Disappearing X-Argies (Taming issues)

Saera

Disappearing X-Argies (Taming issues)

I haven't had good luck with taming X-Argentavis. 

Here's how it works for me: I will spot one I want to tame, go back to base to get a taming kit, and by the time I get back, it's gone.  Either that, or what happened tonight - I get my supplies, go back, verify it's still there, and by the time I've put down a trap nearby, it's gone.  At this point, I'm just confused and frustrated.  What is going on?  How does it go from walking around to gone that quickly?  This isn't how Argies behave on other maps.  I'm not finding bags on the ground, they aren't in the sky (at least anywhere near where they were) so where are they going?  I've never had this many consistent issues with taming on other maps, or even on this one with other creatures.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Is there a despawn mechanic with these I don't know about?  That seems to be what is happening.  I am mostly wondering if my experience is isolated, or if this is a problem other people have too (Playing on official).

Thanks!

Archived