Island Dragon Boss buffed?

CanadianNed

Island Dragon Boss buffed?

Today I tried to run alpha dragon on island with theriz veggie cake combo alongside a yuty. We had 6 people riding theriz(out of 17, with maxed saddles) and i was giving the buff on the yuty. We all got murdered. The dragon's health bar was not going down as fast as how it usually goes. Ive run this boss fight multiple times in the past with less people and no issues. not sure what went wrong. i was checking the bags of the dead theriz and they still had cakes in the inventory. Was the dragon changed or were theriz, veggie cakes nerfed? Were there changes to the other bosses aswell? Im on PVE PC official

Theri will eat a cake when his health drops by 500 hp (if I remember correctly) but there is something like internal cooldown on the cake, for example it can eat one cake per 30s - achatinas have this cooldown visible everytime I feed them, so probably it works for theries too, but could be longer.

Dont know anything about the dragon tho, sometimes he behaves, sometimes he kills everything in arena.

Isn't the Deinos strategy more interesting than the Theriz one now ? Just asking out of curiosity. I haven't fight the Island Dragon yet, only the Alpha Valguero version, and only 5 Deinos melted it in 2 minutes or so. I know that the Island Dragon is more powerful than the Valguero one, but since the Deinos bleed is based on the opponent's health, I guess it should work too. Am I wrong ?

2 hours ago, Elgar said:

Isn't the Deinos strategy more interesting than the Theriz one now ? Just asking out of curiosity. I haven't fight the Island Dragon yet, only the Alpha Valguero version, and only 5 Deinos melted it in 2 minutes or so. I know that the Island Dragon is more powerful than the Valguero one, but since the Deinos bleed is based on the opponent's health, I guess it should work too. Am I wrong ?

You're right. I wouldn't call it more interesting though. Still don't see how they don't address it in the future. 

Theri has always been a solid method too. That's how we beat it the first time. It's not a fight I do often enough to determine if there was a buff to it though.

Archived