll be gone in 24 hours.

Or: Put them out in the wild somewhere and unclaim them - or put them on passive.  They'll get eaten.

Or: If they have Oxygen stats, lead them into deep water.  

Or: Take them out of range of all troughs.  They'll starve.

It's a little longer than 24h here :) 67.5 years (2130000000 seconds).

There are hordes of passive wyverns in Forbidden Zone. They feel just ok while not rendered. When I would get far with health mutations they would be able to tank bosses on passive.

They have Oxygen for a reason but are unable to dive under the water as most other fliers.

I may calculate server population in the later case. The food value divided by idle food decrease rate multiplied by the pace new babies are born. I feel like the total dino count would add a digit or two :)

10 minutes ago, SAS said:

I used to have PvP everywhere with necessary adjustments but I didn't find any solutions for not damaging OSDs and Element Nodes. Are there any rarely discussed settings for neutral structures friendly fire?

Not that i know of sadly enough, but the benefits of PvP (cave building for example) can be added to your configs/launch options, so you only have to swap back for long winded baby killing sessions.

37 minutes ago, lordbufu said:

Not that i know of sadly enough, but the benefits of PvP (cave building for example) can be added to your configs/launch options, so you only have to swap back for long winded baby killing sessions.

Caves are buildable either way. There is an option for PvP/PvE schedule. I play ARK to control anxiety, giga taming are ok but schedule is bad. Is there any non-admin way to quickly toggle it in-game as a player? Like voting or agreed tribe warfare or anything like that but for changing gamemode?

34 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

Add a map to the cluster.  Transfer all the unwanted dinos, then delete the new map.

Not optimal to delete a map. It works as a PvP map for bloody sacrifices of dragon babies to Dark gods. The map could be used for having a battle arena like Colosseum too. It would be ok to transfer one full inventory of frozen creatures (<=299 pods) but it won't be easy if it'd become a 4-digit number.

31 minutes ago, TiTmellais666 said:

Or take em to OSD drop location so meteor will wipe them XD

Meteor impact is too small to wipe out a horde. The thing I haven't really weighted in is Titan fights. I know little about them, could I try a Titan fight to send thousands of cannon fodder to the sure death? Do cryopods work there? Are there dino limits? How dangerous are Titans if you are prepared but casual and relaxed? Can you end the battle at any time without penalty?

3 hours ago, SAS said:

It would make the most intense fights more stressful as I would become a larger threat to myself then enemy. I have bad memories killing my dinos with my own hands. No more cleaning dinos out of pests with an ascendant pike.

You would only be able to damage them when you are on foot or with the vern range attack.

Doesnt seem like a big problem to me, but have fun with your 2k cryos then :P

2 hours ago, SAS said:

Caves are buildable either way. There is an option for PvP/PvE schedule. I play ARK to control anxiety, giga taming are ok but schedule is bad. Is there any non-admin way to quickly toggle it in-game as a player? Like voting or agreed tribe warfare or anything like that but for changing gamemode?

I should have said all caves, since with the new maps, not all caves have build restrictions any more ?

There are a few more subtle differences between PvP and PvE mode, but i forgot where to find that list, they are tagged with "PVE" on the configuration list on the wiki though.

Either way, besides making a schedule or rebooting and disabling PvE, there is no other way to swap game modes that i am aware of.

I get rid of all my unwanted T-rex babys a few different ways. 

I put them in cryo pods and fly them up the volcano and release them. They walk into the lava and kill themselves. 

And sometimes just for fun, I bring them to the mountains and whistle them to attack a giga. They don't last very long. 

Most of my other unwanted babys get dropped off in dangerous areas and left on passive. They get killed fairly fast if you stay in the area.

11 minutes ago, cobrasno1 said:

I get rid of all my unwanted T-rex babys a few different ways. 

I put them in cryo pods and fly them up the volcano and release them. They walk into the lava and kill themselves. 

And sometimes just for fun, I bring them to the mountains and whistle them to attack a giga. They don't last very long. 

Most of my other unwanted babys get dropped off in dangerous areas and left on passive. They get killed fairly fast if you stay in the area.

He is on Ext so no access to vulcano... But corrupted giga sounds fun XD

7 hours ago, SAS said:

Low charge cryopods is a very interesting idea! I crafted like 2k+ cryopods with fridges for them, will give it a try.

Blink rifle isn't a normal gameplay tool.

That's a pretty silly response considering this...

"My server is boosted. Mating duration is 12 seconds, average mating cooldown is 20 minutes, one full rise is 1:32 hours:minutes and eggs hatch after 20 minutes. Tamed dinos are 3x more resistant and do 3x more damage. Harvesting is 6x. "

Nothing you're doing is "normal gameplay", so you should be more than willing to use other non-normal tools to solve your problem.

1) Blink rifle

2) Admin commands to kill what you don't want

3) A mod that includes a kill tool (S+ has one of these, and there are others).

