Advise ways to get rid of unwanted babies

SAS

Advise ways to get rid of unwanted babies

I started my first large breeding project. I'm breeding Tropical Crystal Wyverns for max mutations. When it will go past 20 mutations on fathers the process will give ~300 "wrong" babies per a right mutation. I would like to discuss how to mass slaughter these innocent dragon children for the sake of eugenics selection:Jerbcry:

My server is boosted. Mating duration is 12 seconds, average mating cooldown is 20 minutes, one full rise is 1:32 hours:minutes and eggs hatch after 20 minutes. Tamed dinos are 3x more resistant and do 3x more damage. Harvesting is 6x.

I breed 60 clean females and 6 mutated males in the east of sanctuary city on Extinction. The server is PvE without friendly fire. The only mods are Super Spyglass and Aweome Spyglass to assist with taming and breeding. This means I can't hurt my creatures and I have no "euthanasia guns". Sulfur fields acidic water does close to no damage, being outside the map takes about 4 hp per second. Forbidden zone isn't effective enough (on neutral my sacrificial wyverns clear the area out of gigas and other dinos after a few minutes with some casualties. On passive they are quite bulky too and it's only the beginning of the mutation chain). Lava pools are OK but I'm not sure there is any lava on Extinction.

I've started the breeding project recently, haven't had many mutations yet. The final non-imprinted unleveled stats will be 50044 HP (equivalent to 150131 HP on 1x resistance) and 2135 damage per bite. Those beasts won't go down in a fight and anything except percent based damage or instant kill will hurt them less than a scratch.

(For those who are interested they will be 60210 HP imprinted, not leveled (180629 HP taking into account resistance, 258041 "HP" when ridden), 5760 damage per bite, 7488 when ridden (+73 levels in damage), 4467 stamina, not leveled, 10515 weight (+15 levels, server boost is 6.34x per level multiplier))

My best idea to the moment is to freeze them and throw out cryopods to decompose. It would take thousands of wasted cryopods but I might survive through that due to 6x harvesting on my server and recent 2x core game boost.

The process has to be optimized as much as possible or it would take years and decades of estimated time to completion otherwise. 1800 eggs should be produced every 10 hours. It's the average for a 6 mutations cycle. I would need 107-110 mutations in each of 6 stats. If the process could be set up to be continuous and not painful to do it might take a year or more instead of eternity.

Could the collective mind of ARK community give me better advises for baby genocide and other things with breeding for mutations?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SAS said:

Any acceptable way should be available to any (imaginary) regular user. I set up the rules and I try to obey them. No fun playing cheatfeast. It devalues effort.

Then try to run vanilla settings ? with friendly fire... This kind of boosts is more cheating for me than killing unwanted bbies in SP with BR

Just now, TiTmellais666 said:

Then try to run vanilla settings ? with friendly fire... This kind of boosts is more cheating for me than killing unwanted bbies in SP with BR

Compare me playing alone every now and then to a tribe on official who has online cooperating members 24/7. Who would have better experience? It's the only reasoning behind my settings.

BTW an offtopic question. Could settings be not "vanilla" if they are set up in a vanilla game?

1 minute ago, SAS said:

Compare me playing alone every now and then to a tribe on official who has online cooperating members 24/7. Who would have better experience? It's the only reasoning behind my settings.

BTW an offtopic question. Could settings be not "vanilla" if they are set up in a vanilla game?

Fair enough...

By vanilla i meant not boosted multiplied increased etc anything...

Just now, TiTmellais666 said:

Fair enough...

By vanilla i meant not boosted multiplied increased etc anything...

I tried to not spoil my experience with inadequately easy settings. Essentially they're 3x when something depends on a tribe size (adjusting experience to be like playing with 2 tribemates) and 10x when something requires always online server i.e. time-dependent.

1 minute ago, SAS said:

I tried to not spoil my experience with inadequately easy settings. Essentially they're 3x when something depends on a tribe size (adjusting experience to be like playing with 2 tribemates) and 10x when something requires always online server i.e. time-dependent.

As I said fair enough... Not played SP only to explore map in GCM 

4 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Does wyvern element breath work aith friendly fire off ? I always used to use a lightning wyvern to clean up unwanted babies in PvE but I can't remeber the server settings we had for that. Probably not but I thought it was worth a shout.

Hmm that might work... as your own lighting wyve still kill u if u dismount while beaming... Worth a try

11 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Does wyvern element breath work aith friendly fire off ? I always used to use a lightning wyvern to clean up unwanted babies in PvE but I can't remeber the server settings we had for that. Probably not but I thought it was worth a shout.

Nah, didn't hurt neither me nor my wyvern. Tested it just now.

12 minutes ago, Baklap said:

I would just turn on friendly fire, only thing it changes is that you can damage your dinos/imaginary tribemates.

Then just park a lightning vern at your hatching grounds.

It would make the most intense fights more stressful as I would become a larger threat to myself then enemy. I have bad memories killing my dinos with my own hands. No more cleaning dinos out of pests with an ascendant pike.

Archived