What if I don't have a Giga?

Fleshbits

What if I don't have a Giga?

I'm playing Extinction COOP with one other person. I'd really like to do the yellow OSDs as I feel like they are the next step in the progression. I look online and everyone has 2-3 gigas and wyverns. Well... I haven't seen a single non-corrupt giga in the 100+ hrs I've been on this map. I searched around the ice biome paremeter like it says online, but notta.

What if I don't have a Giga then? What can I possibly do to reach that next step of progression?

Can I bring along a dozen lvl 180ish Rexes? I can crank 12 of those out every 2 days..

Anything else I could tame and bring?

For Yellow Rex's should be alright. 

Good Rex's or Theri's (not tamed but bred for a few mutations) can do Reds. 

Giga's just make it easier and faster because you want to kill the stuff before it destroys the drops. 

If you try Red's with Rex's treat it like a boss fight. Mate boosted and Yuty buffed, just to make it easier.

Main problem with Rex is that the hitbox is not the best for killing wyverns. For the rest of the dinos a normal rex is more than enough to clean a yellow osd.

If you really want to go for OSD farming get a giga it will speed up the farming by a lot not only OSD but veins. Just keep cleaning the area around the snow biome or try to get an egg from someone.

7 hours ago, Castlerock said:
8 hours ago, wizard03 said:
well that stinks. =/ So its just dino's vs corrupt dinos then?

Even if u want to use turrets and place them down nearby, they do reduced dmg to corrupted creatures compared to normal creatures.

The corrupt will also focus on them and destroy them fast. 

I built a 100 turret tower with a mix of heavies and tek on single player to try a purple. The tower didn't make it pass first wave. 

Granted I didn't vault drop it but they were dropping the turrets faster than the walls anyway. 

Rexes are the best choice second to gigas. 180 is a bit low but a couple could probably do a yellow. don't event think about red/purple. If you only have primitive saddles you'd want like a 250 base line for rexes to attempt a red. Don't even think about purples until you have a high level giga with 100% imprint and an ascendant saddle.

Archived