Community Crunch 233: Crystal Isles Console Launch, Official Rates Increase & More!

StudioWildcard

On 8/14/2020 at 4:27 PM, SilverwolfOG said:

I agree with SeleneVerona we need love can we plz get 2x breeding 

100% Agree! 

I felt like last update was like..."we are going to do you a favor...from 28 hours...to 18. That should make it easier", Ark Dev team leader says.

Studio WilDCard giggles in the meeting.

Ced Laughing in the background ,"we got them boyz" 

Fades out on evil laugh. 

So.... It's too confusing... Now Rates are x2 because of Evo event... They will become permanent.... Then where did x4 come from? x1 will be equal x2 now Isn't it? Why is it stated that 1x will be equal x4? Even if you check rates on wiki, niw is x2. I don't know what rates you compare. Write it so that everyone could understand... Not only you with some rates in some developer's folder no one knows...

So. Can someone tell me... Will the rates be as they R now or will be doubled? Because what I see in this article - they will be x4 - doubled. 

On 8/14/2020 at 1:19 PM, SeleneVerona said:

Suggestion: Please raise the breeding rates as well. Honestly I've got real life stuff and taking a day to raise a giga to 10%, even with the flexibility of cryopods,isn't appealing as a gamer. Sorry to be a nudge, but breeders need love too please :)

On 8/14/2020 at 1:39 PM, yoduh said:

X2 to breeding as well please

That will make it super laggy

• Like 1

It would be nice to see Console Dedicated Servers have the same quality of life server settings. Idk about you guys but I’d play the game a lot more if I could have the setting that lets you pick up placed objects indefinitely. Seems you can only do that if you buy a server. If that changes Ark might become the default game in my friends circle again, and not just during new content drop.

So.... It's too confusing... Now Rates are x2 because of Evo event... They will become permanent.... Then where did x4 come from? x1 will be equal x2 now Isn't it? Why is it stated that 1x will be equal x4? Even if you check rates on wiki, niw is x2. I don't know what rates you compare. Write it so that everyone could understand... Not only you with some rates in some developer's folder no one knows...

So. Can someone tell me... Will the rates be as they R now or will be doubled? Because what I see in this article - they will be x4 - doubled. 
The x4 is with comparison to ark rates when it was released in 2015. At that time x1 rates are half of our current x1 rates, so when current x2 becomes default x1, it will be x4 of the original in 2015.

I'm on board with Selene and her suggestion as well, while I do get that this game is supposed to be a significant investment in time, for PvE at least, it would be nice if the breeding rates were also brought up. The biggest issue is, most of the players I know minus (1) who's a teenager, are working adults and have responsibilities that even with Covid,  aren't able to put that much time in for the more time consuming breeding/raising.  I can't even describe what kind of personal hell I put myself through when I pull my Gigas out to raise them, up for imprints at odd hours of the night for days in a row, it's a struggle mentally and physically to get through it, sometimes I get em fully done, sometimes I give up and take a few days off to sleep.  It seems almost pointless sometimes, you put that kind of time into a dino and then something happens that instantly kills the dino, or you make a simple mistake and bam its dead. Hours wasted on raising em for what could turn into a 30 second death.  Put that in the pot with anti-meshing killing dinos, dinos vanishing or falling through the map, unscrupulous griefing resulting in drown dinos,  or the trough bug (which is still there), I just recently had 20 rexes die of starvation next to 6 full tek troughs and they were nearly all the way to adolescent.   I hope you guys at Wildcard consider this change, I think this would alleviate quite a bit of stress in the players on Pve servers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 13Alpha1 said:

That will make it super laggy

maybe in the first few days because they all raise their collected babies.

but since it remains permanent it will go back and not be that much at once.

events will hopefully be less laggy too because not everyone collects again.

at least that's what I think. ?‍♀️

• Thanks 1

Em 14/08/2020 às 17:19, SeleneVerona disse:

Sugestão: Por favor, aumente as taxas de reprodução também. Honestamente, eu tenho coisas da vida real e tirar um dia para elevar um giga a 10%, mesmo com a flexibilidade dos criopodes, não é atraente como um jogador. Desculpe ser um empurrão, mas os criadores precisam de amor também, por favor. :)

?

Op

I believe raising the breeding / maturity rate will not cause excessive lag in the long run since people can raise more when it’s convenient for them.. they won’t have to jam the servers during a limited 1 week window trying to raise as much as they can cram in their nursery.  I think a better plan would be to balance the times to make them more reasonable.  Spending 10-14 days raising a dino that can be instantly lost when you accidentally step on a mesh hole or the genesis teleporter drops it under the map is not encouraging to new players.

• Like 1

SO WC not even considering to increase breeding rates or what?

With upped XP, Taming and harvest, its already too much as it is, players don't tend to tame much these days unless its a coloured event, eventually players farming for stuff will cap their storage then have nothing left to do, so farming goes out the window, as for XP u can just hit extinction drops and hit levels like crazy even on x1 rates.

So what's left? oh breeding for mutations. This game already takes up much of peoples life just on breeding alone.  Mark my words all we are going to see is players log in once a week to reset building timers, its already the case right now, its only going to worsen and servers are going to become lonely.

There is bosses but how many times are we going to do them before we get completely bored, and end up with throw away amounts of element.

Please @StudioWildcard consider breeder to get some love too :)

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 1:38 PM, Treborth said:

Yes please

On 8/14/2020 at 1:19 PM, SeleneVerona said:

Suggestion: Please raise the breeding rates as well. Honestly I've got real life stuff and taking a day to raise a giga to 10%, even with the flexibility of cryopods,isn't appealing as a gamer. Sorry to be a nudge, but breeders need love too please :)

As much as Id honestly love a boost to breeding and maturation I feel like there is a reason behind the long raises for dinos that potentially are the end game raises for tribes in PVP.  Ive honestly thought about it..and even though it is beyond the control of anyone i think initially it was supposed to be a challenge for a tribe to have top tier dinos.  For PVE well...we honestly have an in game atmosphere that allows us to raise peacefully.  Servers would be nuts with tames if it were so easy.  I wish they could at least relax the amount of days it takes to raise gigas, mosas, squids etc.  But overall I think they need to keep it somewhat balanced for PVP reasons.  even though again i know pvp is broken or was with duping exploits etc.

I've been playing for a long while and when i first used to play during legacy server days i didn't even attempt big raises as i had work.  But with cryopods and so many events that boost maturation rates...i've been pretty content with how the rates have been.  Frankly i do still have fun on boosted servers (while playing official) and get to enjoy boosted breeding and maturation rates.

Agree on the breeding for the love of Ark why punish new folks trying to raise a giga, and old breeders that are trying to make the game more enjoyable with better dinos. PVE and PVP should never be on the same settings to begin with if that is the reason its not a good one!

Edited by farfraumwerkn