PVE LAG

Tarnhold

PVE LAG

I have a working theory on the lag spikes for the PVE servers. I have only recently started going cross servers from Valguero to Extinction. I placed tek transmitters in both bases and have noticed that just before the timers reset to 14 or 15 minutes for item transferring, the lag spikes occur. The Theory is that the lag occurs when the mass of players transfer and bring goods from server to server. I would love collaboration on this. 

It lags because of.the server save. official server saves about every 15 minutes. They have a transfer timer to slow down duping. Be careful transferring servers. If the server rolls back while transferring your character gets deleted. and if you do not have another admit to let you back in. You watch all your dinos and structures decay. You then have to log a ticket wait a month a GM will set up an appointment. Give your levels back but it's a new character. I would suggest making a new character on every map. Until you have a tribemate you trust with admin. Oh I would also suggest when logging or server update take all your items and put in a box I have logged on several times and fell from the sky through the map PS you lose everything.

So carry on Survivor!!!

The problem with pin coding everything is someone with autohotkey which is free. Uses a scrip that can input the 10,000 combinations.   I'd recommend not pin coding the structure and leave a thatch hatchframe somewhere to get in. So you just wait for the 3-day Decay timer on the thatch and then get your stuff. That is if you got a lot to lose.

Ahh this explains the frustration I've had lately trying to xfer out a bunch of heavy loot (poly, metal walls, black pearls) from a OSD. Waiting til 1 minute left on timer to put the stuff in my inventory (kept in tribute part of the ... and of course there's a huge lag and by the time the stuff actually show up in my inv it's on a fresh 15 min timer. Super frustrating! The timing thing is b/c i have just a little outpost with a rex on a leash to guard my outdoor transmitter. I don't want to stand there immobilized by weight for several minutes, good to get the info on why lag spikes like that. I will maybe create a small shelter around the transmitter but that's a PITA (i like the easy access). 

Anyway, thanks for the good info on this issue.  

Archived