Carnivorous dinos always harvest corpses and I don't want them to

CaliberPlex

Basically a one-up for this post, I'm trying to harvest chitin/keratin with my hatchet, but my tames always harvest the corpse before I can do it myself and get even a percentage of the resources I would've gotten if I had harvested them myself. I doubt there's a valid solution, but is there a work-around of sorts to avoid this issue?

1 minute ago, CaliberPlex said:

Basically a one-up for this post, I'm trying to harvest chitin/keratin with my hatchet, but my tames always harvest the corpse before I can do it myself and get even a percentage of the resources I would've gotten if I had harvested them myself. I doubt there's a valid solution, but is there a work-around of sorts to avoid this issue?

You can turn off victim gathering but I think they still "eat" it (I may be wrong, they may try but not succeed, you could try it on something you dont mind being eaten) but don't gain anything (it just poofs) you can put them on passive, in my experience when they are on passive they generally dont eat the corps and another option is to park them a little farther away when you dismount, it only takes about 5 foundations of distance before they dont go after it. 

37 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

You can turn off victim gathering but I think they still "eat" it (I may be wrong, they may try but not succeed, you could try it on something you dont mind being eaten) but don't gain anything (it just poofs) you can put them on passive, in my experience when they are on passive they generally dont eat the corps and another option is to park them a little farther away when you dismount, it only takes about 5 foundations of distance before they dont go after it. 

Take a look at the comments on that post I linked before. They offered similar solutions which didn't work for the op on that post nor do they work for me, sadly. Victim gathering isn't what I'm looking for as that nullifies harvesting entirely, making even the slightest chance that my tames could harvest the resources I'm trying to get absent. With passive behavior my tames won't attack creatures I want killed unless I'm in danger (or otherwise sitting idly by idk how passive behavior affects aggressive tames) nullifying the incentive of bringing them in the first place. Thank you for the straight forward suggestions though!

4 hours ago, CaliberPlex said:

Take a look at the comments on that post I linked before. They offered similar solutions which didn't work for the op on that post nor do they work for me, sadly. Victim gathering isn't what I'm looking for as that nullifies harvesting entirely, making even the slightest chance that my tames could harvest the resources I'm trying to get absent. With passive behavior my tames won't attack creatures I want killed unless I'm in danger (or otherwise sitting idly by idk how passive behavior affects aggressive tames) nullifying the incentive of bringing them in the first place. Thank you for the straight forward suggestions though!

You know there is a whistle to put a tame on passive neutral and aggressive right? You can literally with the click of a button change their agression level, it's not like you have to set it to passive for the rest of time. Kill creature whistle passive harvest body, whistle back to neutral or aggressive???

As for harvest settings once again it isn't like you have to keep those setting forever. it also will only apply to the one tame you choose to change it for, it doesnt just blanket apply the same setting to all your dinos. You seem to be acting as if changing these settings will mean you have to just have everything on those settings forever which is a bit strange. It's quick and easy to change and then change back when you arent harvesting a specific thing like chitin no?

10 hours ago, CaliberPlex said:

Yea, I didnt see that you had linked a link until after I commented, I don't like having my dinos on passive so I always kill something and back away a little before dismounting when I need to harvest it manually. 

12 hours ago, HoboNation said:

You know there is a whistle to put a tame on passive neutral and aggressive right? You can literally with the click of a button change their agression level, it's not like you have to set it to passive for the rest of time. Kill creature whistle passive harvest body, whistle back to neutral or aggressive???

As for harvest settings once again it isn't like you have to keep those setting forever. it also will only apply to the one tame you choose to change it for, it doesnt just blanket apply the same setting to all your dinos. You seem to be acting as if changing these settings will mean you have to just have everything on those settings forever which is a bit strange. It's quick and easy to change and then change back when you arent harvesting a specific thing like chitin no?

I have issues trying to get them to go passive/neutral before they devour the corpse. Raptors are fast eaters, yknow?

Archived