Tamed Dino AI, Neutral or Atk my target, any nerf to tamed dino ?

DonaldDuck

Tamed Dino AI, Neutral or Atk my target, any nerf to tamed dino ?

So this is the xxx-th times my dino almost got brutalized by wild dinoes in Ark Genesis. Before was raptor, sarco, bary, etc. 

Today MEGATHERIUM, WILD lv 140, tamed 206 using muttons, still lv 209. So I was riding this mega and saw a therizino lv 95, I thought to myself, this is megatherium afterall, no way it will lose to a theriz lv 95, so I engaged theriz, I kept on hitting theriz and theriz began to show blood, but my hp was kinda low because of cold, I ate just in time but how come theriz killed me ??? can theriz knocked me out of mount ???

But I wasn't worried I had set my megatherium to neutral and im  100% sure had set to neutral so no question about that, but when I got back, I saw my mega just RUNNING AROUND FLEEING from theriz, is there any changes Wildcard made that I didn't know of to how the stance behave ???? What Neutral really means ??? and what's the difference with Attack my target ??? Why my mega lv 209 running around from a theriz lv 95, I tried to mount my mega but damn theriz killed me again, luckily I had tamed a bear a few hours ago so I mounted my bear and went save my mega for the 2nd time, BUT DAMN MY MEGA IS FULL OF BLOOD. I immediately hit theriz with all my might, and killed it. but look at my mega's hp , only 72.4, one swipe from theriz probably dead..

Screenshot_14.thumb.jpg.2a4a69dae54a4746686f97d42f22e73d.jpg

HOW COME A LV 209 MEGATHERIUM LOST VS A THERIZINO LV 95 ??? IS TAMED DINO NERFED ? IS THE AI CHANGED OR WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM ??? 

Screenshot_11.thumb.jpg.1ccf191f8834575c81f2404487b33e74.jpg

the other day was sarco and barry, I've posted it in wht you did in ark today and a new thread qq ing about sarco.

Please if there's any critical changes, anyone tell me, so I can be more careful, X-dinoes are stronger but how much stronger ? X-theriz lv 95 vs 209 tamed megatherium which one do you think would win  ?

And Disconnectosaurus is still the worst nightmare in Ark, once dc the game either time out or saying this account is already login until many times before finally letting me in.

7 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Please if there's any critical changes, anyone tell me, so I can be more careful, X-dinoes are stronger but how much stronger ? X-theriz lv 95 vs 209 tamed megatherium which one do you think would win  ?

roughly, i think you can consider x-creatures to have exactly 3 times more health

1 minute ago, nameless said:

roughly, i think you can consider x-creatures to have exactly 3 times more health

omg, and I;m about to crown this lv 209 megatherium the king of bog lol, coz I'm mad at all those reptiles and this mega with all the insects in bog will make it berserk. But still, that's just hp though, should be no problem, but my megatherium just running in circle being clawed by theriz, how come the ai that stupid, the other day I saw my barry also like that being hit by raptor from the back till dead, I thought raptor has insane atk speed and my barry got stunned bcoz of that, also my sarco lv 189 got killed by lv 25 kapro, then my dung beetle killed a lv 50 sarco wild. I wonder why things work backward now, dung beetle shld die vs sarco, high lv sarco shldn die vs a low kapro, and im sure lv 209 mega on neutral should handle xtheriz lv 95 like a boss, but all wrong. I'm confused about ark now.

2 minutes ago, MrC said:

There are no x therys yet

ah i see, so its normal theriz then, but still my megatherium lost to it and almost dead, on neutral.

what's the difference between neutral and attack my target, did they change neutral behavior ? the other day my neutral dinoes attacked a paracer lv 95 and all dead, i thought neutral only attack when being attacked, while attacking surrounding dino is when set to aggresive.

Now disconnectosaurus seems to be attacking me again, I took my megatherium home at my base at bog and put him safe inside.

THEN, I saw a lv 140 bary and trapped it, a raptor killed me so I mounted this megatherium, set it 'attack your target' . THEN I GOT DCED. DAMN, he's probably dead by the time I logged in later, too much x-factor killing me and my tames, this is tiring.

Does Ark have official South East ASIA server ?

-edit-

thank god, still alive, seems like when dc wild dinoes lose interest to tames and my char.

"and im sure lv 209 mega on neutral should handle xtheriz lv 95 like a boss, but all wrong. I'm confused about ark now."

I theorize the Knockback ranges of Theriz vs Megatherium is why mega couldnt do enogh damage to the therriz? I been able to survive on near dead wyvern vs a pack of three allos due to the knockback range of my Wyvern bite was just enough to prevent the attack AI of the allos.

Tames wont attack unless they are within a certain range of their target.
This game behaves like a massive game of Rock Paper Scissors, with the level often having little effect on what tame will damage another. Species vs species seems more relevant to who wins in a fight, than level. Soemtimes level does make a difference but most of the situations the species (AI, attack range, knockback) will determine who wins.

Theories, not proof. But this is my theory why your mega couldnt win against the theriz.

AI could be better, but it isnt.

Dino AI seems to behave as if they were blind, and only have awareness of their target, only initiating attacks within a certain range.
Your mega needed to be within a range of the Theriz, which was not achieved (due to Theriz knockback and attack range being a higher distance), in order to initiate an attack action.

