Liopleurodon not giving a 6 hour timer - updated

skittles4free

Liopleurodon not giving a 6 hour timer - it is still 30 min

Hi everyone,

thought I would see whether the Liopleurodon tame was worth it this evening on Ragnarok. I've never bother before, but the latest patch notes suggested that it might actually be useful.

I tamed one north of the Tuso Pit on Rag. Timer on it stated 30 minutes - not 6 hours. Strangely enough I got a type of bubble breath ability. Nevertheless I tried to bring this baby all the way to my desert base on rag (water pen) so that I would be close to the desert loot crates. Rode a tuso as guard all the way back home. I got the Liopleurodon to my base with about 30 seconds to spare - and I was hoping that the timer was incorrect. Timer was correct, patch was not. It despawned at 30 minutes.

I took a look to see if anyone else had a similar result or if there was in chatter about this issue - I couldn't find anything on twitter or in bugs. I did however find another fellow who had a similar experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHGPmcuiP8Q

Any chance the patch will be patched?

13 hours ago, Castlerock said:

The timer u are talking about is how long u can have the lio for or the buff it gives your char? Because the patch notes only says the buff duration has been increased to 6h, not how long the lio lasts as a tame.

Hi Castlerock - I've tested this further. Under the old mechanic you had the tame for 30 minutes and you would leave it and have the oily skin buff for 5 minutes. When I read the patch notes it stated that the time had shifted from 30 minutes (the tame time) to 6 hours. However, what  you just stated is correct and this is the key. The oily skin buff now LASTS FOR 6 HOURS. Provided you do not fast travel or die, you will be able to get increased loot for 6 hours - rather than having to run back to the tame and get your 5 minute buff going again.

This makes the patch far more generous than I had anticipated. Buff is working too - I've pulled out higher quality loot from desert, and ice queen cave. The tame does disappear after 30 minutes - but that is more than enough time to share the buff with other tribe mates. I used a Trope to fly fast around map and farm crates. 

Archived