Why nerf shards in genesis?

Notagreatplayer

Why nerf shards in genesis?

Yes you could consider this a rant, but for good reason. It’s now NO JOKE, 90-100 shards per ele rock with a 130 Dmg Mining drill. Dude. On 4x. That’s just stupid. Isn’t this game time consuming enough? Now I gotta do 6-7 element runs on gen just to make a skiff? Come on guys...What’s the point of nerfing them this hard? Yes, maybe you got a little bit more than you should. But don’t decrease it by 70 percent...That’s just silly. People come to gen to get tek stuff, but the fact that It takes a entire day to get the element needed for a skiff is just silly in my eyes. 

I don’t know if anyone else feels like this, but you know where I’m coming from.

The reality is that decision was made to prevent pvp op tribes. But it does impact pve where things work differently. Pve is a sandbox for building and breeding while pvp is a man eat man sandbox game.

Also I think 99% of the time they lack consistency in their decisions because they are noobs at developing games.

7 hours ago, bobeeb said:

genesis is an endgame mission map and not an i place 20 cloner and cloning like poop for free map. 

with anky u still get around 440+ ele in volcano middle, 100+ ele at the small pit in volcano and outside volcano around 150+.

thats 3 skiffs per run for me

just dont use drill 

What’s you anky melee? Ours is 1000% and we’re barely raking 70 ele in total from the pit and the sides of the mountain

4 minutes ago, Notagreatplayer said:

What’s you anky melee? Ours is 1000% and we’re barely raking 70 ele in total from the pit and the sides of the mountain

I go in with around 800% melee anky and get minimum 70 from the pit alone, doing the pit + outside(assuming you know all the spots) I get around 150-200 ele Id say.

2 minutes ago, Notagreatplayer said:

Yeah I know most of them, is there actual element shards where the Magmas spawn?

Like in the main lava pit areas? Yes those are the places with the most red crystals but since the magmas respawn 1 or 2 every 15-30 seconds id say, it becomes difficult or even nearly impossible to do solo. I farmed those spots with a tribemate a couple times before with 1 person on a giga killing all the magmas and any that respawn while an anky rider harvests.

With a third person and a skiff it can be done very quickly but since I am solo most times I just stick to the easy pit and the outside.

5 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Like in the main lava pit areas? Yes those are the places with the most red crystals but since the magmas respawn 1 or 2 every 15-30 seconds id say, it becomes difficult or even nearly impossible to do solo. I farmed those spots with a tribemate a couple times before with 1 person on a giga killing all the magmas and any that respawn while an anky rider harvests.

With a third person and a skiff it can be done very quickly but since I am solo most times I just stick to the easy pit and the outside.

A guy on PS4 posted a video where he uses a Mek shield to farm solo. I'll see if I can find and link it.

1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

oh thats very interesting, id like to see it. Im thinking PVP? cause on pve the mek shield doesnt stop dinos from walking through it, maybe it stops the lava spit still?

PvE. It stopped the lava spit I believe then he just had some aggressive or neutral Rex's with. Effective but probably easier to make a friend. Lol

It was nerfed because it made Extinction element veins obsolete. Genesis was producing far more element than Extinction and still does, but now the gap is close enough that running a vein is not a complete waste of time anymore.

Farm with skiff. On official servers you should still be getting like 900 element per 30 min run around the volcano circuit. That's still very overpowered considering a 50K ele veins will only yield a fraction of that, and require you to find one, then spend ages doing wave defense.

4 hours ago, jedikitteh said:

It was nerfed because it made Extinction element veins obsolete. Genesis was producing far more element than Extinction and still does, but now the gap is close enough that running a vein is not a complete waste of time anymore.

Farm with skiff. On official servers you should still be getting like 900 element per 30 min run around the volcano circuit. That's still very overpowered considering a 50K ele veins will only yield a fraction of that, and require you to find one, then spend ages doing wave defense.

900 seems incredibly high even if you are doing the magma pits also, are you talking about small tribes or a boosted server of some sort?

12 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Well that looks like a terrible experience, but the surviving the eruption with the mek is interesting. Never tried that one, always just pull out the magmasaur if I needed to stay there.

Normally what I do. I think he posted this just after transfers but pre skiff. It's slower but effective as a solo farmer.

I wonder if you have to have shield and be in mek.

8 hours ago, Snhazzy said:

You can get 90-100 shards per smack on 1x with a decent anky (700+ melee) considering there are so many crystals just on the outskirts of the volcano I usually get 90 element per run which is pretty good considering there are no threats 

Except that area by the lava river with a few crystals on each side that have terrible hitboxes and have to hit them from the exact perfect angle to get them. Ive been direct hit by volcano blasts and instakilled a couple times in that area. Atleast it didnt 1 hit by dinos and they survived unlike on the lunar zone... I hate those meteors

12 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Except that area by the lava river with a few crystals on each side that have terrible hitboxes and have to hit them from the exact perfect angle to get them. Ive been direct hit by volcano blasts and instakilled a couple times in that area. Atleast it didnt 1 hit by dinos and they survived unlike on the lunar zone... I hate those meteors

Yeah ik where you're talking about but I don't farm there, I have a certain route I take on the outskirts of the volcano where I can get around 60 ish element safely and then I enter to grab a bit more before heading back :)

My math (untested) says clearing all three pits where the magmasaurs are should yield 1800+ element on 2x (4x technically). That’s one run in under 30min with 3 people. One skiff, one anky rider and one giga rider. Anky has 1500 melee. Pretty OP if you ask me. We have nearly 50k element, so it’s pointless to run now. 

Archived