Also, Theriz can damage players who are riding on a tame dino, this is intended (and I personally do not like this code).

All of this post is my personal opinion.

"And Disconnectosaurus is still the worst nightmare in Ark, once dc the game either time out or saying this account is already login until many times before finally letting me in."
What a terrifying creature! I had a KO Pela that I needed to pump full of narcotics, but I got DC'd, then I couldnt get back in. I panicked feeling like I would not get the pela tamed as I was not able to get in to feed it narcotics. I managed to get back in after spamming login for a few minutes.
Same worry with babies. I worry I might have a baby starve because I wasnt able to get back in the game after a disconnect and the login LOCK, which I dont understand the puprose of login lock.
Login Lock is more layers of frustration in one of the most enjoyable games I have ever played, a game that is also one of the most frustrating to me due to code problems (not actual intended mechanics).

@GreenRoc  : Geez, I didnt know theriz can do that, attacking the rider can be considered a low blow if it was ufc. To me seems like they did a rebalance to lots of dinoes , some are weaker like microraptor, it only knocks me down but doesn't attack or maybe it's already like that a few months ago, kinda vague, while some are stronger, some are more stupid, or mixed so it creates different result compared to when I played few months ago. 

So I'm not alone with disconnectosaurus, it's just that ppl are more acceptant to it. I thought it's because the server NA was too far (around 14k km), coz I'm in SEA.

----

My Bear dead because of teleporting and met yutyranus, no flyer map is the worse map, and teleporting should be delivered at safe zone, not everyone has super op dino ffs, this random tele putting ppl in the mid of danger is like a big f u to your players. Please make the game challenging because of real game mechanic, not this low blow teleporting ppl and the tames to be fed to yutyranus. 99% of the time being killed in the game is either disconnectosaurus or random sh1t happening, not real game mechanics, not that its bad but always prepared.

On 8/18/2020 at 7:00 PM, DonaldDuck said:

I didnt know theriz can do that

Theriz has always been able to damage riders afaik, ever since Theriz was added to the game. Several other species can damage riders too, Dimorphodon (as early as 2015 these birds could hurt riders iirc), Thyla (tree cat) can dismount riders too, and many others can affect riders.

But my memory vague, I maybe mistaken.

Dying is part of Ark (part I do not like). I cant always avoid dying in Official Ark.
I try my best to avoid human death, but if I want to make any progress (I like to build and breed so I need to leave safety of virtual home to gather meat, trees, rocks), I get in situations where my human will die, no escape, no mechanic available to save my human from dying. I respawn my human, and continue on.

Sorry your human die. Ark human death happens, and sometimes there's nothing you can do about it, especially when it's a death by Disconnectasaurus.
R.I.P. Bob

1 hour ago, GreenRoc said:

Theriz has always been able to damage riders afaik, ever since Theriz was added to the game. Several other species can damage riders too, Dimorphodon (as early as 2015 these birds could hurt riders iirc), Thyla (tree cat) can dismount riders too, and many others can affect riders.

But my memory vague, I maybe mistaken.

Dying is part of Ark (part I do not like). I cant always avoid dying in Official Ark.
I try my best to avoid human death, but if I want to make any progress (I like to build and breed so I need to leave safety of virtual home to gather meat, trees, rocks), I get in situations where my human will die, no escape, no mechanic available to save my human from dying. I respawn my human, and continue on.

Sorry your human die. Ark human death happens, and sometimes there's nothing you can do about it, especially when it's a death by Disconnectasaurus.
R.I.P. Bob

I see, I never knew about that for theriz, that's the thing with Ark, there is always something NEW to learn even after x thousands of hours LOL. The others I already knew that, especially dimorph , that dude was the first dino I wouldn't mess with until now, he destroyed my open base once because I didn't know that and lots of them in redwood biome.

Actually I also die a lot too, but most of the time it was calculated death, I could avoid it with preparations but I chose not to for some situations, but death by disconnectosaurus can be brutal, log back in is painful most often than not. And what's weird is, the behavior of the login screen, I can already see the pattern and know exactly whether the game will let me in or not after pressing JOIN, like

- if I click join and it sends me to loading screen, then if it sends me back in server lobby 100% it will fail to connect

- If it stays in server lobby, then 100% it will also fail to connect.

- If i am inside the game but game freezes and nothing can be done, definitely I will dc but if I exit my char will stay logged in, and that will prevent me to login with different message saying that my char is already connected, in other game if I relogin when my char is already inside, I can choose to boot it, why can't that be implemented instead of letting us waiting.

- If the game stays in loading screen with moving loading bars, 100% I will connect, and after awhile by the song playing in background I can also know whether it will let me in or not because of the repetitions of doing this for so many times lol.

Logging in in any mmo, any online games that I have played, never been this painful. Ark is the only game that does that.

Tamed dinoes death is different, we tried as best not to let that happen, even wildcard also help us by losing aggro when dc, and sometimes for flyers if we dc when flying our bird and char put on land, not always working but sometimes probably the script fails to execute because I often read ppl say the game doesn't know when a character is dc.

By the way my point is MY MEGATHERIUM LV 209 SET ON NEUTRAL VS LV 95 WILD THERIZ AND ALMOST DEAD, it was one swipe away of being dead, I came with my bear just in time. How that happened was beyond me.

Archived