My first argy from years back just took off on me for like no reason

sjskdjkfa

12 hours ago, krawezyk said:

Did it was attacked by a wild dino or did you attacked a wild dino before leave you, and did it was in attack your target ?

If it was, so it returned attack this wild dino !

There was no wild dinos where I landed it, and I don't remember attacking anything or being attacked for a while before, unless it went after something from several minutes prior to the incident, but that would have been in a different direction and half way across the map. Like I said, I'm fairly certain it "took off for like no reason"... at least no legitimate reason. Maybe it hates me now, or a titanomyra drone crawled up its ass LOL.

12 hours ago, LordRyot said:

I get this bug a lot with griffins. It usually happens when my internet is being a bit slow. They just fly in a straight line constant and ignore whistles etc. It’s very frustrating 

Yea, I think it might be related to the bug where they start walking around randomly after being parked.

I’ve had them fly to spots on the map I few by.  Sometimes I think it’s them going to a spot I might have inadvertently triggered by typing in chat while I fly around.  I’ve had the T key trigger animals I was facing while also clearly in global chat at the moment but the game still treats it like I commanded the animal I was facing.   Maybe this happens with other keys as well and we only notice after we dismount.

16 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I’ve had them fly to spots on the map I few by.  Sometimes I think it’s them going to a spot I might have inadvertently triggered by typing in chat while I fly around.  I’ve had the T key trigger animals I was facing while also clearly in global chat at the moment but the game still treats it like I commanded the animal I was facing.   Maybe this happens with other keys as well and we only notice after we dismount.

Hmm, that's reminding me of a glitch I had in pvp like 3 or 4 years ago. I had a flock of argies who any time we got near this one guys base they would bee line that way and start taking down his thatch walls lol. I'd chase after them and get them to stop in various ways, e.g. telling them to attack a random wild dino, whistling stop all, getting on them and just flying away, idk. But then the next day they'd go after his walls again :D I told the guy I wasn't doing it on purpose and my best guess was that a long time ago I'd whistled attack this target on one of his walls, and the argies just wouldn't forget it. After a while there was nothing left in that spot but a few wood fence foundations and the argies would go attack them. lol psycho birds.

i had a similar thing with a thyla,  It was set to follow and I stopped to speak to a neighbour. When I jumped off the thyla it bolted and didn't stop till it had crossed a hill a river and came up against a cliff which is where I found it trying to run through the cliff.

I checked and it was still on follow, jumped on and went back to base. Jumped off and it took off in the same direction once again. Luckily inside the base it just ran into the wall, I took it off follow and it stopped. Rode it into the hatchery and shut the doors, did the science, every time I whistled it to follow it bolted. 

Logging out and back in didn't resolve it,  but podding did. Weird stuff!

Found her! :D I was a few degrees off from where I thought she'd gone, but prty sure she just bolted straight line, and my memory was bad. I didn't have a lot of capabilities on the map I was on, or else I would have hopped on a wyvern and found er right away... But finally hiking cross country on foot I randomly was able to stumble into it trying to fly through the side of a mountain.. and right before I was gonna give up for good. 

2 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Found her! :D I was a few degrees off from where I thought she'd gone, but prty sure she just bolted straight line, and my memory was bad. I didn't have a lot of capabilities on the map I was on, or else I would have hopped on a wyvern and found er right away... But finally hiking cross country on foot I randomly was able to stumble into it trying to fly through the side of a mountain.. and right before I was gonna give up for good. 

Nice, I'd keep it cryo'd going forward lol

7 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

i had a similar thing with a thyla,  It was set to follow and I stopped to speak to a neighbour. When I jumped off the thyla it bolted and didn't stop till it had crossed a hill a river and came up against a cliff which is where I found it trying to run through the cliff.

I checked and it was still on follow, jumped on and went back to base. Jumped off and it took off in the same direction once again. Luckily inside the base it just ran into the wall, I took it off follow and it stopped. Rode it into the hatchery and shut the doors, did the science, every time I whistled it to follow it bolted. 

Logging out and back in didn't resolve it,  but podding did. Weird stuff!

I had this problem with Thylacoleo too. Turned out that it was acting as if it were on passive flee, but it wasn't. I fixed it by resetting its group by hitting z and zero on the num pad and then whistling.  It wasn't obeying whistles because of that reason, but I still don't know what caused it to bolt. 

It was super annoying though. Kept bolting away at mach speed. 

Archived