Server Type: Offline Raid protection.. where?

Garick

There is 2 CrossARK cluster with Offline Raid Protection in the server list. You just have to browse a bit. One for EU and one for NA. You can enjoy PVP and not wanting to be raided when you're not there to defend your base. Unfortunately there is only 2 clusters with ORP and there aren't really popular in terme of player number.

3 hours ago, Xanarkan said:

There is 2 CrossARK cluster with Offline Raid Protection in the server list. You just have to browse a bit. One for EU and one for NA. You can enjoy PVP and not wanting to be raided when you're not there to defend your base. Unfortunately there is only 2 clusters with ORP and there aren't really popular in terme of player number.

You can say its not popular but theres always people on our cluster. CA6 currently has a bit of a war going on. So lots of actions even with not being top 50 official servers.

Its also less populated than standard pvp servers cuz besides the 15 minute timer it forces people to actually pvp instead of just draining turrets and raiding when people are offline. So you know actually takes some coordination and skill to fight on these servers, not just waiting until 4am when nobody is online to do your "so called pvp" from non ORP servers.

44 minutes ago, TeRyn said:

You can say its not popular but theres always people on our cluster. CA6 currently has a bit of a war going on. So lots of actions even with not being top 50 official servers.

Its also less populated than standard pvp servers cuz besides the 15 minute timer it forces people to actually pvp instead of just draining turrets and raiding when people are offline. So you know actually takes some coordination and skill to fight on these servers, not just waiting until 4am when nobody is online to do your "so called pvp" from non ORP servers.

I dont pvp but isnt it the case that people still hide behind offline tribe gates to cheat the system? Id assume thats the reason the servers have a low population.

8 hours ago, Piffguru said:

I dont pvp but isnt it the case that people still hide behind offline tribe gates to cheat the system? Id assume thats the reason the servers have a low population.

Occassionally. But its also the best way to get yourself dev wiped. As the devs will and are pretty good about responding to and handling people who proxy block. Used to be worse before they started dev wiping tribes and players who do that.

16 hours ago, TeRyn said:

You can say its not popular but there is always people on our cluster. CA6 currently has a bit of a war going on. So lots of actions even with not being top 50 official servers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing ORP servers ! I was even tempted to settle on one of them. It's just that the circumpstances made me go on CrossARK14 cluster but otherwise I'd go on the CA5 or CA6 ORP cluster.
Totally agree with you except for people that stands behind offline tribe's structures of course. It's like pillar spamming on PVE server, it's toxic behavior and it's not really well managed by the admin team. Should be automated, that kind of things shouldn't need a human intervention.

4 hours ago, Xanarkan said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing ORP servers ! I was even tempted to settle on one of them. It's just that the circumpstances made me go on CrossARK14 cluster but otherwise I'd go on the CA5 or CA6 ORP cluster.
Totally agree with you except for people that stands behind offline tribe's structures of course. It's like pillar spamming on PVE server, it's toxic behavior and it's not really well managed by the admin team. Should be automated, that kind of things shouldn't need a human intervention.

Dont have "people that stands behind offline tribe's structures" ... in Cross ORP devs wipe it is a constant. Recently, a mega tribe took a wipe for cheating. The cluster is small, so it is easier to report and the devs act quickly.

I have no idea where anyone's getting the idea that there are tons of people hiding behind ORP gates. Whenever I've seen anyone do that, they're gone really fast, saw a really big megatribe take a massive devwipe not too long ago for it. I play on one of the EU ORP clusters mentioned above. 

Much like @TeRyn said above, these servers force you to think and that also means you get a lot less griefing and so on as long as you are away from popular transfer sites. I couldn't even fathom going to anywhere other than this place.

Also, if you can't find them in the list, you can search for them on a search engine and join that way. Like, google Battlemetrics EU-OfflineRaidProtection-ScorchedEarth-CrossArk# and then join via the joining button on the page. Idk about the NA ones, but I know for EU there's at least a CrossArk5, 6, and 10. That would lead me to believe there's a 1-4 and 7-9 as well but I haven't actually specifically looked for those lol. Hope that helps.

@Slvr Well, because I saw it happens, I also saw some video where it happens and that's really a good thing if server admins are responsives to fight that kind of behavior because to be honest I saw a lot of toxic behavior like building structures and turrets around obelisks, pillar spamming on PVE, offline tribe structure on ORP and in general it's pretty slow before someone act, IF someone act at all.

• 6 months later...
On 8/26/2020 at 7:58 PM, Xanarkan said:

@Slvr Well, because I saw it happens, I also saw some video where it happens and that's really a good thing if server admins are responsives to fight that kind of behavior because to be honest I saw a lot of toxic behavior like building structures and turrets around obelisks, pillar spamming on PVE, offline tribe structure on ORP and in general it's pretty slow before someone act, IF someone act at all.

How about big tek tribes that block all the good caves so no other player can build there? And the even more sad thing is that you can't do much progress unless you have a lot of tribemates to help you in the early stage of the game. All stone bases are grieffed because "good" mid or late game ark players raid them for a couple of cooked metal ingots.

Archived