Good Cheap PCs for smooth ark.

wizdawizard66

10 hours ago, wizdawizard66 said:

Good Cheap PCs for smooth ark.

Please write some decent and cheap PCs for ark. Thanks!

Your definition of "smooth" and graphics quality needs mentioned. With specs guy above listed, you won't be running dx11 version with graphics up "smoothly". Much depends if you are playing official, unofficial or single player because the  one thing people never mention is huge bases, thousands of dinos out, causes a ton of lag. If playing single player or an unofficial server with good hardware you'll be fine. Official with good graphics & what I mentioned above, forget about it. Even people with way better rigs than me have problems on official with all the structures.

Mostly just a fair warning because I was disappointed when I upgraded my rig and still laggy on officials. If you plan on using d3d10, sm4 & lowmemory commands or even a pvp ini file, that drastically helps but the quality is gone.

"Cheap PC" and "smooth ARK" are not statements you say together except for in the sentence "You can't play smooth ARK on a cheap PC" ?

Like @Usuallyafk said - it depends heavily on your preferences when it comes to frame rate and graphics quality. If you turn down the graphics quality all the way down, you might get away with it on a cheap PC but it really, really looks like dodo poop. I have a high end gaming rig and like my high graphics settings. Even so, I'm not maxing the graphics and am still struggling to keep 30 FPS in my bases.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running a 3900x with a 2080ti and 64GB ram. I can squeeze 70 frames at 1440 with all of my fans screaming and my legs getting toasty from all the heat. I can get 140 frames on tomb raider, so that's crazy low.

My point being that even at the upper end of things, ark is still a monster. Better to settle on your hardware and then just go with whatever it can push out. One little extra spec here or there isn't going to make a lot of difference.

Archived