Tek Cave Failure

Piffguru

Tek Cave Failure

So I went to do the tek cave with my tribemate a couple months ago for the first time. Idea was to get a train of dinos in the door and use a whistled quetzel to get to the gigas and aggro them into the lava then go back to the train of dinos and walk them relatively safely through the tek cave. First issue was getting on the quetzal and getting it flying once inside the cave, which I had a ramp and ladder built onto it to assist with this but as I expected the thing landed when I got off of it so I had the bright idea that flyers that walk into water will auto fly so I whistled it into lava and get it airborne.

Cool that part was out of the way so I start flying through the cave looking for the first giga, found it and proceeded to shoot it and get back onto my bench to whistle away. Well in my haste I went to get on the bench while I was crouching which on xbox will pickup the bench and therefore I couldnt place it back down in the cave and I basically screwed myself. It was pretty devastating losing 2 sets of ascended tek armor, 2 asc tek rifles, 2 asc shotguns, thousands of ammo, hundreds of element, all the tames with maxed out asc saddles, Basically months and months of work. Tribemate continued on but was ultimately killed so total loss all around. He doesnt really play anymore and was just really joining to help me with the fight, when it comes to farming, crafting, raising dinos its all me on official rates so im sure some of you can imagine the amount of time it takes to make even a single piece of asc tek armor.

Biggest issue was that I needed to kill the alpha dragon again which is a pain in the butt already. Well im now at the point where I can try again this weekend after getting all my armors and weapons and ammo crafted and doing the alpha dragon again. Going to be trying again with just us 2 survivors and no tames other than the quetzal to fly through the cave skipping the gigas and everything else in that hellhole. So in the spirit of completing this thing once and for all so I can finally tear down my island base, here is a short clip of my demise in my first attempt and anyone who is having a bad ark day can maybe cheer up knowing they didnt have THIS bad of a day.

PS. I was shocked at how long that armor lasted against a wild giga

Edit: Fixed vid again

5 hours ago, HiImZech said:

pretty sure this is unofficial since you can't bring a quetz into tek cave

but you can use a scout to lure giga into lava

This is official as you can see at the start of video, and yes you can bring a quetz into the cave, did it on single player to make sure first then did it on official. Scout idea is cool though I didnt think of that. Didnt think it would aggro to the scout, does just marking the giga aggro it or something?

2 hours ago, bobeeb said:

just uncryo giga in cave behind the gate.

we do the cave with 2 giga and yuty. and short before entering the cold cave we cryo giga uncryo our 15 rex at the cliff

easy like hell, also u dont need to farm tribute again, when u open the gate the tribute will not vanish and u can take them out for next run

I did bring a cloned giga as I had read conflicting reports about not being able to uncryo at the entrance anymore so didnt know if it would work and didnt want to bring a imprinted giga just to lose it. So I did uncryo the giga at the entrance and my tribemate used it to clear the enemies most of the way through the cave but not being imprinted it was down to like 5% life so he abandoned it and jumped onto one of the 1600%melee rexes and was close to the end but a group of theries pushed him into lava briefly and it insta killed him. Seemed like it was from a lavafall that must have touched his character. 

As for the uncryoing at the end of the cave... I had read people saying they were able to do that before but I tried that in single player too and couldnt uncryo anywhere I tried. Did that work for you recently on official? and where EXACTLY did you uncryo?

Had something different, but just as painfull happen when we tried to do the beta assention ourselves. 4 high powered rex's, army of theri's, one deadon…...deadon started getting nibbled on by a flying gator. I attempted to save him, then the gater lept, grabbed me off my their, we both went splash into the lava......everything had ascention saddles and such.

Back to the grind. .x

1 hour ago, Allanballan said:

Second You all approach it a harder way than is needed. Just use your Rock Drakes for the love of god. See vid description for more info. Works on official.

Thank you for the vids. Rock drake is a nice way to get through the cave but getting through the cave with no creatures wasnt an issue for me. Whistling the quetz and flying through the cave ive done on single player multiple times and its very easy so Im not to worried about that part of it.

What I was doing was trying to get rid of the gigas for my army to join me in the fight but this time I will just fly through players only anyway. Just hoping we dont run out of ammo since its just 2 of us so hoping I overpacked in that department.

One thing your first vid did confirm was the same thing I tried to do in single player which was running around looking for a spot that would allow me to uncryo somewhere as others have said they have done but I couldnt find a spot either just as in this vid.

