Remove Basilisk and other Aberrant dinos on Crystal Isles

EliasxTemari

Suggestion

The new crystal isles map takes on even more content from the aberration dlc, because it doesn't erase creatures such as the basilisk and others like the aberrant megalosaurus, arthropluera, purlovia, manta, etc. What's the point of playing a paid dlc if they include the same content in a free one? ... At this rate the next map will have the drakes that the poor, and the reapers, want so much. At least the crystal isles z plants don't bear fruit, so there would be aberration for them and for the dinos that weren't included in the free dlcs. They stupid poor lamprey, making the crystals that give element fragments, also give all the gems of aberration ... there is no reason to get into aberration,valguero and go to radiation with a lamprey for red gems ...

17 replies to this server topic

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

You would have to wait years after a paid DLC for the content to get into a free mod DLC.

Honestly you can just spawn everything in single player mode and not pay for any DLC. That's both free and easy.

Almost everything i think

i don't think you can spawn a Reaper queen on the island

On 8/26/2020 at 3:53 PM, EliasxTemari said:

The new crystal isles map takes on even more content from the aberration dlc, because it doesn't erase creatures such as the basilisk and others like the aberrant megalosaurus, arthropluera, purlovia, manta, etc. What's the point of playing a paid dlc if they include the same content in a free one?

You're really not understanding the progress of the game.

Paid > Free  > Paid > Free, that's basically the pattern of the game. The people who want to get to new content first pay for the DLC, get the new Official map, and then they have the advantages from that content until the next free map comes out. When the new free map comes out that lets everyone experience the new animals even if they don't want to go to the paid map, and the people who had the new stuff first still have an advantage because they've had the paid DLC for a long time. This allows both hardcore and casual players the ability to eventually experience all of the content but gives the hardcore players the satisfaction of being on the leading edge of new stuff and more powerful animals.

This is how the game has worked from the very beginning.

Island - Paid. When it was new it was hard.

Center - Free. Made the game easier by making some of the really hard stuff from Island easier to get.

Scorched Earth - Paid. New powerful animals. Made the game harder again if you wanted the challenge of trying to survive on SE.

Ragnarok - Free. Even if a player didn't own SE they gained access to all of the content from Island, Center & Ragnarok.

Aberration - Paid. New powerful animals for the players who wanted to be hardcore & cutting edge.

...and so on. This is the pattern of how the game works and always has worked.

WildCard does a very good job of giving players both the carrot and the stick. If players want to be cutting edge/hardcore/first then they need to pay for each Paid DLC when it's new, but then everyone else can get to that content eventually when the next free map comes out, or when the Paid DLC goes on sale.

Essentially, everybody wins (especially WildCard  $ka-ching$ ).

On 8/30/2020 at 6:44 PM, EliasxTemari said:

I'm talking about the spawns of those dinos, the basilisk may not be domesticated in ci, but if you steal a drake or magma egg from someone, or take it to ci, you size it on that map and you have a better chance of being the best level, due to the fact that the spawn is increased from all dinos in ci. The aberrant megalosaurus is easier to tame in ci by not having the night buff always active. The Element Ore even easier, with a dunkleo you farm a lot without getting into the radiation. You get the red gem super easy there and it is not necessary to get Abb or Valguero in the radiation for it (not even in extinction is that easy ...) Like I said, they keep getting exclusives still, people are going to be crying soon that they can tame basilisks with crystal wyverns eggs ...

The Aberrant Dinos aren't much better than their normal counterparts, they just look different. It really isn't an issue that they are on CI. Element is available in some capacity on all maps, so that is also a non-issue. Red Gems aren't worth a whole lot, and I'm fairly certain Gachas can produce Red Sap, which is a substitute for Red Gems. 

Aberration has been out for a while now, I think it's time to start distributing its content. Reaper Queens and Abb Alphas should be the exclusive content(and by extent, tameable Reapers). Honestly, I think they should make Reaper Queens into a tameable creature in the same tier as the Giga and Titan, that would be a decent boost to popularity. Nameless should be added to the areas of maps that need them so there's a reason to have Charge pets. 

Now, we can have Crystal Drakes and Griffins(Odd that we didn't get Crystal Griffins, seeing as how they came from a free map to start), and tameable Basilisks on CI. 

The only DLC I don't think should distribute content are Extinction(Because all the new creatures are technically natural and not made on Arks) and Genesis 1-2 because of how new they are(Gen 2 isn't even out yet). 

