ini codes Add back creatures WC removed via ini

HigherFlyer

Add back creatures WC removed via ini

Last year when valguero launched I saw this thread: 

And I want to create something similar, so I'm going to try and make this a repository for all ini changes you can use. I will add a few over time, and if anyone comments with ini changes I will add them to this post. This is your one stop shop for ini changes!

Please note we can only add back creatures already in the game like griffins, we will not be able to add in things like the Grand Embertross or any other modded creaturs via the ini.

Useful links:

Spawn ini codes
https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration#Creature_Spawn_related

Crystal Isles Spawn Entries
https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Entries#Crystal_Isles

Official mod/dlc entry on gamepedia
https://ark.gamepedia.com/Crystal_Isles

Mod entry on ganepedia (For info on what was originally in the mod : Had to use the way back machine)
https://web.archive.org/web/20200427183620/https://ark.gamepedia.com/Mod:Crystal_Isles

Engram Classnames
https://ark.gamepedia.com/Engram_Classnames

Creatures IDS
https://ark.gamepedia.com/Creature_IDs

CI Dino Additions mod dino spawn locations 
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/arksurvivalevolved_gamepedia/images/7/7f/CI_Dinos_Spawn_Map_Core_Version_1.2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20200807011307

THE INI CODES: 
The following ini codes came from the wonderful moTOM here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/2574319728560692464/ I did not make them! All credit to him!

Add these lines to your game.ini under [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] and restart your server with destroywilddinos.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSnow_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="IceJumper",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("IceJumper_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="OWL",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Owl_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="IceJumper_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05),(NPCClassString="Owl_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesRedwoods_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Gacha",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Gacha_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="Spider",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("bogspider_character_bp_c"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Gacha_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05),(NPCClassString="bogspider_character_bp_c",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="SE_DinoSpawnEntriesMountain_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Spindle",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Spindles_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Spindles_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="SE_DinoSpawnEntriesBadlands_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Spindle",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Spindles_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Spindles_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntries_Ocean_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Schildkröte",EntryWeight=0.005,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("GiantTurtle_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="GiantTurtle_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.005)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="SE_DinoSpawnEntriesDunes_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Worm",EntryWeight=0.01,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Deathworm_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Spindles_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="CI_DinoSpawnEntries_ElementalChamber_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="EnforcerSpawner",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Enforcer_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Enforcer_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesIceCave_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Shifter",EntryWeight=0.3,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Shapeshifter_Small_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Shapeshifter_Small_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.3)))

Created by THETRILOBSTER:
Attempts to add in Rock Drakes apparently is working pretty well and can even get some eggs to spawn (Sometimes) good luck and thanks Mr. Lobster.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="CI_DinoSpawnEntries_FloatingIslands_Main_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Rock Drake",EntryWeight=0.5,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("RockDrake_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="RockDrake_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

Created by ME: 
ATTEMPT TO SPAWN PARAKEET FISH SCHOOL FOR TAMING MEGACHELON (Something is up with Parakeets, tell me if they do spawn...)

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesUnicorn",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Swarm", EntryWeight=1000.0, NPCsToSpawnStrings=("MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.65))
)
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="CI_DinoSpawnEntries_FloatingIslands_Main",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Swarm", EntryWeight=1000.0, NPCsToSpawnStrings=("MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.65))
)

Other Megachelon Spawn locations

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="CI_DinoSpawnEntries_FloatingIslands_Main",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="GiantTurtle", EntryWeight=1000.0, NPCsToSpawnStrings=("GiantTurtle_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="GiantTurtle_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.15))
)

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesUnicorn",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="GiantTurtle", EntryWeight=1000.0, NPCsToSpawnStrings=("GiantTurtle_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="GiantTurtle_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.15))
)

WARNING REPORTED BROKEN AND PREVENTING BLOOD CRYSTAL WYVERN SPAWNS. Use only for reference purposes....  
Deinonychus (You cant tame them since they wont lay eggs, but I did this in case you want them in your world for a bit of authenticity)

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntries_CW_Bloodfall",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Deinonychus", EntryWeight=1000.0, NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Deinonychus_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Deinonychus_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.25))
)

