Megacheleon: Is this right?

Garick

Megacheleon: Is this right?

I've been trying out a lower level megacheleon and have a few questions.

So this giant sea turtle is slower than a raft?

It takes a fair bit to tame and is quite troublesome finding those small fish.

It is attacked by most things in the ocean yet has a very small attack radius and is slow to turn?

Why does this difficult to tame creature, large as it is seem to draw the ire and aggression of every sea creature and have little way to defend itself while being so slow that it really seems like something only suitable for pve? I mean of course you could build a metal box around it but there are far easier creatures to tame in the ocean that are much better and tougher than the mega turtle... possible to just make sharks/stingrays ignore the mega like they do the raft?

You are not the only one trying to figure out what the meg is good for. I only play PVE and it still is more trouble than it is worth. Maybe if you have a large tribe that needs to do some very time consuming stuff under water then it would make a great support dino and mobile spawn unit but that's about it. Being very slow in the water it does as you say attract every single predator in the area which slows you down even more. It can attack  but is slow to turn making it easy for bot dinos to get around you and out of bite range. These are actually the best things about it because if you dive down into the deep you are easy prey when the underwater zerg rush of every single animal in a 2 miles radius decides to gang b@#$ you. At least that isn't the turtles fault the ocean mechanics are difficult to deal with at the best of times. IMHO the meg should be a early game tame. Or even a temporary tame that you can use to get established in the ocean map. If it was a low lvl tame that was easy to get then I would be much more tolerant of the  slow moving  aggro gaining hero on a half shell.   To be fair though that thing is an absolute unit when you get it out of the water and if nothing else is pretty cool to look at lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 7:57 PM, Kawarriorking said:

You are not the only one trying to figure out what the meg is good for. I only play PVE and it still is more trouble than it is worth. (...)

Answer: Large, cryopodable/transferable passive flower/mushroom farm.

The problem with people "trying to figure it out" is that they think that thing is a dino. Is not. Is just a mid/end-game decoration with a passive ability.

Archived