18 hours ago, EliasxTemari said:

The new crystal isles map takes on even more content from the aberration dlc, because it doesn't erase creatures such as the basilisk and others like the aberrant megalosaurus, arthropluera, purlovia, manta, etc. What's the point of playing a paid dlc if they include the same content in a free one? ... At this rate the next map will have the drakes that the poor, and the reapers, want so much. At least the crystal isles z plants don't bear fruit, so there would be aberration for them and for the dinos that weren't included in the free dlcs. They stupid poor lamprey, making the crystals that give element fragments, also give all the gems of aberration ... there is no reason to get into aberration,valguero and go to radiation with a lamprey for red gems ...

i agree with you somewhat but the difference is that you can't tame the basilisk on CI (at least not yet) 

but there are other reason to go to Aberation unlike another map *cough* scorched earth *cough* there are other reasons to go to aberration!

Reapers, Drakes, glowtails, boss fight, drops and Plant Z plants!

What i think they should have done is keep some of Ab animals and make new versions of other Animals! like the a Blood basilisk (he is like a blood wyvern but stronger) 

but i do agree with you on the resources, they should be harder to get! 

(in fact i was going to make a post saying, new things to add to Scorched earth)

11 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

The Aberrant Dinos aren't much better than their normal counterparts, they just look different. It really isn't an issue that they are on CI. Element is available in some capacity on all maps, so that is also a non-issue. Red Gems aren't worth a whole lot, and I'm fairly certain Gachas can produce Red Sap, which is a substitute for Red Gems. 

Aberration has been out for a while now, I think it's time to start distributing its content. Reaper Queens and Abb Alphas should be the exclusive content(and by extent, tameable Reapers). Honestly, I think they should make Reaper Queens into a tameable creature in the same tier as the Giga and Titan, that would be a decent boost to popularity. Nameless should be added to the areas of maps that need them so there's a reason to have Charge pets. 

Now, we can have Crystal Drakes and Griffins(Odd that we didn't get Crystal Griffins, seeing as how they came from a free map to start), and tameable Basilisks on CI. 

The only DLC I don't think should distribute content are Extinction(Because all the new creatures are technically natural and not made on Arks) and Genesis 1-2 because of how new they are(Gen 2 isn't even out yet). 

I agree with you to a certain extent! like the crystal drakes and a griffins! what they should have done is give them different abilities compared to their other counterparts like the crystal Griffin could get a buff in the sun! and has some Armor! and the crystal Drake could grow Armor out of crystals for a short amount of time but they are slower and they need primal crystals to feed as babys!  but the Extinction i agree but i also disagree!

CI Had Extinction dinos but i have a feeling wild card took them out due to 1 thing. the Mek! if extinction dinos where on the map you would need to unlock the saddles, and that would give players a ability to unlock meks with extinction! my solution to this is to lock all the Tek like stuff on the extinction Engram list! but allow you to unlock the primitive stuff like saddles! or maybe you need to just find a Blueprint!

and for lore reasons i guess it makes sense but in gameplay not so much. what i think they should do is make "different types" of animals so it gives a reason to go on one map and another. examples lets say they add a map that is Ice and forest bases!

• Ice Velo: this thing as more health, less stamina and has Ice and orange pods on him! then you fire he shoots Red hot Spikes that move slower but deal more damage! it also takes more stamina!
  • Glacersaur: its like a magmasaur but instead of Fire its Ice and he can flash freeze compostable items so they will not rot, but they can't harvest rock!
  • Forest owl: This owl is green and has Plants growing all over him and he can Carpet bomb animals with Plant Species X Bombs! and can Posion near by dinos! but has less HP and can't heal!
  • SoalerGarmer: this Glowing Managarmer uses the power of the sun and shoots Hot Rays that slowly burn dinos!  its weak in a cave or the darkness but stronger in the Light!

thats just a Some examples 

On 8/30/2020 at 7:44 PM, EliasxTemari said:

I'm talking about the spawns of those dinos, the basilisk may not be domesticated in ci, but if you steal a drake or magma egg from someone, or take it to ci, you size it on that map and you have a better chance of being the best level, due to the fact that the spawn is increased from all dinos in ci. The aberrant megalosaurus is easier to tame in ci by not having the night buff always active. The Element Ore even easier, with a dunkleo you farm a lot without getting into the radiation. You get the red gem super easy there and it is not necessary to get Abb or Valguero in the radiation for it (not even in extinction is that easy ...) Like I said, they keep getting exclusives still, people are going to be crying soon that they can tame basilisks with crystal wyverns eggs ...

Most modded maps make the game easier.

WC really should make some storyline only clusters. Or even time-released clusters.

25 minutes ago, Udam said:

SoalerGarmer: this Glowing Managarmer uses the power of the sun and shoots Hot Rays that slowly burn dinos!  its weak in a cave or the darkness but stronger in the Light!