Magmasaur (Same thing as with Deinon, you cant tame them since they wont lay eggs, but you can add this to put them in your world for a bit of authenticity)
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="AB_DinoSpawnEntries_Basilisks",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="LavaLizard", EntryWeight=1000.0, NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Cherufe_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Cherufe_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.15))
)

Saddle Engrams (Made by me)

Add snow owl saddle engram

EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_OwlSaddle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=61)

Velonasaur Saddle Engram
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_SpindlesSaddle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=27)

Gacha Saddle
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_GachaSaddle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=38)

Mana Saddle
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_IceJumperSaddle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=66)

MegaChelon Saddle (If you manage to tame it)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_GiantTurtleSaddle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=45)

STACK MODIFIER: (Also made by moTom on the same thread)
Make Primal Crystals stack to 20

ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_Honey_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=20,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemResource_Crystal_IslesPrimal_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=20,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))

What we need:

Creatures listed on the mod version of Crystal isles that never made it into the official version

Their saddle engram auto unlocks

Also for anyone interested I have a large ini file that adds back in SE engrams, tested on Genesis. If I see a lot of interest ill post it here.

P. D. Certain ini changes like to add rock Drake's back in are usually blocked by WC so sorry if you were hoping for that. But thankfully WC has only blocked a small number of creatures and almost never blocks engram unlocks!

P.P.D. I am also running a win 10 server cluster, and if their are any server owners out there who are interested I can share how I got that setup as well!

Happy Arking!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this. I just started my Windows 10 xbox server. I want to add Gachas and Snow Owls to my CI map. I noticed the Spawn Entry listed above is DinoSpawnEntriesSnow_C but the Spawn Entry online is listed as DinoSpawnEntriesSnow ( https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Entries#Crystal_Isles). Does it make a difference which one I use? Thanks!

10 hours ago, yoduh said:

has the deathworm and giant turtle spawn codes worked on console, specifically xbox?

Giant turtles are working on the win10 version so I imagine that yes there is a very good chance they work on XBOX, however there is now way to tame them because the parakeet fish swarms that you need will not spawn via ini for some reason. As for the deathworm I'm not sure on that one, I give it like a 60% chance.

On 9/9/2020 at 5:50 PM, grayman7503 said:

Thanks so much for this. I just started my Windows 10 xbox server. I want to add Gachas and Snow Owls to my CI map. I noticed the Spawn Entry listed above is DinoSpawnEntriesSnow_C but the Spawn Entry online is listed as DinoSpawnEntriesSnow ( https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Entries#Crystal_Isles). Does it make a difference which one I use? Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply! I don't actually know whether or not it makes a difference, I'll run some tests and see if it does in fact make a difference. For now use the one listed in the wiki. If it doesn't work then try _C! Good luck and if you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this, just tamed a Gacha, and have seen the giant turtles and velonasaurs, so they're definitely working.

Two questions:

Where are the spawn points for the owls? I've been looking all over the snow biome and haven't found any yet.

Would it be possible to try to add the rock drake/rock drake eggs? I'd like to tame a basilisk, and would prefer not to spawn the eggs with cheats.

Thanks again

@CantRecall This is what I use on mine for rock drakes. Spawns drakes and fertilized eggs, but the drakes aren't in the sub-floating-isles-caves where the nests are. I don't think there's any way to get them under there unfortunately, but this should work.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="CI_DinoSpawnEntries_FloatingIslands_Main_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Rock Drake",EntryWeight=0.5,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("RockDrake_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="RockDrake_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 7:47 PM, THETRILOBSTER said:

@CantRecall This is what I use on mine for rock drakes. Spawns drakes and fertilized eggs, but the drakes aren't in the sub-floating-isles-caves where the nests are. I don't think there's any way to get them under there unfortunately, but this should work.

Thanks! I just found that cave last night, wondered if that was where they originally spawned.

So what's the spawn point for your code? Somewhere specific, or just look around?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone is interested but i added trough ini codes the ice wyvern and the poison wyvern. Those spawn smoothly and i found the poison egg, now i will check for the ice one. 

2 things i noticed:

Wyverns nests will spawn 2 eggs now, 1 normal wyverns and 1 heir wyverns

Level cap on my server for wild creatures is 255, wild heir wyverns are up to 382 and the normal wyverns are up to 484. 

