Doubled harvesting, taming, and XP rates in the core game

edycod

2 minutes ago, GP said:

I believe this is correct. The last time they officially increased the rates to 2x they reduced the stone count down to 1. I suspect they did that again this time, which is why it's not wise to judge it based on stone count.

Wait, so just to clarify, it is a multiplier we are just not seeing the correct count?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Zite said:

Wait, so just to clarify, it is a multiplier we are just not seeing the correct count?

No, you are seeing the correct count, you are getting 1 stone. This is what they did last time they increased it. For the resource setting of 1.0 the stone gathering is always 1 stone when you pick it up.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

No, you are seeing the correct count, you are getting 1 stone. This is what they did last time they increased it. For the resource setting of 1.0 the stone gathering is always 1 stone when you pick it up.

Good to know, since you actually answer questions I have one more, will the launch on Xbox only be for people who own the Xbox One S? Or do you know?

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, edycod said:

for the anniversary and summer event they set it to 4x and when you picked up a stone it was 4

Yes that's because setting it to 4x would be 4.0 which would mean you pick up 4 stones.

The setting in the game now is 1.0, meaning you pick up 1 stone.

So collecting a single rock vs a dino doing the job is going to remain the same.  its confusing, am I missing something?  The way I see it, is the evo event was x2 where we got 2 rocks now the new x2 implemented into the core game we get 1 rock, looks very much backwards :/ 

When I was at school I was always taught that 1x2=2 not 1.  Have my teachers been lying to me all these years. OMG xD 

I knew this would be hard for some to conceptualize. X# events are events. The BASE rate has been adjusted, this is so events can still be included later. So the base used to get (insert random number.)  . 240 stones per swing of a doed. Now with the rates changed you would get 480 per swing. it has nothing to do with the individual stone you pick up.

This is only for events, which we are NOT on. The BASE amount was adjusted.

• Volunteer Moderator
47 minutes ago, reddotjellytot said:

So collecting a single rock vs a dino doing the job is going to remain the same.  its confusing, am I missing something?  The way I see it, is the evo event was x2 where we got 2 rocks now the new x2 implemented into the core game we get 1 rock, looks very much backwards :/ 

When I was at school I was always taught that 1x2=2 not 1.  Have my teachers been lying to me all these years. OMG xD

The rates are the same as they were before the update. Basically, they have been doubled for the past few months through the dynamic config, but now they doubled them directly in the game and disabled set the dynamic rates back to 1.0 as you can see there: http://arkdedicated.com/dynamicconfig.ini

30 minutes ago, sTv said:

It would be wonderful if we knew BEFORE the patch how and what to set up.

Sincerely every server administrator.

14 minutes ago, zero064 said:

Yup. Guess I'll just have to do some test when I get home to see what my settings should be now.

You need to halve your taming, xp and harvesting multiplier if you want to keep them the same as before that update.

Archived