Community Crunch 233: Crystal Isles Console Launch, Official Rates Increase & More!

StudioWildcard

5907e4db6c7c0_WolfAngelus-RainforestAdventures-8xsta.jpg.1aa82691e79d208e63342601a858866a.jpg

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

On Tuesday, August 25th, we will be releasing Crystal Isles for XBOX and PS4 console users!  Additionally, we will be enabling full server transfers into Crystal Isles and our freshly launched Official PC Servers. From August 25th, PC players will be able to download items and creatures onto the map without restriction.  Similar to PC, console users will have a period of time where item and creature downloads will be disabled.

Official Rates Increase

ark_survival_evolved_update_v256-2.jpg

With the major update on Tuesday, August 25th, we'll be doubling the fun by doubling the Official Rates across PC, Xbox and PS4 as standard, along with some changes to our specialty servers. From the next major version, Official Server rates will now have increased default rates for Harvesting, Taming, and XP. What was previously ‘2x rates’ prior to today, will now become the new base rate (1x). 

The increased 2x rates will be implemented directly in the game build itself. This means that Non-Dedicated Servers, Single Player Sessions and of course Unofficial Servers will also feel the increased rates. Therefore, if you’re currently using customized rates, it’s something you will want to keep in mind before this change is in place -- specifically upon the release of the next Major Version on each of your respective platforms, you may wish to reduce your server/game rates by 50% to have the same effective values as before.

Official rates will be adjusted accordingly:

• Standard Official Servers: 1x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 2x when considering our old values)
  • Small Tribes Servers: Smalls will have their taming, harvesting, and XP changed to 2.5x (which is equivalent to 5x when considering our old values)
  • Apocalypse Servers: These will remain at 3x harvesting, taming, and XP (which is equivalent to 6x when considering our old values)

EVO Event

c4d1c70db94b99199a88d21dbf29f34d_2.jpg

As mentioned in prior Community Crunches, the Official Network rates will be increasing to 2X following the next major version update on Tuesday, August 25th.  Following the update, we'll have more information on EVO events.  Until then, we'll be using the EVO event system to apply the bonuses.

ARK Sales!

PS4_Summer_Sale_ARK_July.jpg

Summer isn't over yet! Save up to 80% on ARK during the PlayStation Summer Sale!

Big_Gaming_Sale_STA.jpg

It's time to celebrate the Big Gaming Weekend, save up to 80% with ARK on Xbox!

Community Fan Art

Chilling with my Dilophosauruses by konstancja

chilling.jpg

Wings Of Valor by blue

1596407491_firewyvgoodone.jpg

Extinction by scoot

1597013713_EXTINCTION.jpg

Catch you on the flip side!

Studio Wildcard 

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

Suggestion: Please raise the breeding rates as well. Honestly I've got real life stuff and taking a day to raise a giga to 10%, even with the flexibility of cryopods,isn't appealing as a gamer. Sorry to be a nudge, but breeders need love too please :)

Edited by SeleneVerona
lack of information on timing sorry
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Facepalm 2

29 minutes ago, PatoMalibu said:

I would love to see more info about future Evo events. Since rates are boosted already, will it be special theme ones? 

"Evolution Breeding Weekend"
"x2 maturation"

"Evolution Love Weekend"
"x2 mating range"
"x3 laying egg rate"

"Evolution Diet Weekend"
"Baby x0.3 food consumption"

Etc etc.

"Cuddle Evolution Event"
"x2 imprint value" (on x1 rates).

"Cuddle+ Evolution Event"
"x3 imprint value" (on x1 rates).

Etc, etc.

Agreed, we need increased breeding rates too. It's such a waste of time to the point of making the game less appealing. Less idling around for hours and days at a time near babies = more actual fun.

PS: There was some talk in an older community crunch regarding an overhaul to the breeding system. Any news on that?

Edited by Oieru
  • Like 4

I believe if your going to make rates 2xs then ALL should be 2xs. Meaning breeding/maturation as well. I don't think that's asking too much. I'm not asking to be more than that because that's what we have the Life Event for. But 2xs everything besides breeding/maturation just makes it unbalanced. This is my opinion.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SeleneVerona said:

Suggestion: Please raise the breeding rates as well. Honestly I've got real life stuff and taking a day to raise a giga even with the flexibility of cryopods isn't appealing as a gamer. Sorry to be a nudge, but breeders need love too please :)

It takes you only one day to raise a GIGA? Must be unofficial. Another reason you must be asking for perm breeding increases since those rare events are fun but sustained like that is not good for gameplay.

26 minutes ago, asmodiandevils said:

It takes you only one day to raise a GIGA? Must be unofficial. Another reason you must be asking for perm breeding increases since those rare events are fun but sustained like that is not good for gameplay.

I reckon he meant baby phase. After that it doesn't take much effort to raise 1 giga.

Edited by DissuXx
  • Like 2

I’m super happy with the new rates! It now hurts less when tames die unexpectedly, or end up being killed by “anti-meshing” during the taming process (like queen bees being killed for being stuck in the hive during taming, or taming a bloodstalker on Genesis only to have Anti-meshing kill it upon taming completion). Also makes it nicer to tame brontos (8 hour tame on old 1x), esp since I tamed one with a tribe mate once On 1x and got 3/4 of the way through the tame and my tribe mate accidentally “took all” with the bumper button and started the tame over from scratch. Had to sleep with my console on and wake up once an hour every hour to feed my character and apply narcotic (it took like 13 hours Or more to finish that tame) Glad the taming time is more manageable now. 
it also helps in other ways for harvesting. I used to harvest every single metal node on the entire Island map, leaving nothing for anyone else. Now, there is enough metal to weight cap my tames and leave enough for other tribes. I’m happy with that. ❤️