Main Patches being ignored in Ark

Ark  obviously is a survival game/sandbox. So building is as much a big part of Ark as surviving the weather, dinos, and the terrain. However, aspects of the Survival have been completely ignored.

Night is none existent on ARK: This is a big issue for PVE official. I am up for allowing some gamma settings for adjustments but allowing the range from 0 to 6 is excessive. If I can recommend setting range it should be from 0 to 2. Renders all items made by the developers useless on official. Also, this affects the experience in the caves. Takes the mysterious wonderful terror of entering a dark cave. Survivors should not lose the wonders of the torch or night vision googles. That adds a layer PVE desperately needs. DANGERS!

Obelisks on all maps should have challenges(Artifacts & tributes should be use to activate such challenges) Obelisk should give us on all maps some type of challenges. They don't necessarily have to take us somewhere else but maybe they should be use to spawn special ALPHAS to kill or maybe some survive the herd challenges on each map. Originally the bosses would spawn there in the obelisk in the island and that is still not a bad idea for something special. (with some good loot)

How would you improve the Survival Aspect on Ark?

Increase dino difficulty based on server days. 

That could be done by adjusting server difficulty overall (5 to 6 to 7 etc). All servers rates/settings seem to be ran off same machine though so probably not practical but if they could separate them could make for some server movement or fresh starts or fresh challenges and fresh breeding on a long term server.

I disagree with removing gamma, I agree that it can be abused, but in certain places, especially underwater (thinking of you, front of Carno Island cave), gamma can stop you from being totally blinded. It would be nice to have obelisk challenges, for players not quite ready for a boss who want some potential loot. Maybe something that could be tackled with high-level carnos, or maybe argents if the hypothetical challenges allowed flyers. From a story perspective it would make sense, the arks are challenging us I think a big improvement would be making certain places with especially high-level dinos, like the snow cave on the island, swamp castle on Rag, or swamp cave, having tamable creatures. If you can knock out and tame a 340 dire wolf, you deserve a 340 dire wolf. 

Archived