There is no normal gameplay tool that will solve your problem, you're going to need to use something non-normal.

11 hours ago, SAS said:

Advise ways to get rid of unwanted babies

If the process could be set up to be continuous and not painful to do it might take a year or more instead of eternity.

Could the collective mind of ARK community give me better advises for baby genocide and other things with breeding for mutations?

I have a mind to play like you do.
My suggestion would be to upload to the terminal, a sacrifice to the gods if you dont download them.
Limited to 20 uploads however. Edit upon reading first page: 67 years hmm... ok not that then.

Another suggestion (tho somewhat expensive) Put into cryopods, and drop them. The gods of decay will enjoy the sacrifice.

Or sacrifice to a lava god, if your map has lava. Edit: oh.. no lava, extinction only Hmm.

Underwater could work too if they have oxy stat. An underwater area with some Tek cube things, then disable the Tek genny, solid roof overhead so they cant bob to the surface. Davy Jones' locker, in Ark. But idk if there's any deep-enough areas on Extinction.

Edit to add: The boss fights on Extinction I dont know... I know on official, if tames enter a boss arena without a player, they are insta-killed upon entry to the arena, but that takes time to get materials and ugh, limited to 20 tames.

Can you use Blood Syringes on your tames with your settings? You could drain them to death.

P.S. Dont mind Joe, he tends to be a troll sometimes, pay him little mind.... or name a wyvern affter him, and drop it in a Volcano. Joe Vs the Volcano, I wonder who'll win. I kid. Silly Joe. Trix are for... oh wait. Wrong product. Maybe a Dilo will be more.... oh. Ran outta jokes. MyBad.

11 hours ago, SAS said:

It's like forever alone server for me, I and myself.

Do you have a side account? You could set things up to have another tribe, enable tribe wars and slaughter the genetic defects.
Perhaps auto-decay could work? Official PvE will auto-delete tames after 7 days inactivity, so you could unclaim them and set decay timers to eat them up. I'm not sure how far you wish to bend things, but that is another idea I thought of. I might come up with more options for I too like a server to be played like you yourself and yours seems to enjoy.

I wish you luck with your Ark Adventures.
I admire your playstyle. I like it.

Has wyvern breath been mentioned? In pve official that over rides friendly fire. I have in the past taken cryopods out to a large empty spot in my yard (far from any valuable tames), unpod dozens of unwanted babies in a big heap, then come fly over with a wyvern and blast em. Can also get a lot of xp from it, but not for the wyvern just for player.

(I got a new job, yay!)

Thanks for many good suggestions and a constructive discussion. I'll try to comment on some of your points to not make my post too long.

Cryopod solutions either discharged "fast killing machines" or disposable new crafted are instant solution right at the place. The same kind as killing them with weapons or dinos. I put 2100 cryopods in vaults to "spoil". Are there intended, unintended but not exploitative or admin-only ways to speed up cryopod discharging?

The idea with a poison looks interesting to test. I'll try organic polymer. Are there other poisons? I might try some health damaging custom recipes too.

Wyvern's breath somehow doesn't do any damage. It might be the PvE plus no friendly fire combination.

I don't mind trolling without aggression or malicious intent. Since you mentioned it I might tame a Pegomastax, name it after Joe, put on aggressive and release in a noob zone where he will live thug live forever ?

A few notes. No alt account. Aberration has dangerous hazards but although I can use wyverns there I try not to, respecting the map's restrictions. I would need to butcher around 200 000 wyverns, many of whom will become mature at the time of disposal. Fast liquidation of carried babies in cryopods limits the pace of mass execution to 260-299 souls per run. My intent is to try setting up the breeding "body conveyor" to have all 6 mutations cycle every few days which would mean getting rid of thousands innocent children per week.

(I got a new job, yay!)

The idea with a poison looks interesting to test. I'll try organic polymer. Are there other poisons? I might try some health damaging custom recipes too.

Consuming poison like organic polymer or corrupted nodules only damages players when eaten, has no effect on dinosaurs.
Consuming custom recipes also only affects stamina for dinos, they dont get any health gain or loss from them.

2 hours ago, SAS said:

Wyvern's breath somehow doesn't do any damage. It might be the PvE plus no friendly fire combination.

Did you try with a Wyvern of another kind ? Don't forget that a Wyvern is immunized against breaths from its own species. A Tropical Crystal Wyvern will get no damage from another Tropical Crystal Wyvern's breath, but it will be damaged by a Blood or Ember Wyvern's breath.

1 hour ago, Elgar said:

Did you try with a Wyvern of another kind ? Don't forget that a Wyvern is immunized against breaths from its own species. A Tropical Crystal Wyvern will get no damage from another Tropical Crystal Wyvern's breath, but it will be damaged by a Blood or Ember Wyvern's breath.

I tried Fire, Lightning and Poison. For lightning I stood under the beam so it went through my body and it didn't even harm my character.

Archived