Cooking/food additions

Uselessboy

Suggestion

Cooking/food additions

simple suggestions, really, no reason they can't be a mod, but I lack the skill to make such a thing, and I think it'd make better use of the large crop plot, because in base-game the large crop-plot is really only useful for defense-plants, which have little to no use except for PVP.

new crops;
- Grain (used to make bread by adding water and berries in the cooking fire/grill) only in Large crop plot
- Banana (adds water +food. Tree can be harvested for wood,thatch) only in Large crop plot
- coconut (adds water +food. Tree can be harvested for wood,thatch) only in Large crop plot
- apple (adds water +food. Tree can be harvested for wood,thatch) only in Large crop plot
- peach (adds water +food. Tree can be harvested for wood, thatch) only in Large crop plot

new animal-products
- fat (can be rendered into organic oil or soap in a cooking pot)
- bones (can be ground up in the mortar and pestle and then added to compost-bin to produce Prime Fertilizer(adds +25% greenhouse effectiveness)

Mead = Honey + grain + water. (made in the beer-barrel)
beer = berries + grain + water

1 reply to this server topic

This is a subject matter I could go on for about forever, and probably have somewhere in the past. 

Ark needs some "fillers". Maps are great, Creatures are awesome, but there is more to the game than that. 

And Farming/Cooking could be a big part of that.

Though I would go about it a bit differently. 

• Add Primitive Plus Farming/Cooking Items into the game. 
  • Create new menu items using said items. 
  • Add new items in the game and create recipes using the old and the new. 

The Primitive Plus items would add a good foundation to build upon. They may need to be cleaned up a bit and have a bit of clarification added as a few of the steps can be a bit confusing the first few times around, but it would add a great deal of items and a lot of new things to work on and opportunities for game play. 

Using the items you listed for example: 

• Grains - This exists in the form of Wheat and Barley in Prim+
  • Fruit Trees - They could be added as items that could be grown. I would recommend a longer growth period, a new "Tree" plot that has a height requirement for being placed in doors, and that instead of harvesting the Fruit it falls the ground and it has to be collected before it spoils. 
    • This is in reference to your tree options. 
    • I would say that having them cut down gives you would wood and thatch makes sense. It would be a way for you to grow your own tree farm if you lived in an area where wood was scarce. 
    • The could be used in a variety of recipes. Jams, Jellies, Juices, Alcohols, Pastries, Pies, Quick replenishment of Food/Water, and so many other things when mixed with other items listed in Prim+

Those are just a few quick notes. 

Archived