Skiffs "bricked" glitch NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!

TriloByte

Skiffs "bricked" glitch NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!

So this is an issue that I've personally had to deal with twice already, and has been in the game for a while from what I have looked up.

If you crash while riding a Skiff, the Skiff will no longer function properly. FOREVER. Once you log back on, you can drive it, but the game will now say it has no fuel, even if you take everything out and put it back in. However, in this state of the glitch, the Skiff is still partially usable. From here, you can fly the Skiff on a horizontal axis, but the moment you log off and log back in, or dismount, it will now be broken forever. It cant move anymore. Sometimes it will appear to fall out of the sky, however this appears to be client-side and the Skiff is actually still up in the air (the moment you dismount you will snap back up into the air on the Skiff)

This happened to be literally just a day after I built my first Skiff on Crystal Isles, where element is already tedious to gather, and that was on x4. Now, thanks to the new glitch that started happening yesterday where people are crashing on crystal isles, and have now lost my SECOND Skiff on Crystal Isles, which is now on x2, meaning I'm going to have to mine for twice as long as before for a THIRD raptoring Skiff.

Look, when the Skiff is meant to be an endgame structure for easy transport, it shouldn't be this vulnerable to being completely bricked, ESPECIALLY on a map like Crystal Isles, where it's even more punishing due to the fact that element takes forever to mine here. I am hoping bringing this to light will lead to it getting fixed before people lose their Skiffs too.

22 hours ago, CTheRain said:

Are you dismounting it and dismantling everything on it too?

Also if the skiff is hovering you can place things inside it and it won't register the weight. You just can't stand on it while doing this. Or land. Or grab.

There was nothing built on it, I use them solely for transportation and mining. Yes, I know all about Skiff functionality and have encountered this glitch twice. I know how it works, assume I tried everything. The Skiff does not fly, regardless of anything done to it. No fuel, no building and removing structures, no fuel types. It no longer works.

Archived