I will share the code after making sure ice eggs spawns if anyone is interested. 

Please when you post codes make sure they will work, deinonychus code in the op doesnt work and just prevent blood crystal wyverns to spawn. In fact deinonychus could not exist in a map were there is an alpha raptor. I tried to replace it with deinonychus with no results and i tried to replace it with nothing (basically removing it) but still deinonychus cant spawn. 

I also tried to change spawnpoint to badlands/floatingisles/se oasis but still no results 

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2020 at 6:48 AM, CantRecall said:

Thanks for this, just tamed a Gacha, and have seen the giant turtles and velonasaurs, so they're definitely working.

Two questions:

Where are the spawn points for the owls? I've been looking all over the snow biome and haven't found any yet.

Would it be possible to try to add the rock drake/rock drake eggs? I'd like to tame a basilisk, and would prefer not to spawn the eggs with cheats.

Thanks again

Sorry late reply ive just read all this now. If it helps - we have snow owls on our Xbox server and just like other maps they spawn in argy place, a % chance at every argy spawn. For example; im in the middle of the map by beaver lakes - snow owls spawn regularly if I clear out argy spawns

Rock drakes: our admin spawns some in (maybe he spawns the filled nests? Can't remember) in the floating island cave area, we will have eggs in nests for a week or so at a time. Just good enough for taming basilisk really.

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2020 at 7:47 PM, THETRILOBSTER said:

I’ve found the Drakes, but where are the eggs at?

for the swarm

this is what im trying to do for my server haven't tested it yet but this might help adds them to all lakes.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntries_GenericWater_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Microbe Swarm",EntryWeight=0.45,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C","MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C","MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C","MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C","MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C"),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=0.0),(X=0,Y=680,Z=0),(X=0,Y=340,Z=0),(X=0,Y=-340,Z=0),(X=0,Y=-680,Z=0)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(0.254545455,0.363636364,0.072727273,0.090909091,0.218181818),ManualSpawnPointSpreadRadius=650)),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2020 at 4:09 AM, Venia said:

Not sure if anyone is interested but i added trough ini codes the ice wyvern and the poison wyvern. Those spawn smoothly and i found the poison egg, now i will check for the ice one. 

2 things i noticed:

Wyverns nests will spawn 2 eggs now, 1 normal wyverns and 1 heir wyverns

Level cap on my server for wild creatures is 255, wild heir wyverns are up to 382 and the normal wyverns are up to 484. 

I will share the code after making sure ice eggs spawns if anyone is interested. 

Please when you post codes make sure they will work, deinonychus code in the op doesnt work and just prevent blood crystal wyverns to spawn. In fact deinonychus could not exist in a map were there is an alpha raptor. I tried to replace it with deinonychus with no results and i tried to replace it with nothing (basically removing it) but still deinonychus cant spawn. 

I also tried to change spawnpoint to badlands/floatingisles/se oasis but still no results 

Thanks for pointing that out, I've added a warning in the original post. I've also added ini codes from THETRILLOBSTER and a few others
Sorry for not responding for some reason I stopped getting notifs on this thread!

On 1/5/2021 at 9:11 PM, TTVAsylumgaming603 said:

for the swarm

this is what im trying to do for my server haven't tested it yet but this might help adds them to all lakes.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntries_GenericWater_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Microbe Swarm",EntryWeight=0.45,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C","MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C","MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C","MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C","MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C"),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=0.0),(X=0,Y=680,Z=0),(X=0,Y=340,Z=0),(X=0,Y=-340,Z=0),(X=0,Y=-680,Z=0)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(0.254545455,0.363636364,0.072727273,0.090909091,0.218181818),ManualSpawnPointSpreadRadius=650)),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="MicrobeSwarmChar_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

Did you ever get around to testing that?

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, SexyAngel said:

anyone in this thread able to help me with my code? the only dino I can tell is spawning in is the snow owls and I have no idea why

Tropical Vortex Spawn.rtf 8.74 kB · 0 downloads

What is a .rtf file (Not in the sense of what is the extension but in the sense of why is it being used for ark config)? Is that just survivetheark forums messing up? 

Archived