Theif's on PVE

Bru

Theif's on PVE

Why can other players take your titan tame or after you work all day to kill the gamma king titan, another player can just take all the stuff out of the terminal INCLUDING the gamma trophy you need for the next step and you get nothing for it. Is that ok with the developers? I have made comments on this before. So why on PVE is someone able to drag your body into the water for a quick kill and why do they have the ability to open a cache of items that does not belong to them? Tell me what you think, and if you think they should try and change. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Bru said:

Not asking if you think ark is hard or easy...That's a different Topic all together. Maybe you show read it again so you can get the "True" question Joe.

I can show read it again.

My comment will still be a joking comment that has nothing to do with how "hard" the game is to play.

It will still fly over your head.

9 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Old topic is old.

Ark is hard.

Wow does that ever miss the point.

1) A topic can be "old" and still be valid, there are lots of those on these forums because WildCard has some terrible idea about player care and customer service.

2) People stealing in PvE has absolutely nothing to do with ARK being "hard", it just means that their implementation of PvE is still misguided and wrong. The entire point of PvE, in any game, even a survival game, is that it is the job of the game to prevent players from interfering with other players as much as possible. And giving players the ability to steal from each other in PvE completely fails to meet that criterion. WildCard should definitely do everything they can to make the gameplay in PvE as hard as possible, but having other players grief/steal/interfere is not gameplay, that's just a lazy, careless game publisher.

Griefing/stealing in PvE is just a cowards response to PvP, people who don't have the guts to play PvP and face the risk of getting wrecked.

As long a game has flaws and failings players should keep complaining no matter how "old" a topic is. The only reason this topic is old is that WildCard has continually failed to step up and fix the many failings with their PvE game mode. That was understandable five years ago, when they were still new at this, especially considering that ARK was fundamentally conceived as a PvP game and it takes a lot of careful thought to implement a PvP game in PvE mode. But those excuses are long gone, WildCard hasn't been "new" for years now, and if this topic is old then only WildCard is to blame, not the players complaining about their failings.

You've given a lot of good answers and helpful responses to a lot of people on these forums, but this particular reply looks like a moderator who's gotten burned out and is becoming just as callous about player care and customer service as WildCard is.

17 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

The entire point of PvE, in any game, even a survival game, is that it is the job of the game to prevent players from interfering with other players as much as possible.

I agree, And I believe I have commented years ago how I do not feel that it is proper in PvE for a game to allow another player to grief another player by dragging their body. Why body dragging non-tribemates is still "allowed"? Why just why? I wonder this too. Why is beyond my comprehension. and knowledge. I feel it is inappropriate to allow non-tribes (aka strangers) to be able to loot other player's death bags, or drag their bodies.

Stranger interaction with other player's bodies, property and death cashes should not be allowed by default. An option to disable non-tribe, non ally body dragging should be included in PvE. Not having this option is going against what PvE should be. PvE should be non PvP. For us to have to protect ourselves from other player's, I strongly feel is against the nature of non-PvP. Body dragging by strangers should not be allowed. Looting another player's death cashe should not be allowed!

17 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

this particular reply looks like a moderator who's gotten burned out and is becoming just as callous about player care and customer service as WildCard is.

Joe's attitude like this has shown up many times before, nothing new :/

I feel that a volunteer moderator shouldnt be making jokes or sarcasm, especially when someone is posting a thread where they are expressing uncomfortableness from possible hurt from loss and frustration for things they dont want.

Feels like rubbing salt in a wound.

On 8/27/2020 at 12:01 PM, Aylana314159 said:

Other humans will find ways to grief people in multiplayer online games, that just a fact.

That's not an excuse for allowing it, it is the job of the game publisher to reduce and prevent griefing in PvE as much as they possibly can.

There are many anti-griefing issues that WC could have addressed years ago, yet they continue to refuse/fail to address problems with how PvE works in their game. That's just a fact.

35 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

That's not an excuse for allowing it, it is the job of the game publisher to reduce and prevent griefing in PvE as much as they possibly can.

I disagree. It's an open world survival game. It would have been better for WC to leave official servers as PvP only, since that's what the game was designed for.

Adding a bunch of systems to inhibit griefing in PvE would remove most of the open world survival concept.

On 8/27/2020 at 7:38 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

Old topic is old.

Ark is hard.

Ha ha ha, wow, what a nice attitude !

I find it unsettling to see a moderator on the official forum allowing himself to be sarcastic towards a player

On 8/27/2020 at 9:10 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

It will still fly over your head.

... and even insulting. Unbelievable and sad.

25 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I disagree. It's an open world survival game. It would have been better for WC to leave official servers as PvP only, since that's what the game was designed for.

