Community Crunch 234: Community Fan Art & More

StudioWildcard

5d2347a6bb8362909069efa40ccfe17d1a8c3106.jpg

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

Just a reminder that on Tuesday, August 25th, we will be releasing Crystal Isles for XBOX and PS4 console users!  Additionally, we will be enabling full server transfers into Crystal Isles and our freshly launched Official PC Servers. From August 25th, PC players will be able to download items and creatures onto the map without restriction.

EVO Event

c4d1c70db94b99199a88d21dbf29f34d_2.jpg

As mentioned in prior Community Crunches, the Official Network rates will be increasing to 2X following the next major version update on Tuesday, August 25th.  Following the update, we'll have more information on EVO events.  Until then, we'll be using the EVO event system to apply the bonuses.

ARK Sales!

Big_Gaming_Sale_STA.jpg

Only 3 days left to save up to 80% with ARK on Xbox!

Community Fan Art

Ashlyns Spinosaurus Neighbor by GravyMan12

de1vutq-21a987c6-1db7-4ab0-9d9f-bdc47c8a07d2.jpg

Hunting underwater by MayaPatch

hunting_underwater_by_mayapatch_de3bt7k-fullview.jpg

Liopleurodon by DW_ARK

Ef3zgXcVoAIrkJm.jpg

Aberrant Carno by PicturesOfArk

EfouqDiXoAYYm8S (1).jpg

The Managarmr by littleFernanda

de32t62-88d06cd0-0799-483c-a701-d68afdec5383.jpg

ARK Raptor by TinyTina20

ark_raptor_by_tinytina20_de2ymi3-fullview.jpg

Ok(? by HipApparitiongamer

de3jlmp-765c6d4f-fefc-4350-bef4-81ae8f7e07cc.jpg

Until next week!

Studio Wildcard 

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

I dont understand why ark players are so toxic in game and here, who cares if they post a community crunch instead of bug fixes or teasers? It's their choice to post that stuff. Fortnite got rid of patch notes yet their community doesn't scream over it every week when they patch stuff (I don't really follow Fortnite much so not sure if they added patch notes back or something) But still, just be nice and patient about stuff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, MibsXX said:

am i the only one that read that as all server transfers will be allowed to Crystal Isles  from 25th Aug ? IE ps4 and xbox too?

They Said that transfers Will be allowed without any restrictions to PC. As consoles Will get the map Just now, we wont be able to transfer stuff in Cristal Isles for a while, Just like PC isnt able to til the 25th update

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HomieFox said:

I dont understand why ark players are so toxic in game and here, who cares if they post a community crunch instead of bug fixes or teasers? It's their choice to post that stuff. Fortnite got rid of patch notes yet their community doesn't scream over it every week when they patch stuff (I don't really follow Fortnite much so not sure if they added patch notes back or something) But still, just be nice and patient about stuff

So you're saying Fortnite is a buggy as ark? If it's not the exact same situation less the information dissemination, your comparation is fake-news-ation. lol sry

Yeah kind of crappy crunch, but Cedric has more than come out and said that there wasn’t really anything write home about on past crunches like this one.  I myself would love to read more about what they are working on, but we all know how tight lipped they are when it comes to stuff.  Yeah it’s frustrating.  We all saw things during the extra life event 2019 that I thought was cool as hell!  Like the different game modes along the lines of “capture the flag” style, the tek trikes would be a sweet thing to have in the entire game rather than just from genesis.  Personally I still have not bought genesis because my opinion there’s plenty of other things that have needed attention for years.  Cedric did say too last week and on Twitter that they are working on a metric crap ton of things for the game albeit mostly for TLC 3, Crystal isles, the upcoming holiday season events and of course the big one, Genesis part 2.  Given the events around the world with the pandemic and all the other crazy horse sh** happening even I’m willing to cut them some slack, and I been bi***ing about the things that have needed some attention ever since I started playing Ark.  @Cedric and the rest of Wildcard, I understand there’s a lot in the pipe right now but don’t leave us completely out in the cold.  I’m sure there’s other things that can be brought up and talked about other than what’s coming up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MibsXX said:

am i the only one that read that as all server transfers will be allowed to Crystal Isles  from 25th Aug ? IE ps4 and xbox too?

No, it said that PC players will get transfers now. We'll get them in couple months. 

Can we get a boost to 2x for raising? Everything else is, so why not for raising babies. 

• Like 2

Just a friendly reminder to all who read this. Something will go horribly wrong on the august 25 update. Don't have your characters, creatures, or items in upload. Do not leave babies out. Lock it up and hide it out. Do not transfer servers! I repeat something WILL go wrong on the august 25th update. Don't be a fool! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

13 hours ago, ladyteruki said:

It would be so cool if the Diplocaulus actually had a saddle, like in MayaPatch's drawing ! Especially since they're so fragile by nature... but also because look at this ! Look at how cool it looks ! #DiplocaulusTLC2k20

Omg thank you very much >.< I'm glad to hear it xD  

And yeah, I'm trying to give saddles to creatures that don't have one. I always wondered why the diplocaulus doesn't have it lol 

It's a pretty useful dino if people play in a primitive way and without a scuba. 

• Like 1

Nothing new, should we assume there is going to be no fixes for anything, did WC just give up all hope for this game by just posting the same info 3 weeks in a row?

Please tell us something we don't already know :/

After Genesis part 2, I see ARK going stone cold.

Why break things and never fix them, do u think if u leave all the broken stuff the community will eventually forget them?

I think yes the community will forget to load in ark ever again.

I also seen posts by unreliable sources about to possibilities of ARK2.  Round 2 of broken stuff, nah I don't think so, ill keep my money thanks.

• Facepalm 2