JimboJambo

Suggestion

Flowerpots

Suggestion: a decorative object that you can display various kinds of flowers in. Which flowers? Flowers grown from berry seeds, as well as rare flowers/mushrooms and possibly crops and plant species X/Y/Z.

How would it work?

• Pots could probably be crafted with a few pieces of stone or cementing paste and some fertilizer, and can be picked up without demolishing them.
  • Pots would have one inventory space, and seeds or plants placed in this space would immediately become flowers. There would be no growth period and they would not need water/fertilizer upkeep. Flowers would remain until the seed is removed or the pot is demolished.
  • Pots would also be paintable with at least two different color regions.

Below are some example images. I made flowers for each berry based loosely on the flowers of the real-world berry that I think each Ark berry most closely resembles, and the flower color contrast the color of the berry (e.g. purple mejoberries have yellow flowers, black narcoberries have white flowers, etc.). Each plant could also have its own leaf shape, but I just used a generic leaf here.

ark_flower_1.thumb.jpg.beb3ed69fcac9a2a6856d323620a2f12.jpgark_flower_2.thumb.jpg.f1e72949294947c5346f27f069b55e2f.jpgark_flower_3.thumb.jpg.d5596d8a8412f9b4939ce5b2e9d26615.jpg

Each potted plant runs about 1000 polys, most of which are in the flowers themselves. I tried to be frugal, but a competent artist could probably cut it down significantly.

Thanks for reading.

1 reply to this server topic

2 hours ago, JimboJambo said:

Flowerpots

Suggestion: a decorative object that you can display various kinds of flowers in. Which flowers? Flowers grown from berry seeds, as well as rare flowers/mushrooms and possibly crops and plant species X/Y/Z.

How would it work?

• Pots could probably be crafted with a few pieces of stone or cementing paste and some fertilizer, and can be picked up without demolishing them.
  • Pots would have one inventory space, and seeds or plants placed in this space would immediately become flowers. There would be no growth period and they would not need water/fertilizer upkeep. Flowers would remain until the seed is removed or the pot is demolished.
  • Pots would also be paintable with at least two different color regions.

Below are some example images. I made flowers for each berry based loosely on the flowers of the real-world berry that I think each Ark berry most closely resembles, and the flower color contrast the color of the berry (e.g. purple mejoberries have yellow flowers, black narcoberries have white flowers, etc.). Each plant could also have its own leaf shape, but I just used a generic leaf here.

ark_flower_1.thumb.jpg.beb3ed69fcac9a2a6856d323620a2f12.jpgark_flower_2.thumb.jpg.f1e72949294947c5346f27f069b55e2f.jpgark_flower_3.thumb.jpg.d5596d8a8412f9b4939ce5b2e9d26615.jpg

Each potted plant runs about 1000 polys, most of which are in the flowers themselves. I tried to be frugal, but a competent artist could probably cut it down significantly.

Thanks for reading.

i think it would also be cool if you could get the plants from the map! like the plants in AB or extinction

Archived