1 hour ago, brenon45 said:

Based on the items they had... With 2 people... Official is definitely not what they are playing... 

Not official... No internet point.

Also be careful with Drakes in tek cavr on official, there's so many kill barriers they put in there that you might randomly die walking on the ceiling.

If you are talking about the vid I posted I recommend you to read the video description. We play vanilla settings with nothing altered. Also we were 5 ppl not 2.

Further there is no need to climb with the Rock Drake, just follow the path and stay cloaked. So no need to worry about kill barriers.

32 minutes ago, Allanballan said:

If you are talking about the vid I posted I recommend you to read the video description. We play vanilla settings with nothing altered. Also we were 5 ppl not 2.

Further there is no need to climb with the Rock Drake, just follow the path and stay cloaked. So no need to worry about kill barriers.

Sorry. My mobile doesnt show links or embedded so I cant see the video. But going off the description on the main body provided in the thread it was presumed to not be official.

Saying you play vanilla still isnt like official at all so its still mute to that point.

And any one who plays official knows that being cloaked on a drake will not keep you safe from purlovias, online mechanics act differently than unofficial. It maybe not say so in code but alot of people can say this is certainly broken or just doesnt work as intended. Thats why you climb along the ceiling or walls to avoid them.

Ps... Tek cave gigas have different stats compared to standard wild gigas, they do way less damage.

Ps...ps... Why do alpha dragon again? Tek cave door doesn't consume the items needed to open it... 

no you can't bring tek quetz in official. you have to disable flyers in cave. if you actually can fly 1 in there and it stays flying throughout then we have a bug on our hands.

also about the tributes, if you venture into the cave with the tributes they will disappear when you respawn after winning the fight.

do not bring the tributes into the cave.

9 hours ago, brenon45 said:

Saying you play vanilla still isnt like official at all so its still mute to that point.

Im not sure I follow. How is my unofficial standard rented server settings different from an official server? Just a question as I don't know this myself and might learn something new.

9 hours ago, brenon45 said:

And any one who plays official knows that being cloaked on a drake will not keep you safe from purlovias, online mechanics act differently than unofficial. It maybe not say so in code but alot of people can say this is certainly broken or just doesnt work as intended. Thats why you climb along the ceiling or walls to avoid them.

Seems very strange as there is no server settings whatsoever to alter how purlovias aggro. Should really work the same on a rented unofficial server as on a official.

9 hours ago, HiImZech said:

no you can't bring tek quetz in official. you have to disable flyers in cave. if you actually can fly 1 in there and it stays flying throughout then we have a bug on our hands.

also about the tributes, if you venture into the cave with the tributes they will disappear when you respawn after winning the fight.

do not bring the tributes into the cave.

Maybe your not understanding whats being stopped in the cave. You cant ride on a flyers saddle, but the flyer can fly, so you need to put down a chair or bench and whistle the quetz to fly through it. It definitely works on official.

Cloak doesnt affect whether purlovias aggro onto drakes or not. They dont even aggro on them uncloaked unless u bite an unburied one near them.

12 hours ago, Castlerock said:

Cloak doesnt affect whether purlovias aggro onto drakes or not. They dont even aggro on them uncloaked unless u bite an unburied one near them.

That's true to how there programmed...

But since you didn't read the middle section about how it doesn't work as intended... 

I will give another example... Thylo's (Mammal medium sized Cat) have a well known bug of pouncing riders of wyverns when they are programmed to pounce small to medium class creatures, NOT large class creatures... But they still can randomly pounce even rex, spino, and even got pounced of a giga riders(had a few of these happen to myself and tribemembers and alliance/friends all on official, I only play Official). Like I said before, official is known to act wrong not according to there intended programming.

Back to report that me and my tribemate were successful last night doing alpha overseer on official! So happy to finally be done with that.

We used about 2k shotgun bullets(We brought close to 5k) and both of us only needed 1 of the 3 asc shotguns we brought which went down about halfway in durability and maybe 1/5 of the durability of the asc tek rifle using about 50 element each including from flying.

Took a little more than an hour with just the two of us and we were able to fly through the tek cave on the quetz as I had mentioned earlier with basically no problem. On the first go through the door the entering cave lag caused us to fly into the wall a bit and it knocked off my tribemate so had to go back outside and start it over but the second time went without a hitch.

Now to spend the next week or so breaking down my island base :)

Archived