That ship sailed a long time ago, and beyond that you're missing the point.

The reason that WC didn't "leave official servers as PvP only" was because of player/customer demand, they are a business after all. WC very quickly learned that people who play PvE have money too (big shock!, it's the same lesson that many games have learned over the years when they tried to be PvP only) and those people wanted to be able to play ARK in PvE mode. If you were WC you would have done it to, because money is good. Whether you, personally, want to play PvE or not is completely immaterial, their money spends just as well as yours and people have every right to tell WC, "I'll be happy to give you money if you make a PvE mode of the game."

If you don't like PvE and don't want PvE that's certainly your right, it's your preference, but it's not your right to tell people who want a true-PvE game mode that they don't have a right to want hat they want. Again, their money is just as important as yours. You can spend your money to play the PvP game mode that you like, and PvE players should be able to spend their money to play the PvE game mode that they like.

Every game with a PvE mode understands that there are cowards who try to grief other players in PvE, because in every game there are some people who just don't have the guts to face PvP honestly. Just like every game has people who try to cheat. It is the responsibility of the game publisher to do as much as they can to prevent cheating and to make their PvE game mode true-PvE, not fake-PvP. What the vast majority of PvE players want is true-PvE, that's what they're paying for and that's what they want.

25 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Adding a bunch of systems to inhibit griefing in PvE would remove most of the open world survival concept.

That's complete nonsense. Neither "survival" nor "open world" have anything to do with griefing or not-griefing.

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

It would have been better for WC to leave official servers as PvP only

Not "better" to me, Ark would be worse, and I wouldnt even be here.

Amusement of others misery is not in my nature, and never will be.
*unlike some people cough cough*
To each their own.

P.S. Edit to add: idk all the work he does behind the scenes, maybe invaluable to the staff, so maybe WC puts up with his verbal banter in favor of the moderation help he maybe providing, like, oh... moving threads to their proper locations *I see that notification*

Like people who make billion dollar mistakes... if they are good enough, you put up with the bad for all the good that is there.
Facts of Ark, erm Life? Maybe. I'm still trying to figure this one out myself.
To play or not to play... I follow my heart.

• Volunteer Moderator

@LEDminer Perfect example of why things are the way they are.

The wild dino pickup by flyers was widely abused in PVE before they disabled it.

There's no way to make a game this "free" and make it people proof at the same time. Each open, persistent-world mechanic allows for griefing by clever players. If you removed each and every mechanic used to bother other players you would have a game that looks nothing like Ark with the creative freedoms it provides.

4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

There's no way to make a game this "free" and make it people proof at the same time. Each open, persistent-world mechanic allows for griefing by clever players. If you removed each and every mechanic used to bother other players you would have a game that looks nothing like Ark with the creative freedoms it provides

Exactly.

For PvE everyone could have their own safe private pocket dimension (instance), then just meet up on the Arks when they want to interact. But then it would be like other MMOs instead of open world.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Exactly.

For PvE everyone could have their own safe private pocket dimension (instance), then just meet up on the Arks when they want to interact. But then it would be like other MMOs instead of open world.

It's a balancing act for sure. People need to be careful what they ask for.

I used to be exclusively a pvp player, and reading the forum, I had this totally false falsidical view that pve was super full of griefers. I read multiple threads comparing pve to pvp and loads of pve players complaining about how awful pve was due to the griefing. Having switched about halfway through my ark career to now being pretty much exclusively pve... I was shocked at how tame pve was. Sure some of my stuff got stolen here and there, but lol it is no where near as bad as people make it seem based on all the salt that has been poured into these forums over the years. Sure there is probably some ways to make it more pve than it already is, and sure wild card maybe ought to look into them if they have the time, but personally I don't care if they do.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I used to be exclusively a pvp player, and reading the forum, I had this totally false falsidical view that pve was super full of griefers. I read multiple threads comparing pve to pvp and loads of pve players complaining about how awful pve was due to the griefing. Having switched about halfway through my ark career to now being pretty much exclusively pve... I was shocked at how tame pve was. Sure some of my stuff got stolen here and there, but lol it is no where near as bad as people make it seem based on all the salt that has been poured into these forums over the years. Sure there is probably some ways to make it more pve than it already is, and sure wild card maybe ought to look into them if they have the time, but personally I don't care if they do.

A lot of the problem is most if not all greifing in PVE can be prevented by players playing the game like the dangerous world it's supposed to be.

If you played it like it's PVP, PVE players really can't do much to you. Body dragging? Log off in your bed in the middle of your base away from walls.

You shouldn't have to do that in PVE you say? Well I shouldn't have to keep my doors locked in real life since entering my home when you don't live here is illegal. Expect and prepare for the worst in people and they can't do much to you.

Archived