I've always pondered on a "Fire" Managarmer for the Sulfur Fields of Extinction, mostly because I thought that area had so much potential. 

12 hours ago, EliasxTemari said:

How would I enjoy the map that I pay if they leave the same content for free and in easier ways to get?

You would have to wait years after a paid DLC for the content to get into a free mod DLC.

Honestly you can just spawn everything in single player mode and not pay for any DLC. That's both free and easy.

I paid for every DLC, I don't care which dino's they spawn on whichever maps. Who would? 

Map exclusive dino's are traded as soon as you can transfer them off anyway. Those people trading for those dino's, it is unlikely they'd tame themselves if they had the map, anyway. Maybe a few would. 

Why play Ab? It has an Ascension boss fight and still is the best map to farm metal.

There's no rhyme or reason to your argument. You lose nothing.

18 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

Rock drakes and reapers. And you need either Aberration or Genesis to actually tame the basilisks. This thread is pointless. 

How would I enjoy the map that I pay if they leave the same content for free and in easier ways to get? Selfish is complaining about something that should be exclusive to that paid dlc? In genesis at least you have to pay to tame basilisks for example, there is no complaint, but we are talking about paid creatures that many of us buy for them ... Putting them for free like they did in crystal isles is a laugh in the face, and no one will go to aberration because of the new free map, except for drake eggs and for reapers next to z plants. Even basilisk spawn is better on crystal isles than paid ones ...

On 8/27/2020 at 11:57 AM, Udam said:

i agree with you somewhat but the difference is that you can't tame the basilisk on CI (at least not yet) 

but there are other reason to go to Aberation unlike another map *cough* scorched earth *cough* there are other reasons to go to aberration!

Reapers, Drakes, glowtails, boss fight, drops and Plant Z plants!

What i think they should have done is keep some of Ab animals and make new versions of other Animals! like the a Blood basilisk (he is like a blood wyvern but stronger) 

but i do agree with you on the resources, they should be harder to get! 

(in fact i was going to make a post saying, new things to add to Scorched earth)

Is that if they continue to add the same paid content for free manrta, the dlc will remain as scorched earth, that map is more dead than the procedural ones xd, the only exclusive thing that was left was the phoenix, CI had the phoenix, it was good that have taken it out. What I do not understand is that they added creatures that they had discarded in other free maps (Valguero with the taps, in the trailer you can see that there are but the map does not have them), That killed the poor Ragnaron map in a few words. good map, but it hurts that they run out of ideas and have to add tell us for payment, I would have preferred that they leave glass taps and not normal ones, unless they have something different in the statistics so that each tap serves different; The bone dinos Blue ones were cool too even though they are reskins of the fear evolved ones, they could have added more variants of crystal dinos themselve...

PD:Scorched need ascension wildcard xd

20 hours ago, EliasxTemari said:

Only in Aberration,Genesis and Valguero.

What I don't know is if you put a reaper queen spawn on another map, you could spawn this one with commands

i don't think so, i spawned one on the island to show and and it didn't work

20 hours ago, EliasxTemari said:

Is that if they continue to add the same paid content for free manrta, the dlc will remain as scorched earth, that map is more dead than the procedural ones xd, the only exclusive thing that was left was the phoenix, CI had the phoenix, it was good that have taken it out. What I do not understand is that they added creatures that they had discarded in other free maps (Valguero with the taps, in the trailer you can see that there are but the map does not have them), That killed the poor Ragnaron map in a few words. good map, but it hurts that they run out of ideas and have to add tell us for payment, I would have preferred that they leave glass taps and not normal ones, unless they have something different in the statistics so that each tap serves different; The bone dinos Blue ones were cool too even though they are reskins of the fear evolved ones, they could have added more variants of crystal dinos themselve...

PD:Scorched need ascension wildcard xd

Idk about that but i do think SE could uses some more love! maybe a few new tames and a few new Wyverns! (Magma and Wind) only found on that map!

Maybe some new tames like a "Antlion" a Rhino beetle, the Hive and other bugs! 

a Tek cave in the wyvern den! TLC for the SE dinos to be up to date! 

New tek items only for SE like tek Flamethrower, Tek Solar Panel, Tek Wyvern Saddle (Ups the damage of the element and adds armor) Tek Thermal Visor etc!

and For others maps if they add DLC dinos from Extinction, maybe they can make different kinds (like Ice Velo that shoots slow but fires Red hot Spikes),(Forest owl that does a AOE poison ability and can do a Naplam spike of Toxic gas) and you will not be able to unlock meks on the Map only on extinction 

Archived